Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

DarkComet set-up + download [All Versions!!!! Pictures!!]

Things You Will Need:

First of all, you will need to download the latest version of DarkComet from it's official page.
    NOTE: If you download the RAT when your AV is on, it should detect it as a malicious program, which is just a false positive. If you are having doubts that the program is infected, THEN DON'T USE IT.

You may PM me for the download link, and expect it to be in your inbox within 24 - 72 hours maximum. Don't spam me, or else you won't get any download links.

DO NOTE THAT I AM UPLOADING MY OWN COPY OF IT, WHICH I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT IT ISN'T BINDED TO ANYTHING, LIKE MY OWN SERVERS. IF YOU DON'T TRUST THE DOWNLOAD LINKS I WILL GIVE YOU, THEN SIMPLY DON'T DOWNLOAD. IT WILL OBVIOUSLY SHOW UP AS A VIRUS GIVIN WHAT IT IS, AGAIN IF YOU DON"T TRUST ME, DONT DOWNLOAD AND JUST READ THE TUTORIAL AND USE YOUR OWN COPY!!!!

Next thing you will need is to create an account in No-IP, for your DNS (Domain Name Server). Don't worry, it's free.

Lastly, after creating your account, you will need to download the No-IP DUC (Dynamic DNS Update Client).

Okay, so you're one step closer to success.

First Things First

Okay, so now, we will be starting the real setup.

Login to your No-IP account.

After logging in, you should see this 5 icons.

Click the "Add a Host" icon, the one with the red box in the image.
    You should be redirected to this page:

Now, let's do it step-by-step.

In the "Hostname" text field, as I typed, you can type in your preferred host name there, but without spaces or any special characters, just numbers and letters, just for simplicity.

In the Host Type options, just leave the default "DNS Host (A)" option.

Then, the default extension should be "zapto.org" in the drop-down box. You can change it to whatever you like, but I personally recommend you to use .no-ip.biz or .no-ip.info, because in my experiences, some of the extensions causes problems.

In the IP Address, leave it as is, because your IP should be there by default.

As for the other boxes, leave them all by default.

After that, just click on the "Create Host" button at the bottom.

Now, that we're finished with your DNS, let's setup DarkComet itself.

Setting up DarkComet

Now, go to the folder/directory where you downloaded DarkComet. It should be a .rar file, so you should have WinRAR to extract it.
    If you don't have WinRAR, you can download it here:
    WinRAR Official Site

NOTE: Again, if your AV is on, it will detect the contents of the extracted file as malicious programs, so you might wanna turn off your AV.

After extraction, you should get a DarkComet folder. Just navigate through it until you find the DarkComet.exe, which is the main program.
    (NOTE: As for DarkComet v4.2 and below, it should be a black-circled icon with three green squares in it. For DarkComet v5.0, it's a blue comet icon)

After executing it, you should get something like this.

Now, click the "DarkComet-RAT" drop-down button on the upper-left corner of the program, the orange button, and click "Client Settings".

You should come up with something like this one:

(NOTE: The settings in the picture are my personal settings. Hackers like to experiment with stuff (not to mention skids), so just play with it, or follow the text tutorial below)

Now, let's do it again one-by-one.
    In the general settings, leave everything as is, except the "Traffic encryption merge key (password): " text field. Enter your desired password in the text field.
    NOTE: Don't forget the password, you'll need it later for your servers.

If you click the Client Layout tab, it will just bring you to the theme options of the program, so you can just experiment with it by yourself, and set it up according to your taste.

Next important thing is to click the No-IP Updater tab. You should get something like this:

Now, you will need to enter your No-IP host in it's proper textfield.

Next, you will need to enter your No-IP username, which is the e-mail you used to register your No-IP account, together with the password you also used for your account. Check the "Auto update" option, then click on "Update DNS". It should give you a success. If not, refer to the F.A.Q below.

That's pretty much it. The following procedures are just optional because the RAT will still work without it, but I recommend you to do it to avoid having problems. (Yeah, RATs are quite a pain in the ass if you don't know what you're doing)

Next, go to the Manage Users Group tab, and just uncheck the "Active users list groups", then close the window.

Next, go to the Manage Local DB. You should see no logs there, and then click the "Reset database" a few times, and "Refresh Data". Don't worry if nothing comes up, we're just clearing the database of your RAT.

After all of that, give yourself a nod of satisfaction for you just configured your RAT Client. The next part will be port forwarding, which is considered the most difficult part of the process if you don't know what you're doing.

Port Forwarding

Okay, if you have reached this part without troubles, then that's a good job.

Let's move on.

I won't be showing you any pictures here, since router models/brands are different. All you need to do is read carefully.

In port forwarding DarkComet, there are two options:
    - Manual Port Forwarding
    - Automatic Port Forwarding using UPnP

Automatic Port Forwarding using UPnP
    Now, DarkComet has a special feature when it comes to port forwarding. It can automatically forward your ports just by listening to it, and it uses the UPnP (Universal Plug 'n Play) feature of routers. So, for hassle-free port forwarding, we will try this method first.

Go to the Sockets/Net section of DarkComet RAT.
    You will see two portions of the window there, the upper part and and the lower part. The upper part is where you'll listen to your ports. Right click there, and choose "Add port to Listen". A little window should appear with 1604 as default port number. You will also the UPnP option checked at the bottom. Now, a rule in port forwarding, you must use a high numbered port such as 1604, so that you're sure that there would be no conflicts with regards to services that are using the port. Just enter your desired port, or you can immediately listen to port 1604.

NOTE: In port forwarding, you must always turn off all firewalls, including your OS firewall, your AV firewall, your software firewall if there are any, and your router firewall. If you're still concerned about your security, do RATting in a VM.

After that, go to here: Open Port Check Tool, and type in the port you are listening to. Then click "Check". The page will load, and after that scroll down a bit, and if you see something like "Success! I can see your service at (IP Address) on (port number). Your ISP is not blocking your port", than only means you're good to go. If there's an error, refer to the F.A.Q. below the tutorial.

Building your Server

Once you're done with port forwarding and setting up your client, you may now proceed to build your server. The server is the file/application that you'll send/spread to get victims.

To build your server, first open DarkComet, then click the main menu button (for DarkComet v5.0, it's the orange drop down button at the upper left part of DarkComet. If you're using DarkComet v4.2 and lower, click "Create New Server"). After that, select Server Module, and something like this would appear.

Just follow the settings in the picture.
    Click the Generate button several times to create the mutex.
    Also, you can change the Server ID to whatever you want, it will just identify the server.

Let's go to the Network Settings tab.

Again, just follow the settings in the picture, and we're almost finished.

Now, double check each of the following tab:
    - In Module Startup, it should be unchecked. (For crypting purposes, unless crypter settings requires it)
    - In Install Message, it CAN be checked if you like.
    - In Module Shield, all of them CAN be checked if you like, but I don't recommend them, especially if you're going to crypt it.
    - In Keylogger tab, Active offline keylogger should be checked by default. If it isn't, check it.
    - In Host File, it should be blank.
    - In Choose Icon, you can choose any icon you like, but of course, you can do this later.
    - In Add Plug-ins, it should be blank.
    - In File Binder, you can bind files with your server if you like. Binding is the process of combining a file with your server, so that if the slave opens your file, the fake file would open, and make it less suspicious.

Now, in the last tab, which is the Build Module, make sure in Compress Executable, make sure Disabled is checked. After that, you can check the Save profile settings at the bottom for future reference, then you can click the Build Server button. After click, a window would appear, and you'll have to choose where you want to save your server, and what name would you give it.

I helped My Friend post this on another website credits: Me, Ghost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to THE J0KER For This Useful Post:

razzio12 (12-23-2012)

Thanks
    uhhhmmmm can i ask what does this really do before i read that long post?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mikodrent For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by mikodrent View Post
    uhhhmmmm can i ask what does this really do before i read that long post?
    Well, it's a RAT.(Remote Administration Tool,) It basically gives you remote access to whoever opens your server(virus you made.)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2399matt-v2 View Post

Well, it's a RAT.(Remote Administration Tool,) It basically gives you remote access to whoever opens your server(virus you made.)
    hey tnx but i dont know what to do with a rat haha.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Steal others ppl informations about their accounts, etc....
    A centipede! I saw a centipede this big!
    No, wait.. It might have even been thi-s beeeg!

Thanks
    Does DarkComet still work? I installed it but I don't have the server option...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    I already know how to use a RAT but thanks

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by xPROHDx View Post
    I already know how to use a RAT but thanks
    and you already know how to bump :P

---------- Post added at 04:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sebu View Post
    Does DarkComet still work? I installed it but I don't have the server option...
    nice bump and yes just get darkcomet 5.3.1 and it should work

Thanks
    My Mood
    Worried
    daamn what the fuck is wrong with this. i cant get any connections to show up running win7 professional 64

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXLegioN View Post
    daamn what the fuck is wrong with this. i cant get any connections to show up running win7 professional 64
    make sure your ports are opened correctly(no-ip ports or personnel ports depending on how ur hosting it.

its usually a smart idea to use a vpn when running any Rats or botnets