Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Alcohol Vs Weed

This is just a game really.

Let's imagine both Alcohol and Marijuana are both illegal, which one would you support for legalization? You can pick because you prefer one over another, or you can pick because you deem one safer than the other. (You may also keep in mind that a change may or may not be better for our future children also) - And of course, you may choose neither, too.

I don't want one word replies, I want people to answer their questions with intelligence.

I think it will be interesting to see the replies, especially since 1/3 - 1/2 of Americans believe what the Government tells them to believe, rather than true facts. (Ofcourse the US not being the only place).
    Last edited by Zithium; 12-12-2012 at 05:06 AM.
    "Depending on the context, I may or may not enjoy getting stoned to death" - zιтнιυм™

Ex WarRock Minion Force

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Weed .

I'm going to bed, but I'm pretty sure there are no benefits of alcohol other than some minor antioxidants. Too lazy to research right now.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Weed .

I'm going to bed, but I'm pretty sure there are no benefits of alcohol other than some minor antioxidants. Too lazy to research right now.
    Supposedly the only benefits that can be seen from Alcohol is if used in moderation, meaning to never binge drink and drink at most one beer per day. A recent scientific study reported that it could decrease the chance of diabetes and high blood pressure, and can also help people lose weight. I'm sure I read somewhere else that one beer a day is also good for your bones. Not surprisingly, drinking more than that has the adverse effects.

The main problems is, if there's beer your not gonna' stop at just one... And yeah i'm almost certain that's the only positive thing about Alcohol researchers have ever come up with...
    "Depending on the context, I may or may not enjoy getting stoned to death" - zιтнιυм™

Ex WarRock Minion Force

Thanks
    Marijuana.

Only inhibits the cb1 and cb2 receptors by substituting the catalyst. Other drugs including alcohol force the body to produce abundant amounts of a bodies natural secretion, which can cause physical dependency whereas with Ganja this is not the case.

Hemp grows in 90 day cycles, meaning 1 acre of hemp will produce more paper than 4.1 times the amount of trees on a tree farm, which take a lifetime to regenerate. Hemp is the only paper substitute that can keep up with the rising population demands for paper.

Marijuana can be used to help those with eating ailments, as well the indica strain can be used purely for anesthetic purposes.

Marijuana can be used to calm chemo patients stomachs whilst going through treatment.

Marijuana does not have to be smoked to be used, it can be ingested, smoked, as a drink, and even through an IV if uses in the medical field.

Marijuana can be used for pain reduction. IE: cluster headache patients.

Marijuana can be substituted for other pain medications that can lead to addiction. Rather than giving a patient a drug that forces the body to over-produce serotonin, Marijuana only substitutes chemicals that are non-harmful.

Alcohol's only benefit is honestly in a glass of red wine, and that is at dinner. This is because the alcohol detox's the body in small dosages. Drinking alcohol with absolutely no food in your stomach will lead to stomach ulcers. Drinking alcohol in abundance kills brain cells (according to more recent studies, you must achieve the level of alcohol poisoning for this to be true). Alcohol I've prolonged use whilst used in abundance will cause liver disease and possibly heart failure. I can easily keep going.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

.REZ (12-13-2012),[MPGH]Doc (12-13-2012),Lightning (12-17-2012),RIP13 (12-19-2012),scotbud123 (12-17-2012),Zithium (12-13-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Sweet post and all true, nice to see something with many different benefits of legalizing weed. People tend to talk about one category when it comes to benefits, and in truth there's hundreds.

Of course though, Alcohol would have to banned or strictly moderated if weed was legalized. And recently the American Government admits weed has far more benefits, but they are, let's say afraid to make a move... In my mind if they don't change it then it will have a massive impact on the health of our offspring and so on...

Ex WarRock Minion Force

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    both, I don't think anybody would enjoy another era of organized crime from irish and italian mobs/mafias (prohibition), especially with modern technology and what not

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    If we are going by safer use: Weed.
    If we are going by medical use: Weed.
    If we are going by culinary taste: Alcohol.
    If we are going by realistic effects on society: Alcohol(prohibition vs. current state of weed).

In a perfect world I'd take weed. In this one, I'd probably still support weed. Alcohol is a depressant and weed the opposite. It would brighten people's miserable lives a lot more than being drunk that's for sure.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

Lehsyrus (12-13-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    If we are going by safer use: Weed.
    If we are going by medical use: Weed.
    If we are going by culinary taste: Alcohol.
    If we are going by realistic effects on society: Alcohol(prohibition vs. current state of weed).

In a perfect world I'd take weed. In this one, I'd probably still support weed. Alcohol is a depressant and weed the opposite. It would brighten people's miserable lives a lot more than being drunk that's for sure.
    Dramatic decrease in domestic and public violence if Alcohol were to take marijuanas place as a prohibited drug. Imagine replacing drunking abusive fathers (mothers as well) with a dad who just gets high as a kite and draws unicorns.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Dramatic decrease in domestic and public violence if Alcohol were to take marijuanas place as a prohibited drug. Imagine replacing drunking abusive fathers (mothers as well) with a dad who just gets high as a kite and draws unicorns.
    Would the smoke from burning weed hurt a child's lung growth?
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post

There's ways of smoking weed with very few "bad effects". A vaporizer for instance heats weed to a temperature where the chemical THC is active, but doesn't heat it until the point of combustion. That means, there's no smoke, and very few health risks associated with it.

Of course a Vaporizer is drug paraphernalia, which is also currently illegal in America, so even the people who want to smoke weed with almost no down effects can't currently 'legally' do it.

And let's face it, if weed was legalized, there would be a big increase in vaporizers, the healthier way of smoking.
    Last edited by Zithium; 12-13-2012 at 05:37 AM.

Ex WarRock Minion Force

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zithium For This Useful Post:

666HiddenMaster666 (12-13-2012),[MPGH]Doc (12-17-2012)

Thanks
    I think they should make weed legal because of all the good effects it can have (most of which have already been stated) but on the other hand I doubt they will ever ban alcohol because of the effect it has on people and it would be a bigger problem with illegal import than weed is right now

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Really, I don't think either should be legal. Here are some negative effects of weed:
    Altered senses
    Dizziness, tiredness, fatigue
    Reduced coordination and balance
    Cognitive impairment (read: marijuana psychological effects)
    Anxiety, panic, paranoia
    Hallucinations
    Mood alterations
    Altered blood pressure, dizziness
    Increased heart rate
    Flushing
    Dry mouth
    Nausea, vomiting
    Tooth discoloration
    Increased appetite
    Skin rash
    Dry eyes
    Blurred vision
    Cough, sore throat

successful trades:
    killingspirit, Zeus, Bubbles, BigNuts, IPhone4S, BurnRed, PooPoo12345, kolec94, Nexon, TJBRocker, xXBrokenBonezXx

Current Games:

MW3, Black Ops 2, TF2

Total money spent buying CA accounts:

200 Dollars

Total money on CA:

755 Dollars

Thanks

They can ingest it or just take Marinol.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidic View Post
    Really, I don't think either should be legal. Here are some negative effects of weed:
    Altered senses
    Dizziness, tiredness, fatigue
    Reduced coordination and balance
    Cognitive impairment (read: marijuana psychological effects)
    Anxiety, panic, paranoia
    Hallucinations
    Mood alterations
    Altered blood pressure, dizziness
    Increased heart rate
    Flushing
    Dry mouth
    Nausea, vomiting
    Tooth discoloration
    Increased appetite
    Skin rash
    Dry eyes
    Blurred vision
    Cough, sore throat
    Now for my rebuttal.
    -Enhanced senses, the cognitive awareness is decreased according to research studies by a mere 0.002%.
    -Subjective. Indica strands cause these symptoms, Setiva does not. It also depends on a persons biological structure.
    -Read aforementioned rebuttal.
    -Read aforementioned rebuttal.
    -Depending on a persons mental state.
    -Psychedelics do not cause Hallucinations.
    -Depending on a persons mental state.
    -Depending on pre-existing cardiovascular ailments.
    -Depending on a persons biological structure.
    -Cotton Mouth is a variable on strain/substrain.
    -Untrue, this only happens when a person ingests too much food whilst high or if te person takes too much smoke in their lungs where they deprive themselves of oxygen.
    -No carcinogens = false
    -Used for medical treatment/can be easily fought by eating healthy snacks.
    -False, this is merely a possible allergic reaction which everyone is allergic to something. If you are allergic to cats are you going to rub your face in ones fur? No.
    -Dependent on sub-strain.
    -Only for specific sub-strains of Indica.
    -Only if you smoke it.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Doc (12-17-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

They can ingest it or just take Marinol.
    If it were to be legalized, would it be regulated like alcohol? (Eg: 21+, DUI, etc.)
    And would the THC damage a developing child's brain?
    Also, the school showed one of those drug free thingy today, and said that marijuana is addictive. Counterargument?
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Well its better than smoking a cigarette, thats for sure. It would take that place too.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast