Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

Editor Postion for the CA Wiki Applications

What is a Editor?

A Editor is a person who is well spoken in English and has the time to write and contribute to the Combat Arms Wiki.

The requirements to be a Editor are:

Must have an strong interest and be extremely knowledgeable in Combat Arms.
    Must be able to word one's self and write well written English (all of the content must be written, none of it can be copy pasted).
    Must have a significant amount of time to contribute and maintain the wiki.

Responsibilities of a Editor are:

Write and organize content.
    Moderate and edit user submitted pages and content.
    Ensure that the game news and other user submitted content gets to the frontpage.
    Work with other editors to ensure that the wiki is up to date.
    Take screenshots, find pictures, structure and format user content.
    Actively participate in the development of the wiki, inactivity will not be accepted.

Benefits

[MPGH] Infront of your name & name color
    User-tag

Application Format:

Name:
    Reasons you should get this position:
    What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki:

Other Information

There are a limited number of positions, as of right now we have 8 spots open and we need only knowledgeable people who have a decent amount of time to build up the wiki and keep it up to date. You may start contributing to the wikis, and we encourage you to do so Combat Arms Wiki Support will play no part in selection process.

APPLICATIONS ONLY!

All other posts will result in a ban.
    Do not solicit people for support, doing so will result in your application being deleted + ban.

Last edited by Versa; 11-25-2012 at 11:28 PM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Versa For This Useful Post:

Arcton (12-26-2012),[MPGH]Hennessy (12-17-2012),JohnFame (12-21-2012),Mc565 (11-26-2012),RobinC (12-04-2012),THE J0KER (01-23-2013),Uniquely (11-26-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Name: Derian
    Time available: 6 hours week days and 17 hours weekends.
    Reasons you should get this position: Well im a very efficient at jobs and im a good writer. I have great grammar and know 2 languages: english and spanish just incase.
    What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: I havent done anything but i plan on keeping the wiki updated every week correct what is wrong on the wiki. Also i been playing combat arms since 2008.
    Last edited by elcamu9878; 11-26-2012 at 03:53 PM. Reason: because i forgot to write some things.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elcamu9878 For This Useful Post:

Arcton (12-28-2012),Versa (11-25-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Name: Joey
    Time available: 6 Hours week days 12 hours weekends (PST)
    Reasons you should get this position: I'm very active, I have great grammar, and I can understand and type English very well.
    What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: I have not done anything yet, but I will be planning on updating all content on the wiki page weekly, and fix any past errors that were put in.I will also be helpful with the other editors on the page, and try to help them whenever I can.

P.s. Been playing the game since September 2009
    Last edited by Color; 11-26-2012 at 02:17 PM.

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Color For This Useful Post:

Arcton (12-28-2012),Genesis (11-26-2012),Versa (11-25-2012),Vincent Dominguez (12-03-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Name: Tom

Time available: Mon - Fri: 5 p.m. - 10 p.m. Sat & Sun: 1 p.m. - 11 p.m.

Reasons you should get this position: As a member and player of Combat Arms for over three years, I even got the opportunity to test while in beta. I believe that I know almost everything about Combat Arms. I know about great guides to earn EXP & GP rapidly. And I believe that great guides such as those can really bring more attention to the Combat Arms Wiki. I have developed to type with a speed of 94 Words per Minute. My grammar is at an advance level, so that will help the wiki be easier to understand.

What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: Something that I've already done on the wiki is that I updated the latest Weekly Brief, which hasn't been updated since August. You can find the update here. Some things that I plan on doing for the wiki is to update the new features after every patch. I will also update the wiki with new information such as Weekly Briefs, Events, and items that are on sale. I would also like to improve the wiki by adding new sections such as reviewing popular gun items. I have a lot of knowledge from playing this game for such a long time of long periods. I would like to share that knowledge. I also would like to add information for other servers such as CAKR, CARA, CAUK, and others.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to []Legend[] For This Useful Post:

Arcton (12-28-2012),[MPGH]Flengo (11-25-2012),Flengo Jr. (11-25-2012),Uniquely (11-26-2012),Versa (11-25-2012)

Thanks
    Name: James
    Time available: 5-7 hours on weekdays, 7-8 hours weekends. No set times as i'm available all day.
    Reasons you should get this position: I've been playing Combat Arms since August of 2008, just after the end of beta. I have seen it's changes and witnessed it's growth first hand. I have a very broad knowledge on the game and i believe i can share that knowledge with others via this wiki. My spelling and grammar skills are excellent and i can type at a maximum of 110 words per minute with high accuracy.
    What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: I have my own account on the wiki and i believe if i am chosen for this job i can help out with spell checking and proof reading as my spelling skills were always quite advanced. So i'm always going to be checking the wiki for spelling errors and just general misinformation. Due to being a 'veteran' of the game i believe i could share my knowledge with others and be constantly updating the maps and weapons sections as well.
    Last edited by Genesis; 11-25-2012 at 11:05 PM.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Genesis For This Useful Post:

Arcton (12-28-2012),Color (11-26-2012),[MPGH]Flengo (11-26-2012),Flengo Jr. (12-29-2012),keyson (11-26-2012),Nightmare (11-26-2012),[MPGH]Psychotic (11-29-2012),Uniquely (11-26-2012),Versa (11-25-2012)

Thanks
    Name: Dion
    Time available: School Holidays in 3 days. A lot of this time will be spent on MPGH or the wiki if I am accepted, as I have no plans for these few months.
    -Former Middle man, I am ex staff on MPGH
    -I am now again active in the MPGH community
    -I have been playing this game since 2008
    -I am a high rank in the game, I have experience when it comes to combat arms.
    -I have a very knowledgeable on combat arms information
    -I play the game everyday, I am very up-to-date on all the recent bugs/glitches/exploits/anything etc.
    -I know everything you need to know about combat arms.
    What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: Currently I have not performed any action on the CA Wiki, but I plan to edit a weekly update every week, the first thing I will be doing is updating the weapons and gear, I will add a small description to each of the weapons etc. Obviously I will also be there to moderate and update user submitted pages. I have a high end PC so I can record things if necessary.
    Last edited by Mc565; 11-26-2012 at 04:34 AM.

mc565mpgh@hotmail.com

-Thanks to De La Ghetto
    <3

[IMG]https://i281.photobucke*****m/albums/kk231/drsynyster/UFB.png[/IMG]

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mc565 For This Useful Post:

Arcton (12-28-2012),Lightning (12-15-2012),Uniquely (11-26-2012),Versa (11-29-2012),YellowFever (11-26-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

Keyson

Name: Ben

Time available: Everyday from 4 P.M to 11 P.M (Includes weekends and weekdays) Holidays are a bit more tight, and if something comes up to where I am unable to fulfill the daily tasks I will notify you as soon as I can.

Reasons you should get this position: You are looking for members with a lot of time on their hands and a good knowledge base in Combat Arms as a whole. As I am done with school in four weeks(graduating early) I have plenty of time and I think I have the basic grammar and spelling skills to handle the job proficiently and with little error. As for the CA part of it. I have been playing Combat Arms since it was released from the Beta in 2008. I have seen it grow into what it is today and I plan to continue seeing it spread into an even bigger community of gamers. I know a lot about the game itself and can prominently update any new add-ons to any aspect of the game that I can.

What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: I so far have not contributed to the Wiki and seeing as how I'm applying for a Editor position for the CA Wiki, I hope to increase the information stored on it. I will also be constantly looking over the user submitted pages and proofreading as much as I can. Updating where it needs to be and all the responsibilities that you have mentioned we need to fulfill.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to keyson For This Useful Post:

Arcton (12-28-2012),Genesis (11-26-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Name: Joshua
    Time available: all day
    Reasons you should get this position: because I am an advanced member in ca section with great knowledge about combat arms
    What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki:I plan to keep everyone up to date with information about combat arms and everything else that may have a any relevant information to it
    YO YO YO
    alright I love to help out the community with the combat arms section if anything you need help please feel free to pm me I will help you I love mpgh I have respect for everyone here

if I helped you press thanks

like my mods and my other releases LOL

peace out yo

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sick kunt For This Useful Post:

Arcton (12-28-2012)

Thanks
    Name: Branden
    Time available: 3pm - 11pm Weekdays, any time on weekends. GMT 10+.
    I have a lot of knowledge about Combat Arms, i've been playing CA since beta. I have seen the game grow and the game's community grow. My grammar and punctuation is on an advance/high level.
    I've been on MPGH for a while now, I was given a trail wiki editor position earlier when Dave introduced the Wiki, I edited and made a few pages for the Combat Arms Wiki. I've been quite busy in the last few months but i'll try my best to stay active once again on this site. I'm part of the Combat Arms news team which is dead now... In the news team every week, one member would do their role and find information or updates about the game. I would normally do the general, hacks and publication. Here's an example; https://www.mpgh.net/forum/197-combat...issue-8-a.html

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Arcton (12-28-2012),Dispute King (11-28-2012),Genesis (11-27-2012),greenfroggy (11-30-2012),Mc565 (11-28-2012),Versa (11-29-2012),YellowFever (11-28-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Name: Kyle
    Time Available: 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
    Reasons why you should get this position:
    I have been playing combat arms since the beta was released. I took honors English classes all throughout my High School career and have great grammar. I also have a great vocabulary and am excellent at writing.
    Well I personally have not done anything on the wiki, but i enjoy the pages on it. I plan on keeping up to date information on the wiki at all times, Helping out others
    who have posted on the wiki but my have got some information wrong, and also I plan to keep the wiki up to the standards of all members as well as the admins.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to firelord498 For This Useful Post:

Arcton (12-28-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Name: Rob

Time available: Whenever i'm not asleep or out with my mates
    Reasons you should get this position: I have a vast knowledge of everything combat arms. I've played competitively and know the weapons and maps inside out especially the Search and Destroy maps. I think my substantial knowledge of the game could help a lot of people out if they need it. I play a few times a week so I am up to date with all the recent patches and what not.
    What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: I used to go on the wiki but stopped consulting it because it had been written with outdated knowledge and explained tactics which are not as useful as they could be. I edited a few pages of the wiki before such as my guide to tap firing which I should update. I have a few ideas on how to improve the Combat Arms Wiki which I recently was going to post in the discussion section but a wiki would be a better place for it.
    Ideas
    In-game shortcut to cut out background noise so you can focus on character generated movement
    Map guide (best nade spots, easy frags, where to go)
    How to raise your KDR legit
    And maybe a brief weapon guide.

I really think my knowledge of Combat Arms could help a lot of people out and a wiki would be a great way to share it. Hope you guys find the right guy for the job

22. The Following User Says Thank You to SuigiN For This Useful Post:

Arcton (12-28-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Name: Robin
    Time available: In the week: 5 hours for 1 day. In the weekend: 15 hourse for 1 day
    Reasons you should get this position: I am playing Combat Arms for over 3 years. I know some really good tricks, Legit and Not-legit.
    For ( almost) every weapon a weapon guide.
    Some glitches.
    if you want some tutorials about coding on it, i can code (c++,vb,AutoIT)
    How to raise your KD quickly.
    The best places to hide when you are sniping.
    Top weapons of every type.
    Last edited by RobinC; 12-01-2012 at 11:03 AM.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobinC For This Useful Post:

Arcton (12-28-2012),Versa (12-03-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Name: Zoltan

Time Available: Most Weekday Evenings (1-5 hours of contribution every Mon. thru Fri.), All Day on Weekends (6-12 hours from Sat. & Sun.) + ALL-DAY 2 Week Period from (Dec. 21st thru Jan. 4th), *Serious activity will begin Dec. 21st, after the current school term has concluded.

Reasons why I should get the position: I am exceptional in English. I have been a Combat Arms player for a solid 4 years now. I have ranked all the way to the rank of MAJ 4 and was a frequent NX user. I am superbly knowledgeable of the game's considerably large and growing list of features: all of the different weapons, equipment, specials, maps, and modes. I am quite familiar with formatting HTML code and the what the appropriate contents of this wiki are supposed to be.

What you have done and what you plan to do on the Wiki: I have not done anything on the Wiki at this point in time. I have made an account and previewed several different types of potential changes . When active and editing, I will be responsible for revising former and newer content for accuracy, as well as providing solid & proper (relevant & grammatically correct) descriptions for at least 70% (if not more) of all Weapons & Gear. This is essential because currently, there are almost no descriptions whatsoever, and the ones that do exist, are not decent for a wiki. Also, I will not hesitate to take on other responsibilities as I become active.
    Last edited by Mega Man; 12-01-2012 at 06:42 PM.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mega Man For This Useful Post:

Arcton (12-28-2012),Lightning (12-15-2012),Versa (12-03-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Name: Dave Niccolai

Time available: 5+ hours everyday

Reasons you should get this position: I've played CA for 3 years i know everything and anything about it, in and out.
    I was PHS for 6 months. And i was editor for 3 months already before. I am super active and put my heart to it.
    My grammar is decent and i am very mature for my age, i create mods for CA and have for the past 2 years.
    I understand the rules and guidelines and what's needed of me.

What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: I've created many sections and put in 70+ contributions.
    I've also edited many mistakes and typo's.

Thanks for reading.
    1/08/2011: MPGHian

1/27/2024: Global Mod
    6/08/2023: Moderator
    1/22/2021: Minion+
    9/29/2020: Minion
    7/26/2020: GFX Team
    8/07/2017: News Force
    12/03/2012: Combat Arms Wiki Editor
    10/03/2011: CA Public Hack Support Team
    7/11/2011: Donator/Premium
    6/25/2011 - 7/06/2013: Combat Arms Modder

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hennessy For This Useful Post:

Arcton (12-28-2012),Versa (12-03-2012)

Thanks
    Name: Edward
    Time available: Any time. I go on the CAWiki at school.
    Reasons you should get this position: Well I am already an editor for the CA Wiki, with over 1000 edits, I'm currently the self-proclaimed moderator for the hacks section in the CAWiki and have a vast knowledge of the game as I have been playing it for 4 years and counting.
    What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: As mentioned above, I've shaped the hack section with my knowledge and I will continue to do so. My near-perfect grammar and spelling makes me a formidable applicant. If you want a great editor and a grammar Nazi, then I'm up for the job.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast