Thread: Gaming PC

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Complixity View Post

Video Card, motherboard, cooling, and possibly a power supply. Sort of building for a PC that is able to live stream.
    Without knowing your CPU, there is no way to select a motherboard, and PSU is dependent on your motherboard. GPU requires us to know the mobo as well.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post

Without knowing your CPU, there is no way to select a motherboard, and PSU is dependent on your motherboard. GPU requires us to know the mobo as well.
    Silly of me. Most likely an AMD since I've had a terrible past with Intel.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Silly of me. Most likely an AMD since I've had a terrible past with Intel.
    Which one specifically, chipset is required.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks

Which one specifically, chipset is required.
    Looking at an i5 right now compared to an i7. Still debating

Thanks

Looking at an i5 right now compared to an i7. Still debating
    Just remember AMD chipsets are not compatible with Intel processors.

If you have a budget such as yours, stick with the Intel and follow Dave's advice on it. The AMD chipset/processor is a good budget item but is honestly only used for serious OC''ing, and with your budget you can do better with Intel and having a stable system over a highly OC'd AMD system. And this is coming from an AMD fanboy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

Implify (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

Just remember AMD chipsets are not compatible with Intel processors.

If you have a budget such as yours, stick with the Intel and follow Dave's advice on it. The AMD chipset/processor is a good budget item but is honestly only used for serious OC''ing, and with your budget you can do better with Intel and having a stable system over a highly OC'd AMD system. And this is coming from an AMD fanboy.
    Good advice. Going with an intel.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Good advice. Going with an intel.
    For $1200 you can get something pretty high end when it comes to power, not sure why you are even considering an i5.

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks

For $1200 you can get something pretty high end when it comes to power, not sure why you are even considering an i5.
    Was discussing it with my friend and he told me I wouldn't need the i7 since the difference is that i7 has hyper-threading and i5 doesn't.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

Was discussing it with my friend and he told me I wouldn't need the i7 since the difference is that i7 has hyper-threading and i5 doesn't.
    You want live streaming + gaming, an i7 will serve you better. If you are doing any sort of recording and encoding in the future an i7 will serve you better. A 3770/K is about $80-90 more than it's respective 3570/K but if you're doing any kind of video work (which a lot of live streamers do) that hyper-threading will come in handy. Of course it's up to you. That $80-90 could go towards a caching SSD or a larger primary SSD or to something else.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

Implify (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

You want live streaming + gaming, an i7 will serve you better. If you are doing any sort of recording and encoding in the future an i7 will serve you better. A 3770/K is about $80-90 more than it's respective 3570/K but if you're doing any kind of video work (which a lot of live streamers do) that hyper-threading will come in handy. Of course it's up to you. That $80-90 could go towards a caching SSD or a larger primary SSD or to something else.
    Now that, I'll take into consideration. I've got time to see if I should buy an i7 instead of an i5. Thanks again.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

Now that, I'll take into consideration. I've got time to see if I should buy an i7 instead of an i5. Thanks again.
    I'm not saying you should go for an i7, just have a look online and look at the areas in which the i7 excels at and see if you think you'd see yourself using the i7 to it's fullest.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

I'm not saying you should go for an i7, just have a look online and look at the areas in which the i7 excels at and see if you think you'd see yourself using the i7 to it's fullest.
    I know of that, but the only difference that I'll usually see it in is just rendering. Just depends.

Thanks

I know of that, but the only difference that I'll usually see it in is just rendering. Just depends.
    Second gen+ Hyper Threading on the i7 is a bit different. With the first generation HT actually had a small amount of negative feedback forcing the CPU to become too hot, and the switch from HT to non-HT was very noticeable. Second generation + fixed these issues, where the HT is actually turned off by default, and only kicks in when you use something (such as audio encoding, video rendering, graphics rendering, etc) that needs the extra kick. The i7 is basically an i5 with the added feature of being able to render crap much more efficiently and faster. Still worth it IMO.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

Second gen+ Hyper Threading on the i7 is a bit different. With the first generation HT actually had a small amount of negative feedback forcing the CPU to become too hot, and the switch from HT to non-HT was very noticeable. Second generation + fixed these issues, where the HT is actually turned off by default, and only kicks in when you use something (such as audio encoding, video rendering, graphics rendering, etc) that needs the extra kick. The i7 is basically an i5 with the added feature of being able to render crap much more efficiently and faster. Still worth it IMO.
    Which is why I'm still going to take my time. I've got until summer to decide all my parts.

Thanks

Which is why I'm still going to take my time. I've got until summer to decide all my parts.
    By then you will have new hardware to consider as well. Just remember that, the newer stuff will be intoxicating but at a much steeper price. This is why I prefer AMD. I pay an i5 price but I can set up my hardware to i7 specifications (excluding hyper threading, but with 8 cores and 32 gb of RAM I should not need to worry).

Hell if you have enough money, take a look into Xeon processors.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast