Thanks

Acc hacker on west

ign: DaYRaiN

a friend got hacked by him... apparently the user either doesn't even bother sending through a middle account, or the account with char DaYRaiN is an account the user hacked himself and just feels like using it to sell stuff...
    mail spam would probably nicely clog their mail >.<

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Hack them back.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrit View Post
    mail spam would probably nicely clog their mail >.<
    Have fun doing that then.

Thanks
    Hmmmm same... got hacked on East by Baaaa and SirJukesAlot, even have their IP. He went through both my lvl 70 characters. I also found Baaaa on the market selling my items along with other class items like karok, lann, evie armor

So don't feel too bad, your friend isn't alone in this.
    Last edited by MoonSplitter; 11-10-2012 at 02:37 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    AKA you ran some fake vindi programs / have a too easy to guess password.
    Ah we-a blaze the fyah, make it bun dem!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I got hacked by him few weeks ago too. The weird thing is that I quit vindictus for a good 6 months, came back to check on my lann and then the next day I got hacked. (Judging from when he mailed my stuff to him)

Thanks
    Thats indeed interesting.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Yup, also the only programs I use is from this site but as I said I was away for about 6 Months. I have webroot antivirus, malwarebyte, and Zemana anti logger on my computer so I'm pretty sure I was/am not keylogged. Interesting indeed.

Oh another weird thing is that he actually listed some of my items on the marketplace, and then sent the gold to himself. Seem like he had all the time in the world and not afraid of me logging in.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
    AKA you ran some fake vindi programs / have a too easy to guess password.
    This ^

Quote Originally Posted by banditrage View Post
    Yup, also the only programs I use is from this site but as I said I was away for about 6 Months. I have webroot antivirus, malwarebyte, and Zemana anti logger on my computer so I'm pretty sure I was/am not keylogged. Interesting indeed.

Oh another weird thing is that he actually listed some of my items on the marketplace, and then sent the gold to himself. Seem like he had all the time in the world and not afraid of me logging in.
    As a computer science student, I know from a security standpoint that hacking is not limited just to executed software. It's indeed possible that a hacker could have received your personal information over your network. Highly unlikely, but is probable. Although you did state you have been away for quite some time...

Also keep in mind, antiviruses can only prevent by detection. It's possible that you do have a keylogger on your machine and your antikeylogger does not detect it. Programmers like me have a fun time obfuscating and hiding software so that it cannot be detected. It's really not hard to do.

If someone really wants to hack you, they just brute force the account until they can get in. It's not hard to use social engineering to extract one's personal email address. And after they obtain it, they'll keep brute forcing the password until they're in.

Good articles on password security:
    Coding Horror: Rainbow Hash Cracking
    Coding Horror: I Just Logged In As You: How It Happened

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Quote Originally Posted by Meta View Post
    This ^

As a computer science student, I know from a security standpoint that hacking is not limited just to executed software. It's indeed possible that a hacker could have received your personal information over your network. Highly unlikely, but is probable. Although you did state you have been away for quite some time...

Also keep in mind, antiviruses can only prevent by detection. It's possible that you do have a keylogger on your machine and your antikeylogger does not detect it. Programmers like me have a fun time obfuscating and hiding software so that it cannot be detected. It's really not hard to do.

If someone really wants to hack you, they just brute force the account until they can get in. It's not hard to use social engineering to extract one's personal email address. And after they obtain it, they'll keep brute forcing the password until they're in.

Good articles on password security:
    Coding Horror: Rainbow Hash Cracking
    Coding Horror: I Just Logged In As You: How It Happened
    There's some sort of password change exploit with older accounts/a db exploit/something. My account, after not being used for months, had both of its weapons unbinded and traded off. Funny thing is, I don't even think I had enough unbind pots...maybe I did from the event. Whatever.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by Agathocacological View Post
    There's some sort of password change exploit with older accounts/a db exploit/something. My account, after not being used for months, had both of its weapons unbinded and traded off. Funny thing is, I don't even think I had enough unbind pots...maybe I did from the event. Whatever.
    I haven't played Vindictus in over 7 months -- it's not even installed on my pc anymore. I'm going to assume my Karok is stripped then if what you stated is valid.

Thanks
    Ah, it happens from time to time. Word of advice; fight fire with fire.