Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks

Nexons new Hacking fine, a closer look

So you all read the thread about Nexon Updated ToS, stating hacker will be fined a whopping $1,000. And I read through some of your posts and you guys said that if you signed up earlier and agreed to the earlier ToS, you will be fine. But thats wrong.
    Read this:
    They dont need user input or agreement.

NEXON AMERICA, INC. - TERMS OF USE
    PLEASE READ THIS TERMS OF USE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SERVICE. Nexon America, Inc. ("Nexon America," the "Company," "we," "us") provides this web site (the "Site") and all Site-related services and products, including, without limitation, massively multiplayer online role-playing and multiplayer online casual games (collectively, the "Service") subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions set forth in this agreement (the "Agreement"). This Agreement governs the relationship between the Company and you, the Site visitor and/or Service member ("you") with respect to your use of the Service. It is important that you read carefully and understand the terms and conditions of this Agreement.

We reserve the right at any time to:

* Change the terms and conditions of this Agreement;
    * Change the Service, including terminating, eliminating, supplementing, modifying, adding to or discontinuing any content or data on or feature of the Service or the hours that the Service is available;
    * Change any fees or charges, if any, related to your use of the Service; and
    * Change the equipment, hardware or software required to use and access the Service.

Any changes we make will be effective immediately upon notice, which we may provide by any means including, without limitation, posting on the Site. Your continued use of the Site or Service after such notice will be deemed acceptance of such changes. Be sure to return to this page periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version of this Agreement. Upon our request, you agree to sign a non-electronic version of this Agreement.

Now im sure they wont pursue, but now thats proof that every hacker here is liable for the fine.
    Thank me if you just pissed your pants.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jared808 For This Useful Post:

blind-king (04-27-2009),Dested (04-27-2009),insanealex21 (04-27-2009),runewarz (04-27-2009),ryanterror (05-04-2009),slayrofevil (04-22-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    wow, idc. They are not allowed to use third party programs to collect our data, that would be illegal, so I'm fine. I don't use hacks often so the chances get slimer

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SomeDude123 For This Useful Post:

ryanterror (05-04-2009)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeDude123 View Post
    wow, idc. They are not allowed to use third party programs to collect our data, that would be illegal, so I'm fine. I don't use hacks often so the chances get slimer
    They already have our ISP...They will have no problem to track us down.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jared808 For This Useful Post:

blind-king (04-27-2009),ryanterror (05-04-2009)

Thanks
    Not true... they can't take ur data... but they can make sure you are not purposly hacking agaisnt their software...

Thanks
    All these choobs lol...they dont have your ISP...ISP stands for internet service provider(e.g. AT&T) now they do have the IP(internet protocol) adress with which you connected to them. With that they could find out your ISP but they cant find out your location without going to the ISP with a court order to release the information of your wherabouts(i think part of most ISPs is the policy to protect your information). They can however get an approximate area of your residence using your IP address. What else they can find out i am not sure. but i know those are somethings they can do

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tacky45 For This Useful Post:

blind-king (04-27-2009),ryanterror (05-04-2009)

Thanks
    ok heres my fucking suggestion DONT FUCKIGN HACK AND YOU WONT HAVE A FUCKING PROBLEM

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt1243 For This Useful Post:

ryanterror (05-04-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt1243 View Post
    ok heres my fucking suggestion DONT FUCKIGN HACK AND YOU WONT HAVE A FUCKING PROBLEM
    I would be pretty happy not hacking if OTHER PEOPLE WOULD QUIT! IM SICK OF HACKERS. THE ONLY REASON I STARTED HACKING IS BECAUSE NOOBS HACKED ME!
    Goals are fer losers because winners have already completed them all.

It takes skill to hack a hacker

Thank me if I helped

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IAmC For This Useful Post:

kingpop91770 (04-22-2009),ryanterror (05-04-2009)

Thanks
    What you need to understand is that more than likely some of your "paid hacks" money just goes to nexon anyways. As long as they don't see a sudden stop of sales for those hacks nothing like that will ever happen. I will leave you with a question..."Who makes viruses?" I think you know the answer.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    lalala stop posting this lol
    everyone knows

Kidd Ninjaa

1st video: Music video -Cant Be Real | 2nd video: Me and JR Parker - Let Me Love You

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ryansasz For This Useful Post:

ryanterror (05-04-2009)

Thanks
    Really? They would actually FINE people for hacking a FREE game? Thats just stupid..
    They would have to fine a lot of people too

18. The Following User Says Thank You to dette For This Useful Post:

ryanterror (05-04-2009)

Thanks
    Nexon won't do anything. They're all talk.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to -Sceptor- For This Useful Post:

ryanterror (05-04-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    so they would really fine a little 8 rd old 1 grand just for hacking a free game pathetic

22. The Following User Says Thank You to kolgoth For This Useful Post:

ryanterror (05-04-2009)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kolgoth View Post
    so they would really fine a little 8 rd old 1 grand just for hacking a free game pathetic
    well if you put it that way no, but they dont know that hes 8 ^^ so they dont care

Thanks
    You people are so naive. First of all, if you're talking about HS scanning and collecting information, and you think they're not allowed, think again.

You agreed to their ToS, plain and simple. You gave them permission to do it.

Aside from that, they have no grounds to charge you any monetary amount if you are simply hacking in game. You are not causing monetary loss to them. You are not receiving any money for hacking.

The worst they can do to the people actually USING the hacks, is ban your account and attempt to ipban you or your entire range (which is also very highly unlikely).

You must realize those things are reserved more for the people who create the hacks and sell them, hence monetary gain off of their product.

The worst they can slap you with is altering game files within their consent.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Aimeri For This Useful Post:

305kings (04-27-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Quote Originally Posted by kolgoth View Post
    in the registeration for a "nexon game account" you have to be at least the age of "12" so.... i doubt a 8 year old would even figure out how to make a account for a game like this or anything else on the internet for that matter....

but that would be UBER-fucked up for fineing a little 8 year old lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast