Never successfully studied once in my life. I tried a couple of times (Freshman Year Honors Bio)...actually had negative effect. All my life I've been told by my mom that I'm gonna need to study when I get to middle school...high school...when I take AP Courses...and now when I get to college. I'm currently a Junior in high school. The only thing I've 'studied' for was the SAT and still am currently. And it's not really even studying. Just going through the practice questions and/or practice tests.

Is it possible that I won't really have to study in college? I know that its significantly harder with the amount of material needed to read/learn in the amount of time give...

Also, I speed read. Close to the level but not nearly as fast as Matt Damon's character in Good Will Hunting...but it's become quite a nuisance. I can't read at normal pace in my head anymore...And I have to be in the right mindset to be able to read and retain at that speed (It really only applies to books or passages). I can't read out loud and understand/retain it either. I first started noticing this problem during Summer last year when I had to read a choice novel for AP English. Is the more of a disadvantage than it is an advantage? How can I maintain both style of reading? Or is it one of those "One or the other" situations?