Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

New case, need a few ideas for it

CM Storm Stryker

I have already ordered the Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7.

I am ordering the AMD FX-8350 processor next paycheck (friday).

What I currently need is a soundcard (Auzentech or better, no soundblaster bullshit), 2 TB 7200 HDD, 500 GB SSD, 32 GB RAM over 4 slots, an AMD GFX card (i'm going to get two and CrossfireX them together), a PSU (1000w+), and a USB 3.0 PCIe Expansion card.

Suggestions on the last bit? Give me the best of the best, this build is going to be a piece by piece build.

Don't tell me "get an i7 bro itz betterz" because I'm not spending a fucking 1,000 bucks on a good i7. Also, my MOBO is not compatible with Intel chips anyway, so fuck that. I'm happy getting the FX-8350 Piledriver.

Also, I need help with a custom loop Liquid Cooling System. I need the absolute best of the best when it comes to parts. This rig needs to run OC'd at 5.4 completely silent.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

HalfBajan (01-08-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    CM Storm Stryker

I have already ordered the Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7.

I am ordering the AMD FX-8350 processor next paycheck (friday).

What I currently need is a soundcard (Auzentech or better, no soundblaster bullshit), 2 TB 7200 HDD, 500 GB SSD, 32 GB RAM over 4 slots, an AMD GFX card (i'm going to get two and CrossfireX them together), a PSU (1000w+), and a USB 3.0 PCIe Expansion card.

Suggestions on the last bit? Give me the best of the best, this build is going to be a piece by piece build.

Don't tell me "get an i7 bro itz betterz" because I'm not spending a fucking 1,000 bucks on a good i7. Also, my MOBO is not compatible with Intel chips anyway, so fuck that. I'm happy getting the FX-8350 Piledriver.

Also, I need help with a custom loop Liquid Cooling System. I need the absolute best of the best when it comes to parts. This rig needs to run OC'd at 5.4 completely silent.
    AMD, can't help you on the gfx card.

Idk much about the new sound cards, I have a X-Fi titanium that I got for like $30. Auzentech seems like old outdated tech. Not sure how good Asus is but they are kinda pricey: Amazon.com: ASUS PCI-Express x1 Sound Card XONAR ESSENCE STX/90-YAA0C0-0UAN00Z: Electronics

You aren't going to get a 512GB ssd for cheap. Expect to pay 500+, you would be better off with several SSDS in raid-10 for performance + redundancy or two 256s in raid-0 with a backup drive.

Also, a good intel processor is sub $300.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post

AMD, can't help you on the gfx card.

Idk much about the new sound cards, I have a X-Fi titanium that I got for like $30. Auzentech seems like old outdated tech. Not sure how good Asus is but they are kinda pricey: Amazon.com: ASUS PCI-Express x1 Sound Card XONAR ESSENCE STX/90-YAA0C0-0UAN00Z: Electronics

You aren't going to get a 512GB ssd for cheap. Expect to pay 500+, you would be better off with several SSDS in raid-10 for performance + redundancy or two 256s in raid-0 with a backup drive.

Also, a good intel processor is sub $300.
    I'm thinking of actually going with an M-Audio Audio Interface over the SoundCard now, Auzentech used to have the best high-tier lower studio grade cards but they've been having some issues with static lately. I'll have to look into that Titanium. I like the Xonar cards but I'm looking for something a bit higher tier.

I'm probably going to CrossfireX two 7970's either way, unless AMD randomly comes out with something better without notice (doubt it).

Very true, I might just grab a 256 GB for Pro Tools, Reaper, Ableton Live 8, and Windows 7.

As for the processor I am sticking with my 8350, only 220 and I already grabbed the 990FX AMD chipset Gigabyte Mobo.

Any ideas for liquid cooling? I know I want the custom loop for the dual GPU's but I am a complete newbie when it comes to liquid cooling, though I need it to keep my system quite whilst making music (my audio equipment is very sensitive).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I want to build a custom case next time I upgrade, I think it would be fun. Anyways, I got this RAM: Amazon.com: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory F3-10666CL9Q-32GBXL: Computers & Accessories might be slightly different numbers, but overall can't complain, I don't micromanage every stat.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    I want to build a custom case next time I upgrade, I think it would be fun. Anyways, I got this RAM: Amazon.com: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory F3-10666CL9Q-32GBXL: Computers & Accessories might be slightly different numbers, but overall can't complain, I don't micromanage every stat.
    That's exactly the same RAM I was looking at actually. I'm going to build a custom case for my next computer, I want to do a full frosted Acrylic model with a graphic equalizer PIC chipset connected to my audio to make the case an equalizer light show. I was even thinking of setting it up so I could fill it with mineral oil (keeping the HDD in its own compartment above) so it would be completely silent. Definitely look into frosted Acrylic though, I'm going to do the same with the side window on my Stryker with CCFL's. I rice everything from my car to my computer.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Dude! Thats my dream case other than the Corsair 600D. For sound card its not necessary and I would get a Nividia card :P and get them SLI'd
    Resource Team: Feb/5/2012 - May/5/2012
    Middleman: April/25/2012 - September/16/12

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Dude! Thats my dream case other than the Corsair 600D. For sound card its not necessary and I would get a Nividia card :P and get them SLI'd
    I'm using it primarily for audio, I've been an EDM artist for years but I finally decided to go with a studio grade system. As for the NVidia, you're talking to an AMD fanboy The case is awesome, weighs about 90 pounds, has a filter for the top fans that you can clean off, liquid cooling support, XL-ATX board support, 10 expansion disc slots, fan controller, and more

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy

I'm using it primarily for audio, I've been an EDM artist for years but I finally decided to go with a studio grade system. As for the NVidia, you're talking to an AMD fanboy The case is awesome, weighs about 90 pounds, has a filter for the top fans that you can clean off, liquid cooling support, XL-ATX board support, 10 expansion disc slots, fan controller, and more
    Yea for my next build I was going to use the case.
    I was an AMD fanboy as well. But once I made my first switch (4 months ago) I was impressed.

Thanks

Yea for my next build I was going to use the case.
    I was an AMD fanboy as well. But once I made my first switch (4 months ago) I was impressed.
    I've had most of the high end processors (i7, Xeon, fx-8150, etc) and I can never be an Intel fan. It's just so much nicer seeing your 4.0 Ghz processor go to 5.6+ clocks with AMD, my Intel Xeon processor burned out when I attempted to OC it (which pissed me off because I paid a premium for it). All of my Intel chips have burned out, so I hate Intel. My Nvidia 650 crapped out too after playing Crysis 2, whereas my 6550 lasted OC'd (until I attempted serious CGI rendering) far past it for half the price. AMD makes quality hardware for cheaper, Intel stock is great but I'm really not a stock person.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy

I've had most of the high end processors (i7, Xeon, fx-8150, etc) and I can never be an Intel fan. It's just so much nicer seeing your 4.0 Ghz processor go to 5.6+ clocks with AMD, my Intel Xeon processor burned out when I attempted to OC it (which pissed me off because I paid a premium for it). All of my Intel chips have burned out, so I hate Intel. My Nvidia 650 crapped out too after playing Crysis 2, whereas my 6550 lasted OC'd (until I attempted serious CGI rendering) far past it for half the price. AMD makes quality hardware for cheaper, Intel stock is great but I'm really not a stock person.
    Nice Im a stock guy. Never risked Oc :P

Im using a AMD FX-6100 its not bad and a GTX 560 ti

Thanks

Nice Im a stock guy. Never risked Oc :P

Im using a AMD FX-6100 its not bad and a GTX 560 ti
    Ahh the Bulldozer series, now that's one series I can't stand by AMD the new Piledrivers are a helluva lot better.

Thanks
    Alright, do I've decided to go with the M-Audio Profire 2626 as my Audio Interface rather than using a built in sound card.

I just need suggestions for the custom loop liquid cooling system.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Alright, do I've decided to go with the M-Audio Profire 2626 as my Audio Interface rather than using a built in sound card.

I just need suggestions for the custom loop liquid cooling system.
    NewEgg afaik has no real custom liquid cooling, you are going to have to search elsewhere like amazon: Amazon.com: liquid cooling

As for brand and what not, I have an old liquid cooling system that I've had for like 6 years and still works fine - gotta find the name though.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post

NewEgg afaik has no real custom liquid cooling, you are going to have to search elsewhere like amazon: Amazon.com: liquid cooling

As for brand and what not, I have an old liquid cooling system that I've had for like 6 years and still works fine - gotta find the name though.
    Awesome that would be appreciated. I want to have the system running on my GPU as well as my CPU, I wish there were more articles online for custom loop but all of the good ones are extremely outdated. It's a bit bothersome. Appreciate the help Davey boy.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    dabe is so good at leeching amazon shits

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast