Introducing MPGH's AIGA. The latest advancement in artificial intelligence. Click here now to learn more!
    Thanks

Help with hacking Warframe

So, if you haven't heard of warframe, it's a co-op Third person shooter reminiscent of Mass Effect, and it looks fucking amazing. Website for it here:
    https://warframe.com/
    Game is in CBT, but keys are so abundant it's ridiculous. Seriously, if you go on the website, in the news section, it's filled with ways to gets keys. I got mine by simply creating an ign account from the website and they gave me a key

Been playing it for a while, but just decided to try hacking it today.

I'm not exactly asking for someone to hack it and release something, I'm instead asking for anyone to share any breakthroughs they have.

What I've tried so far is using CE to change the credits, which does work to some extent. The *gain credit* sound plays and visually, the credits appear, but the server doesn't register. I tried changing the value of an item in the market to 1, but said I had insufficient funds. I honestly didn't think using CE like that would work anyway.

SO next, I tried using a Packet editor. I didn't notice any security programs opening up, so I didn't think there'd be a problem, but wPE won't see the game is there at all, and rPE won't inject the dll.

So, from here, I simply have no idea what to do. I'll look into anything else, but any help would be appreciated.
    Even if you don't intend to hack it, try the game out. It's pretty fun.
    Remember that time stuff happened? That was some great stuff.

[IMG]https://www.anime-plane*****m/images/users/signatures/Sorox.jpg[/IMG]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sorox For This Useful Post:

grimreaper1 (04-20-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Had any progress? I got 5 keys...
    It's ridiculous. Clear your history and your cache and you can get another code. So easy. The codes in stock go beyond 9287 keys at mmorpg.com LOL
    Anyway, I've tried but I don't think it will work. Small developers shouldn't really care, but I think the data is server sided.

Thanks
    I feel like there should be a way to edit anything when hosting a game, since the games are hosted p2p. I tried editing hp though and I couldnt get it to work. Found one double and two float values, but no luck with that. My memory editing knowledge isnt very advanced though

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorox View Post
    So, if you haven't heard of warframe, it's a co-op Third person shooter reminiscent of Mass Effect, and it looks fucking amazing. Website for it here:
    Game is in CBT, but keys are so abundant it's ridiculous. Seriously, if you go on the website, in the news section, it's filled with ways to gets keys. I got mine by simply creating an ign account from the website and they gave me a key

I'm not exactly asking for someone to hack it and release something, I'm instead asking for anyone to share any breakthroughs they have.

What I've tried so far is using CE to change the credits, which does work to some extent. The *gain credit* sound plays and visually, the credits appear, but the server doesn't register. I tried changing the value of an item in the market to 1, but said I had insufficient funds. I honestly didn't think using CE like that would work anyway.

SO next, I tried using a Packet editor. I didn't notice any security programs opening up, so I didn't think there'd be a problem, but wPE won't see the game is there at all, and rPE won't inject the dll.

So, from here, I simply have no idea what to do. I'll look into anything else, but any help would be appreciated.
    2 patches ago in single player..you could hack HP, Credits, ammo..pretty much everything..but I'm pretty sure they found out and made everything serversided.

All you had to do was use cheatengine, and search for 2 bytes..and shoot your gun a few times and you had 2 addresses...1 you froze and it worked..the other was just showing the count..now im sure there's a way to do it again..but that's far beyond my knowledge. Of course..I did that same thing with all that I did..everything was stored under 2 byte search...

now if you go ahead and get the ammo pointer..I'm sure you could do it again for infinite ammo..but I don't know how to do that..sorry mate.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wingsltd View Post
    2 patches ago in single player..you could hack HP, Credits, ammo..pretty much everything..but I'm pretty sure they found out and made everything serversided.

All you had to do was use cheatengine, and search for 2 bytes..and shoot your gun a few times and you had 2 addresses...1 you froze and it worked..the other was just showing the count..now im sure there's a way to do it again..but that's far beyond my knowledge. Of course..I did that same thing with all that I did..everything was stored under 2 byte search...

now if you go ahead and get the ammo pointer..I'm sure you could do it again for infinite ammo..but I don't know how to do that..sorry mate.
    Doubt the solo thing is server sided, i disabled my internet while playing a solo game yesterday, Didnt dc. i then activated my internet again at the end of the match and got xp and credits for the whole mission

Thanks
    I was able to open the warframe process with WPE, i only had to run the game in 32-bit mode... keep me updated

Thanks
    Food for thought. If during solo mission its all on your machine and it sends stats at the end.. You could figure out how the stat sending mechanism works and "complete" a lot missions and happen to pick up some sweet loot. It'd take a great deal of work, but the results would be quite lucrative.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Everything I try to do in this game seems to never work. I actually think I found the fire rate address for the Lex and when I chanegd it, it worked, but was really wierd. I then proceeded to close everything and didn't realize that the addresses change when you restart the game. Took me days to find that and it was probably really lucky. Now i'm pissed and I won't even bother anymore.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeracks View Post
    Everything I try to do in this game seems to never work. I actually think I found the fire rate address for the Lex and when I chanegd it, it worked, but was really wierd. I then proceeded to close everything and didn't realize that the addresses change when you restart the game. Took me days to find that and it was probably really lucky. Now i'm pissed and I won't even bother anymore.
    I see what you mean, it is so hard to put a lot of work into something and then see it fail. For a client side game they have made a very good job of protecting it from hacking :-)

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sorox View Post

Are you still up to hacking it?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    My speed hack works using CE but can't seem to get the ammo or energy to work i found out Stamina but its Pointless so yea lol