Thread: Dumping Engine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltine View Post

Let me pose an equivalent question to you, good sir. What is the difference between installing Microsoft Word and Combat Arms?
    Different softwares... one is a game and the other is a document creator...

why are you trying to make yourself look good by flaming a question? does it make you feel good? do you have that small of an ego? grow up okay?

p.s> never mind, my question is pointless, i already figured it out.
    Last edited by jangan; 01-24-2013 at 05:38 AM.
    Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
    Thomas A. Edison
    Favorite Language: C#
    Best @ Language: PhP
    Worst @ Language: C++

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jangan View Post
    Different softwares... one is a game and the other is a document creator...

why are you trying to make yourself look good by flaming a question? does it make you feel good? do you have that small of an ego? grow up okay?

p.s> never mind, my question is pointless, i already figured it out.
    No, I'm just pointing out that you need to think logically before you ask a question. Engine and CShell are two entirely separate entities, and thus dumping each of them is entirely different.

Oh no! Vortex is gay!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by ctpsolo View Post
    That's what I was saying. When it did dump, it didn't fix the dump, I got memory allocation errors. If it works for other people fine but I provided an alternative way now and maybe it comes in handy to someone else in the same situation. When I tried to ask for help all I got was answers like "you're stupid, use PE tools". Well I'm not dumb enough not to know how to use a simple tool, it simply didn't make proper dumps that IDA would touch
    lol when you use PE Tools to dump you do not have to use any kind of Dump fix as PE tools generated proper dumps. derp ass neguh if you think you have to fix every dump you make with different programs then stop being and skid and see how the actual program works. this is the steps for derps.

1) suspend engine by renaming hackshield folder or use a messagebox.
    2) Select process with PE Tools ( or desired memory dumper )
    3) if dumped with PE tools Load straight up on IDA. (if the shitty dumper your using doesn't generate proper dumps use the fix.)

p.s if you use FIX on a proper dump it will corrupt it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by ZysorceN View Post
    lol when you use PE Tools to dump you do not have to use any kind of Dump fix as PE tools generated proper dumps. derp ass neguh if you think you have to fix every dump you make with different programs then stop being and skid and see how the actual program works. this is the steps for derps.

1) suspend engine by renaming hackshield folder or use a messagebox.
    2) Select process with PE Tools ( or desired memory dumper )
    3) if dumped with PE tools Load straight up on IDA. (if the shitty dumper your using doesn't generate proper dumps use the fix.)

p.s if you use FIX on a proper dump it will corrupt it.
    I'm not sure what it is you don't understand. It didn't make a proper dump, it would either crash upon dumping or the dump would be corrupt (wouldn't load properly in IDA) and I would get error messages. I never used the dumpfix manually on those dumps and neither did I state here that I did. Don't want to clog down this thread but I'll be damned if I'm gonna have someone making stupid assumptions and calling me a skid.
    Last edited by ctpsolo; 01-24-2013 at 05:36 PM.
    They're out ta get me!

Persistence is an art in itself. Let them slam each door in your face, even reject the whole definition of who you are. There will be a day when they come knocking on your door instead.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    I'm not sure what it is you don't understand. It didn't make a proper dump, it would either crash upon dumping or the dump would be corrupt (wouldn't load properly in IDA) and I would get error messages. I never used the dumpfix manually on those dumps and neither did I state here that I did. Don't want to clog down this thread but I'll be damned if I'm gonna have someone making stupid assumptions and calling me a skid.
    you did said that even after fixing the dump it would stil be corrupt lmfao i personally use this method as you can tell he picked up this method from me and i USE Petools and i can load up Engine dump on ida perfectly. maybe you are doing something wrong

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ZysorceN For This Useful Post:

Acea (01-24-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    That's what I was saying. When it did dump, it didn't fix the dump, I got memory allocation errors. If it works for other people fine but I provided an alternative way now and maybe it comes in handy to someone else in the same situation. When I tried to ask for help all I got was answers like "you're stupid, use PE tools". Well I'm not dumb enough not to know how to use a simple tool, it simply didn't make proper dumps that IDA would touch
    Use PE Tools XMAS edition, and don't dump fix it...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    cool tut from necro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12