Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Come on now Scott, the mainstream media? That is verbatim their argument as well.

The Colorado Theater shooting took place do to the attackers mother having the weapon. He also had too much equipment than he could possibly have had. Some equipment was military grade unavailable to citizens, he had an accomplice. On top of which he also had been out of work for six months, yet could still afford his bills, rent, and the 30 grand of equipment he used to booby trap his apartment and attack the people of the Theater with.

Not just anyone can own a gun, there are many regulations in affect. The governments outlook on the situation is similar to Adolf Hitlers when Hitler banned weapons from the public. Enhanced registration and weapon tracking, used the children as a scapegoat, and then removed the weapons from every house. Right now Obama has used the first two tactics, when they eventually go through, the third will be put into play.

Enhanced psychiatric evaluations are good, however government mandates will deny the majority of the common people even the smallest firearm, keeping less weapons from hitting the mainstream public circulation.

Now let's take a look at the other shootings. Not a single one was caused with a weapon under the person using it's name, all of which were either unlicensed, or stolen. Now let's look at the trafficking aspect. An AK-47 on the black market in the US is a mere 500$ give or take. That's chump change to drug traffickers and cartels. More than half a million firearms are stolen in the US per year. Estimate this with the last ten years and you have five million firearms stolen that are now circulating on the black market. Now factor in the amount that are confiscated, and the amount for the last fifty years. Your figures will be around the thirty to fifty million mark. That's thirty to fifty million firearms unaccountable in the US, that are available to criminals.

According to the ATF, one percent of the licensed firearms dealers are accountable for sixty percent of the weapons on the black market. If thirty to fifty million is a mere forty percent, we are looking at fourty five to sixty five firearms from this one percent. We now have over one hundred and ten million firearms on the black market, available to criminals.

Nearly a quarter of the ATF's gun trafficking investigations involve weapons stolen, and a mere ten percent of that is from peoples residences. What does this mean? Colonels and higher up in the military are involved, who will not be affected by the gun control laws.

In 2001, an estimated 40% of the firearms dealt in the US were from unlicensed vendors. That was twelve years ago.

And you honestly think stricter gun control on those who legally obtain the firearms will do anything whatsoever? No, it will not, actually it is all a bullshit ploy that is to keep the average citizen in check.
    I hate violence in general, stricter laws will still stop people, even if it doesn't stop most of them. A lot of criminals aren't these big masterminds that will be able to go that far, I'm talking about the dumb recknecks that will shoot someone out of blind rage, with no planning at all. Oh, there have been shootings in the past where guns were legally obtained, look at the Columbine school shooting, they bought those guns legally, off of the internet, AND they had it DELIVERED to their house. Even if they used their mother's name, that's still bullshit. You should NOT be able to obtain a gun that easy. Like I said, I don't think they should be taken away, if someone REALLY seeks to carry a weapon that damn badly, they should be able to. But it shouldn't be as easy as walking into a store and buying a pack of gum.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    I hate violence in general, stricter laws will still stop people, even if it doesn't stop most of them. A lot of criminals aren't these big masterminds that will be able to go that far, I'm talking about the dumb recknecks that will shoot someone out of blind rage, with no planning at all. Oh, there have been shootings in the past where guns were legally obtained, look at the Columbine school shooting, they bought those guns legally, off of the internet, AND they had it DELIVERED to their house. Even if they used their mother's name, that's still bullshit. You should NOT be able to obtain a gun that easy. Like I said, I don't think they should be taken away, if someone REALLY seeks to carry a weapon that damn badly, they should be able to. But it shouldn't be as easy as walking into a store and buying a pack of gum.
    The Columbine shooters were not of age to buy any type of firearm. They were purchased by one of the shooters girlfriends. The weapons were obtained at a gun show, the same gun show has been in the midst of controversy because an undercover agent purchased an SKS assault rifle with a twenty round clip for two hundred bucks without any request for license or background check. They purchased another weapon from a pizza shop employee for five hundred bucks. Nowhere was it every mentioned they purchased a weapon online in any records of the shooting. All of the actions were illegal.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Not much you can do about shootings besides having security in the area to prevent ideal targeted areas.
    If someone really wanted to buy a gun, they can get it.
    If someone really wanted to cause mass murder, it can be done.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Switzerland also has programs that allow those with heroin addictions to get treatment in proper facilities
    Same in Canada, they started doing that in BC awhile ago.

The problem with America and the 2nd amendment is it was made after the founding of the American union, after all, congress offered George Washington a lifetime Presidency. The 2nd amendment was a safeguard against tyranny. Now, with the upcoming 30 thousand drones above the united states I doubt an AR-15 will help a citizen defend against a totalitarian government.

VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    The problem with America and the 2nd amendment is it was made after the founding of the American union, after all, congress offered George Washington a lifetime Presidency. The 2nd amendment was a safeguard against tyranny. Now, with the upcoming 30 thousand drones above the united states I doubt an AR-15 will help a citizen defend against a totalitarian government.
    President Jefferson's words ring loud and true
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post

Same in Canada, they started doing that in BC awhile ago.

The only possible way for the citizens to win is to have an entirely separate military FOR the citizens in operation creating weaponry even superior than the United States. But the funding it would cost..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    The only possible way for the citizens to win is to have an entirely separate military FOR the citizens in operation creating weaponry even superior than the United States. But the funding it would cost..
    Improvised weapons
    Anarchist cookbook GO!
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    Well, an armed guard just stopped a school shooting in Georgia. Funny no major media source covered that.
    Last edited by Khangirey; 02-03-2013 at 02:12 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123