Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

Looking for Editors for the CoD Wiki

What is a Editor?

A Editor is a person who is well spoken in English and has the time to write and contribute to the Call of Duty Wiki.

The requirements to be a Editor are:

Must have an strong interest and be extremely knowledgeable in Call of Duty.
    Must be able to word one's self and write well written English (all of the content must be written, none of it can be copy pasted).
    Must have a significant amount of time to contribute and maintain the wiki.

Responsibilities of a Editor are:

Write and organize content.
    Moderate and edit user submitted pages and content.
    Ensure that the game news and other user submitted content gets to the frontpage.
    Work with other editors to ensure that the wiki is up to date.
    Take screenshots, find pictures, structure and format user content.
    Actively participate in the development of the wiki, inactivity will not be accepted.

Benefits

[MPGH] Infront of your name & name color
    User-tag

Application Format:

Name:
    Reasons you should get this position:
    What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki:

Other Information

There are a limited number of positions, as of right now we have 8 spots open and we need only knowledgeable people who have a decent amount of time to build up the wiki and keep it up to date. You may start contributing to the wikis, and we encourage you to do so. Support will play no part in selection process.

@Burgessjr is the CoD wiki Manager if you have any questions contact him.

APPLICATIONS ONLY!

All other posts will result in a ban.
    Do not solicit people for support, doing so will result in your application being deleted + ban.

Last edited by Versa; 11-26-2012 at 08:21 PM.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Versa For This Useful Post:

.Suicide (12-06-2012),AlliX (01-04-2013),DragonbyteTH (12-21-2012),Geomatrical the 7th (12-05-2012),Geometrical (12-27-2012),Horror (11-27-2012),iMexi (12-01-2012),Lightning (12-17-2012),Prepix (11-27-2012),Royce (12-01-2012),Uniquely (11-26-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Name: Henry Z.

Time available: Monday-Friday (6:30pm-9:00pm PST) Saturday-Sunday (12:30pm-10:00pm PST)

Reasons you should get this position: I am mature, well rounded, and well spoken. I have good intentions of helping the COD Wiki grow. I have been playing COD since the WAW days and loved it ever since. I go on my computer single everyday, insuring you that I have the time to edit. I also have much experience in editing because I am the editor for my high school newspaper and have been for my middle school too. I know my profile says I'm a noobie at MPGH but trust me I have so much more to provide then just comment on threads and say good job to everyone (not that it's bad or anything).

What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: I plan to expand or "evolve" the COD wiki because to be quite frank it isn't much at the moment, but with my help I guarantee you that I will try my very best to polish up this ever so expanding wiki and to finish it to the last letter. I hope you make the right decision in picking me and good luck to others!
    Last edited by Sector A7; 11-26-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Red face Ohai, if you did not know my name is Daniel

Name: Daniel

Time available: 10AM - 9PM (Any time in that range I will attempt my best to do as I can do this while I am at school and finish tasks fairly quickly depending on the subject that is )

Reasons you should get this position: This would be a great way to learn new ways of writing and expressing things through text. I have played CoD for a while and I seem to be knowledgeable in this game and the FPS genre. I also know how to use spell check
    Some other reasons: I have had a private tutor every week since year K for mainly English, for example: Essay structuring, proper reading and highlighting, exam techniques ect. Besides this tutor I have at the moment another two for school work as well as piano and tennis which is quite irrelevant but just so you know due that it may interfere only for one hour on certain days.

I am able to write long extended responses and I am able to extensively study a feature or what ever it is that is required to write about.

What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: There is a wiki? I plan to help make it a nice place full of information for every one!

Thanks for reading

---
    I am from Australia, if I am chosen please specify what syntax you would like me to write in, example: Mother here is spelt: mum whilst in America it is mom.
    Last edited by NadeHouse; 11-27-2012 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Changed the colour from blue to red.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NadeHouse For This Useful Post:

.Suicide (12-06-2012),A272 (12-09-2012),Birdpoop (11-30-2012),MarkHC (11-27-2012),Royce (12-01-2012)

Thanks
    Name: Andy
    Time available: I think almost everyday but I still want to say 4-6 hours, GMT +1. 16:00~21:00
    Reasons you should get this position: I'm a huge fan of the Call of Duty series, since I have much knowledge about these games I'd like to contribute and share some things for the wiki, I'm always up-to date with updates and changes of every game. I'm mature enough to do it, writing about it is quite easy for me since I have experience with it. My English is good enough for people so they always understand me. I'm responsible for my actions, any mistakes that I've done will be recovered really fast. Since I'm not very addicted to Blops 2 I always have time to contribute. I like writing because I always get nice grades for it that means I have experience with writing long text and the wiki self.
    What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: The tab camo under Black ops 2 ( still need to make it better), my plan is to make wiki popular so people will have interest reading it. Spreading it over the internet.
    Last edited by Prepix; 11-27-2012 at 12:57 PM.

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Prepix For This Useful Post:

.Suicide (12-06-2012),Dispute King (11-29-2012),Geometrical (12-01-2012),iMexi (12-03-2012),Lightning (12-17-2012),Royce (12-01-2012),Uniquely (11-27-2012),Versa (11-27-2012),zZzeta/S (12-03-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

Post Isaakske - Application

Must have an strong interest and be extremely knowledgeable in Call of Duty.Check
    Must be able to word one's self and write well written English (all of the content must be written, none of it can be copy pasted).Check
    Must have a significant amount of time to contribute and maintain the wiki.Check

Name: Isaak.
    Time available: Regular days (e.g. weekdays) I'd say 1-2 Hours actively able to work on the wiki and not doing anything else. (Before or after that I'm online but doing other stuff.) This will ofcourse decrease on exams and other important stuff. And increase in the holidays (I'm not gonna lie and say I got like 5 hours each day ... I am online 5 hours each day, but everyone knows that not all of that will go to the Wiki ...)
    Reasons you should get this position: I've got the time and the interest, and I wouldn't mind spending it on the wiki. I've worked on it before and am working on it now. Burgessjr already asked me to work on it (before this thread), and I accepted his offer. I'm working on it for almost a week now, and I really enjoy it. I've played every CoD starting with CoD 2, and enjoyed most of them. I started making hacks for them almost a year ago. I'm quite familiar with the whole CoD system and the wiki. At the moment I'm working on the Black Ops II section, since that's the "new and fresh" CoD. I played most of the CoD's alot (already 66 hours on BO II) and know almost everything about them. I'm also quite familiar with MPGH and the CoD sections, as i spend hours on them everyday.
    What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: Some months ago, Jorndel and I started working on the MW3 Primary Weapon Section. Agreed, I didn't do alot and gave up quite quickly. Jorndel on the other side, kept working on it, to make it what it is today. Like a week ago, I got an offer from Burgessjr to work on it, and so I did. I started with Black Ops II, since it was only released for a few days. I already made the Primary Weapon Section, Secondary Section, and I'm starting with Camo's and Scorestreaks. (Note that Jorndel provides the images, and adds them in, thank you for that ) I plan on completing the Black Ops II section with everything I have in mind (Scorestreaks, Camo's, Maps, Modes, etc etc) and then start checking the other sections out, as i noted that almost none of them actually contain any finished/even half-finished pages.
    Last edited by Horror; 11-27-2012 at 10:28 AM.

Minion+ : February 2014 - January 2015
    Counter Strike: Global Offensive Minion : November 2014 - January 2015
    Alliance of Valiant Arms Minion : August 2014 - January 2015
    Need For Speed World Minion : January 2014 - January 2015
    Rust Minion : January 2014 - January 2015
    Call of Duty Minion : January 2013 - January 2015
    Editor : December 2012 - April 2013
    Donator : March 2014 - Current
    Member : October 2010 - Current

Previously known as "Isaakske".

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Horror For This Useful Post:

A272 (12-09-2012),Dispute King (11-27-2012),iMexi (12-03-2012),Jorndel (11-27-2012),Larity2056 (12-02-2012),Royce (12-01-2012),Versa (11-27-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    Name: Ahweii

Time available: standard working hours time. 9am - 5pm on Mondays to Friday, and Sunday. I'm in Singapore ( GMT+06:46:48 )

Reasons you should get this position: i have a mature mindset, goes into research of call of duty very frequently, good knowledge in CoD series, i speak with fairly apprehensible english most of the times. I've also been into FPS for quite sometime and would really have passion helping this COD WiKi out. I ace in literature and english too.
    I've been trained in writing long essays of report regularly as one of a game operative in the past.
    Im really excited and passionate to get this job. I've played long hours on cod and find out every detail as much as possible.

What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: I've decided to help up on the weapons area as i know most of the weapons inside out. i unlocked the diamond camo myself without the ' CAMO EDITOR ' in the BO2 sections. i found a way to unlock diamond camo for LMG, SMG and Specials. So far i've visited the wiki once, and to be honest, there's not must in that wiki. i could give a guide to those people on how to rank their weapon up fast, and how to unlock the gold camo ASAP. I know someone has already posted on how to get the Diamond Camo on that wiki, but he or she is not giving enough info on how to use the weapon to the fullest. I could also share on some of the recommended classes i use, and why i chose that as a class.
    Last edited by .Suicide; 11-27-2012 at 07:25 PM.
    46segma

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to .Suicide For This Useful Post:

A272 (12-09-2012),Royce (12-06-2012)

Thanks
    Name: Mexim
    Time available: Monday - Friday (+/-2 hours/day) and Saturday - Sunday (+/- 4 hours/day)
    Reasons you should get this position: I know I haven't contributed that much to the COD community, but I try doing my best with my videos which i recently started. (One of the better ones here, just posted it.) I'm really active with stuff having to do with COD, just not that much on MPGH, which obviously can change or I wouldn't be applying for this spot. I can write better than I can talk in my videos, so I do think that says enough. Euhm, this is ofcourse a great change to show off some writing skills and to improve at rewriting, structuring and organizing a text to help out other people, which I'm gladly willing to do.
    What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: Well as for now, as mentioned before, I haven't contributed to the wiki yet, ofcourse I do plan on doing it or I wouldn't apply. I explained about the videos and stuff and I think I'm going to try and write down all the things that should be known about COD and I would especially love to do gun-series etcetera with all sort of tips 'n tricks which can be written in the wiki. So yeah, I'm open for questions and I'm open to take this spot and give back to the people / the community.

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by iMexi; 12-01-2012 at 04:19 AM.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iMexi For This Useful Post:

Dispute King (12-02-2012),godzillakill (12-14-2012),Royce (12-01-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Name:
    Gilles DM.
    Time available:
    As I am in my last year of school, I don't have all day. But from in the evening I have all the time I need to contribute.
    I am a very mature, honest, but yet fun person. Playing CoD has always been one of my main hobbies and I started playing it around three years ago. In the years that followed, I have gained a lot of experience around the games, the guns, the maps, etc. I play it mostly everyday and so know what I know.
    Well, to start off, I would definitely bring more deeper details into many of the topics. I would try to stay up to date with new patch notes, playlist updates, gun nerfs, etc. so that people would be immediately up to date with all latest information, because if you want to be so now, you would have to check a million different sites to find all you should know.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Name:
    Riley J. Strickland

Time available:
    All day every day as I take my laptop everywhere

I'm moderately knowledgeable about the COD series. I currently own Cod 4 (360), Cod WAW (360, PC), MW2 (360), Cod 7/Black Ops (360), MW3 (360, PC), and Cod 9/Black Ops 2 (PC), so I am able to go back into each of the games and refresh my knowledge of the campaigns and multiplayer. English is also my native language making it much easier to find and fix grammatical and spelling errors found on the Wiki, as well with rephrasing sentences to make them easier to understand. I have decent knowledge of Wiki formatting, and have excellent knowledge on formatting, maintaining, and keeping a website (or wiki) fast, efficient, and clean.

>Started and mainted the Black Ops 2 Hacking Section.
    >Re-formated some of the MW2 Hacking Section.
    I plan on keeping the hacking sections maintained, well formatted, clean, up-to-date, and gramatically correct.

Other Information
    Already a "Trial Editor," but I feel like I should still post an application here.
    Last edited by rileyjstrickland; 12-02-2012 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Prettyfied/Fixed Contrast

If You Like My Releases, Hit The Thanks button!
    Follow the rules.

Successful Purchases: 2
    @The403
    @sundy42
    Successful Sales: 1
    @wZ. Gali
    Scammed: 1

Favorite Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Who cares about simplified mandarin. The only problem here is that Cantonese (and Hokkien) is no longer being taught, but guess what, times change. There have been thousands of languages that have been lost to the ages, you'd be pissing in the wind to try and stop that.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rileyjstrickland For This Useful Post:

Dispute King (12-02-2012),Royce (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    Name: Andrew Z.
    Time available: I am available on Wenesdays, from about 3PM Central Time Zone USA to about 6PM (Wednesday-Friday)
    I am available on Saturday and Sunday from 10PM to 6PM
    Reasons you should get this position: I have had an interest in Call of Duty for years and I've been told I am a very good writer with the ability to state my opinion, be factual, and keep readers interested in my writings.
    What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: I have not done anything on the wiki as of now, but I am interested in doing gun reviews along with a complete guide into the best guide for your skill level and player level (within the game). I can do this with Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops 2, as those are the ones I have experience with and play a lot. Thank you. I check MPGH every few days, so if you could get back to me, leave me a message. If you want more information, message me and I'll give you some contact information.

Thanks
    Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

Applications are still open but I have just promoted @iMexi @NadeHouse to trial editors if you wish to be a editor feel free to apply (If i mentioned you do not reply to this thread)

Current Trial Editors
    @Jorndel (Most Active)
    @rileyjstrickland
    @Geometrical
    @Prepix
    @Isaakske
    @The Hobbit
    @Singularity (Turned down offer)
    @Slirpa
    @Nachos (Turned down offer)

Only 4-5 will move on so I suggest you not to slack off

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Royce For This Useful Post:

Geomatrical the 7th (12-05-2012),Horror (12-04-2012),Jorndel (12-04-2012),NadeHouse (12-04-2012),rileyjstrickland (12-04-2012)

Thanks
    Looking for 3 more trial editors.

Thanks
    Name:
    Edward

Time Available:
    4:00pm - 9:00pm (Western Time, Week-Days)
    10:00am-9:00pm (Week-Ends)

My skills with writing are strictly on-par, aswell as my expertise with the Call of Duty franchise . I've been a fan of this First Person Shooter since the first installment of; "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare", released in early 2007 . And i've been following the series since then . I myself, have ALOT of in-game experience aswell as the release dates, DLC, and so fourth . That's a whopping FIVE years of experience . I have played almost ALL of the newly release CoD's on my PS3 and PC . Since English is my "Native Tongue" per-say , it would be extremely easy to understand my writing since there would be zero-to-none grammatical mistakes .

I am planning on expanding and thriving the Call of Duty Wiki by; Inputting known glitches,bugs etc. Weapon statistics, Map statistics, the latest patch information, and the upcoming DLCs . An addition to that, I would love to design a logo, or whatever you wish to contribute to this Wiki .
    Last edited by iTzSeyeko™JR #1; 12-08-2012 at 11:14 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Name: Teodor M. (if so PM me for last name)
    Time available: 3hr for wiki only,+4-5 hr for COD
    Reasons you should get this position: I attend bilingual gymnasium, that focuses on English language. I love to write and speak, i had youtube channel but it was taken down, now i have one too which i just started.
    What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: I have not done anything so far, as i did not really know that there is a wiki for COD. If i qualify for this post, then i will definitely do some tips for guns, attachments scorestreaks, comparison of different perks, tips for maps. Then also when something new comes up to COD, i will write a report on that.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Name: Aiden McNally
    Time available: 3pm -9pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday,Friday. 5pm-11pm Saturday, Sunday. (UK Time, and sometimes occasionally i will not be able to commit as i get driving lessons soon.)
    Reasons you should get this position: My Call of Duty knowledge is second-to-none, ask me a question and i will be able to answer it almost immediately. I have also done some editing in the past, a popular magazine website for my work experience about 3 months ago. I have also been a dedicated editor for the Twilight wiki (don't judge me, i don't like Twilight anymore.) so i know what i'm doing. My English skills are very good too seen as though I'm studying English Language and Literature at A-Level (Like college for you Americans.)
    What have you done and what do you plan to do on the wiki: A few things.
    • Contribute to existing sections.
    • Add more detail to existing sections.
    • Add more sections, have a few in mind.
    • Correct grammatical errors.
    • Re-format some of the content.
    • Add more screenshots.
    • Do some research into some of the existing information.

E-Mail me; starzzdzn@hotmail.co.uk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast