Thread: Way To Allah

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Thanks
    we're all entitled to our opinions :| so you don't believe in god? good for you. your faith is Islam? good for you. You're Jewish? good for you. You like xmas and teh baby J? good for you. now stop being childish and get along.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mastasnip3 View Post
    I will not support my theory of god not existing because all of you cannot support your theory of god existing.

And I didnt come here to debate about the existance of god.
    Existence*

That's what the entire debate is about now douchebag

This is your first post on this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by mastasnip3 View Post
    Stop being poestical. Religion is made up and CAN BE PROVEN WRONG WITH COMMON SENSE.
    So, I'll ask again, moron. Why the hell did you post in here in the first place?

Thanks
    this is why I hate discussions about religion. you can't prove a god exists and you can't prove a god doesn't exist because the only proof you have is multi-thousand years old (for both sides). either way religion on a massive scale is fail. Crusades, WW2 Genocide, and 9/11 are all examples of how religion on a massive scale is not good.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phe0n1x View Post
    Crusades, WW2 Genocide, and 9/11 are all examples of how religion on a massive scale is not good.
    Based on religion, but that is not all of it. It isn't religion on a massive scale, it's aggression on a massive scale in which the driving force is religious belief. Sure, terrorists may say "Allah Ahmad" before they kill themselves, but only because 80-90% of Muslims are very devoted and believe every word of the Qur'an. All they are saying is Praise the Lord. Any believer, mainly Christians say the same thing. And I realize I made a generalization by saying terrorists and Muslim in the same sentence. Yes, most terrorists are of middle-eastern descent, but there are homegrown terrorists as well. People who don't agree with their government or the laws and conform to anarchy. We've all heard of it, it just doesn't compare to terrorism when it comes to seriousness.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sharmar1 View Post
    islam is for terrorists
    religion is for noobs
    hacks are for pimps
    You're a fucking moron.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ace76543 For This Useful Post:

Tom_4th_account (02-20-2008)

Thanks
    perhaps, but it is my personal belief that religion on a large scale is detrimental to the world. It causes strife between countries and sometimes neighbors. (just look at the middle east....WW2's lines screwed that up as well, but they were fighting long before that). I don't mean religion is bad, it's the driving force behind many good and helpful organizations, governments, and people. But what do you think controlled the world during the middle ages? Religion. Pope manipulated governments to do what they wanted else risk the wrath of the Pope and have your country excommunicated. :| dumb. Personally, I'm not very pious. I detest going to church because of lack of attention span and because I believe that helping others is more helpful to the community and the world than sitting in church for hours on end (<-- generalizing time spent in church) praying to a being who may or may not listen to your prayers. But that's just me. :|

EDIT: grammar change. thanks Junior
    Last edited by Phe0n1x; 02-21-2008 at 12:28 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phe0n1x For This Useful Post:

Mexiforce (02-20-2008),Tom_4th_account (02-21-2008)

Thanks
    Very well said.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phe0n1x View Post
    perhaps, but it is my personal belief that religion on a large scale is detrimental to the world. It causes strife between countries and sometimes neighbors. (just look at the middle east....WW2's lines screwed that up as well, but they were fighting long before that). I don't mean religion is bad, it's the driving force behind many good and helpful organizations, governments, and people. But who do you think controlled the world during the middle ages? Religion. Pope manipulated governments to do what they wanted else risk the wrath of the Pope and have your country excommunicated. :| dumb. Personally, I'm not very pious. I detest going to church because of lack of attention span and because I believe that helping others is more helpful to the community and the world than sitting in church for hours on end (<-- generalizing time spent in church) praying to a being who may or may not listen to your prayers. But that's just me. :|
    What not who, but yes, I agree with Ace. Very well said.

Thanks
    This website isn't the way to recruit, try the suicide hotline.

L̛̝o̫̦̪̜y̺͓̞͖͟a̱͠l̷͖͎t̖̖y ̺͖̟ͅ
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Crytical View Post
    With all due respect, your facts are incomplete. Find reliable Biography's and Quotes not random Google.com results that will say anything they want to support their belief. I went through school and government sites for real FAQs. (.EDU and .GOV)

Einstein

Raising
    Einstein was RAISED a Jew. In his teenage years he rejected CONVENTIONAL DOGMATIC RELIGION. He ALWAYS believed God and quoted in reference to him ALL his life.

Scientific Philosiphy

Faith was Einsteins' leading philosiphy to Science even : "Looking beyond the black and white to Progress." "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind." "What humanity owes to personalities like Buddha, Moses, and Jesus ranks for me higher than all the achievements of the inquiring and constructive mind."

God references

"It is best, it seems to me, to separate one's inner striving from one's trade as far as possible. It is not good when one's daily break is tied to God's special blessing."

"God does not play with dice"

Summary

Me and Einstein agree on God almost similary: He does not punish his creations on Earth. He will offer miracles. He is the foundation of Science. He leaves everything up to us. Have Joy towards God not fear. God's relationship to us is personal.

Einstein is an immence believer in the Judea God and opposes conformed, dogmatic religion, alone. He believes Science is useless without Religion (Which in fact is it's source of Creation)

He was one of the greatest scientists to exist. And revolutionized the World (Nuclear Weapon cough). So i'm simply defending what he actually believed. Not trying to say anything else. Just that maybe he's right...

Reference:

Einstein Quotes About God (notice .EDU)

I closed the other reference already, heh...

- - -

Conclusion: You don't have to agree with me or Einstien. But these are common facts we sure about his beliefs as documented over and over and over and recorded as educational, and governmented, facts.

- - -

And masta, if you have any oppinion you must have reasonings and support, or your oppinion is blind ignorance. Tom is correct, over you.
    1. your gay
    2. nobody cares about einstein..also,there is NO SUCH THING AS GOD!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    1. You wish
    2. No one un-intellectual*
    2.5 -> Proof? ^^ I win!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by s34d0g View Post
    2. nobody cares about einstein..also,there is NO SUCH THING AS GOD!
    your proof? I only see a statement and nothing to back it up. Prove god doesn't exist then. There really is no recent proof that he exists or not...just documents from thousands of years ago. I'm not debating whether God exists, I believe he exists somewhere, therefore he does. As long as one person believes in a God, he/she/it exists. You might not follow that faith, but the god does exist if someone believes. That might sound childish, but that's how religion is portrayed in my mind.

Since we are straying to personal philosophies, I am a non-denominational Christian but I most closely relate myself to Deism, more along the Constructive branch. I believe that a god, in my case God, exists but like a clock maker, created the world, universe, etc, and now that God has made it to what He wants it to be, has left it to run on it's own. Perhaps interfering every once in a while for a "tune up". I however, am not a true deist because I don't believe in everything they do. ("Rejection of all religions based on books that claim to contain the revealed word of God." -- not too keen on that one). I like reason and logic, perhaps that's why I most closely relate myself to them.

Thanks
    I don't see whats wrong with just living life. I don't care where i came from, i'm just here and thats that. when i die, im dead. Nothing fancy. Just sleeping for eternity and never waking up.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    More like never be able to think and rot for ever in the ground after you die from excruciating pain lol.

Thanks
    lol xD what type of "pain"? ;P

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast