Threaded View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed

Wink [Leeched] Ipak Extractor v24 (+ library and source)

IPAK extractor (+ library and source)
    So after making a deep analysis of .ipak files (texture container files), I got all the needed info to make an IPAK extractor. Sadly only some texture files (iwi files) can be converted to dds format, but well, I guess it will be possible in some amount of time. I have also decided to make the extracting process in a managed c++ dll, so you can use it too if you want. Next thing im going to code is a way to inject modded iwi's into ipaks. By the way, you need to have a minimum of 256MB of RAM in your computer, and I also think that iwi files dont have name now

- Library documention (skip this if you're not a programmer):

This library has 3 functions:
    Code:
    static int ExtractFiles(System::IntPtr ipakDirectoryPtr, System::IntPtr extractDirectoryPtr, bool realExtract, bool skipFilePadding, bool decrypt, bool sleepAtFinish);

static int ExtractFileID(System::IntPtr ipakDirectoryPtr, DWORD fileID, System::IntPtr extractDirectoryPtr, bool realExtract, bool skipFilePadding, bool decrypt, bool showConsole, bool sleepAtFinish);

static int GetFileCount(System::IntPtr ipakDirectoryPtr);

- ExtractFiles extracts all files from the specified ipak
    - ExtractFileID extracts the file with the specified ID from the specified ipak
    - GetFileCount tells you how many files are there in an ipak

- If realExtract is true, then padding and pre-headers in an iwi file are skipped (recommended to get original iwi file)

- If skipFilePadding is true, then padding INSIDE the file is deleted, only valid when realExtract is true

- If decrypt is true, then the iwi files get decrypted and decompressed to get valid editable iwi's, only valid when realExtract is true

- If showConsole is true, then when the extraction process starts a console pops up with progress information

- If sleepAtFinish is true, then the console sleeps 1 second when it finished extracting

The library can also return error codes, which are the following:
    Code:
    #define SUCCESS 0x00000001 // success
    #define ERROR_LOW_FILESIZE 0xFFFFFFF0 // if size of ipak is lower than 16 bytes
    #define ERROR_WRONG_IDENTIFIER 0xFFFFFFF1 // ipak has wrong identifier
    #define ERROR_WRONG_FILESIZE 0xFFFFFFF2 // ipak has wrong filesize
    #define ERROR_NULLINFO_INFO_SECTION 0xFFFFFFF3 // ipak has null info about info section
    #define ERROR_START_FILEMAP_FAILED 0xFFFFFFF4 // MapViewOfFile() failed
    #define ERROR_NULLINFO_DATA_SECTION 0xFFFFFFF5 // ipak has null info about data section
    #define ERROR_INFO_SECTION_TOO_BIG 0xFFFFFFF6 // if info section > 256mb
    #define ERROR_IPAK_FILESIZE_TOO_BIG 0xFFFFFFF7 // if a file from ipak > 16mb
    #define ERROR_IPAKFILE_NOTFOUND 0xFFFFFFF8 // ipak file not found
    #define ERROR_FILEID_NOTFOUND 0xFFFFFFF9 // only when using ExtractFileID(), it cant find specified file
    #define ERROR_CANT_CREATE_HANDLE_1 0xFFFFFFFA
    #define ERROR_CANT_CREATE_HANDLE_2 0xFFFFFFFB
    #define ERROR_CANT_ALLOC_TO_DECRYPT 0xFFFFFFFC

- Version log:

- v2: Initial release
    - v2.3: Fixed segmented files bug; added new parameter to functions; released source
    - v2.31: Added GetLastError call when extraction fails; extractor now deletes padding inside file
    - v2.4: Added decompression feature

- Tips:

I have some tips for you, if you're a texture modder:

- Use Downloads - sagethumbs - A Windows Explorer extension allowing to preview many image formats - Google Project Hosting for much easier dds files view ( https://easycaptu.re/h2A64.png )
    - To convert all files (which can be converted) to dds, download IWI_X_DDS, open it, and drag all iwi files to the IWI_X_DDS window

All credits to kokole.

virus scans: https://www.virustotal.com/file/ed47...is/1355078216/

https://virusscan.jotti.org/de/scanre...1a3ba5347114d6
    <b>Downloadable Files</b> Downloadable Files
    Last edited by bballchamp99; 12-09-2012 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Virus scan

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to bballchamp99 For This Useful Post:

Colors77 (12-16-2012),CstRo (01-09-2013),glay (12-09-2012),gyilok82 (12-09-2012),hdisifjdjjsj (05-31-2013),Jorndel (12-29-2012),Nerv Epic (12-10-2012),pooprig12 (12-21-2012),SinuSKilleR (12-16-2012),skeletonmage (12-11-2012),staffie (12-09-2012),tobiaz1e35 (12-09-2012),xHuxley (12-09-2012)