Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Pretty pricey, I'd get two video cards and sli them.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    A single more powerful graphics card is better than to get two less powerful cards.

Get the 7970. It's a bawler of a card.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengali View Post
    A single more powerful graphics card is better than to get two less powerful cards.

Get the 7970. It's a bawler of a card.
    Except when the two less powerful cards perform better than one powerful card. It happens quite often.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Nah now i see
    I got a bigger bugit
    Muhahahaha
    Im getting 2 asus areies 2 wgen they come out and crossfire them

Beware of imposters, only add me using this button.
    [img]https://**********.com/addskype.png?u=segerydrth&c=rand[/img]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TEAMKILLER View Post
    Nvidia is better as a company, and i even use a GTX 680. But i would go for the Matrix because its cheaper, looks better and you can OC it better.

Or you go for Nvidia and wont havy any problems.
    >Implying that a better looking card will perform better

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartview View Post
    Except when the two less powerful cards perform better than one powerful card. It happens quite often.
    Well, duh. That wasn't my point.

Getting two less powerful cards limits your upgrade path. And two cards sometime can cause problems due to driver issues. Getting one powerful card is still the best way to go.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Well, duh. That wasn't my point.

Getting two less powerful cards limits your upgrade path. And two cards sometime can cause problems due to driver issues. Getting one powerful card is still the best way to go.
    It doesn't really limit your upgrade path. When people by a single card they usually justify it by saying I can just get a 2nd of the same card later when it shows its age. But that doesn't happen ever because A) The card is no longer in production and B) Because there is a new card that out performs 2 of your card. So either you get a single card or multiple cards, by the time you need to upgrade you're going to replace the whole lot anyways.

Future-proofing is by and large a falsehood.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by segerydrth View Post
    Nah now i see
    I got a bigger bugit
    Muhahahaha
    Im getting 2 asus areies 2 wgen they come out and crossfire them
    I highly doubt you have $2500 AUD to get two of these "Ares 2" cards.
    Also, it's impossible to CF an Ares 2 due to it being water cooled, you can't fit two rear exhaust radiators.
    You'd also need a 1200watt PSU to CF an Ares2, that's a lot of money for a PC that will become obsolete in a few years.

I just took back my 7970 Matrix Platinum because it had faulty memory, would not overclock and artifacted.
    Also, you can't use msi afterburner with the matrix. GPU Tweak is the only software that will edit the voltage on the card.

Considering the fact your grammar is poor and you like anime (not a dig at you in any way) i am going to assume you are between the ages of 10-15 and therefore don't have the actual money to buy a high end card.

Answering your thread honestly though, your best bet is to get the 7970 Ghz Edition GPU. The Sapphire 7970 OC with boost.
    Sapphire Radeon HD7970 3GB OC Edition with Boost [SA-7970-3GD5-OC-V2] - $429.00 : PC Case Gear

The 680 was faster than the original 7970 when it came out, but AMD released a upgraded version of the 7970 called the "GHz Edition" which has a higher standard core clock. (1ghz)

Since the AMD Catalyst 12.11 beta drivers all AMD cards have boosted performance, and the 7970Ghz Edition now performs on par, if not better than the gtx 680.
    Last edited by Genesis; 01-29-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Redux View Post

I highly doubt you have $2500 AUD to get two of these "Ares 2" cards.
    Also, it's impossible to CF an Ares 2 due to it being water cooled, you can't fit two rear exhaust radiators.
    You'd also need a 1200watt PSU to CF an Ares2, that's a lot of money for a PC that will become obsolete in a few years.

I just took back my 7970 Matrix Platinum because it had faulty memory, would not overclock and artifacted.
    Also, you can't use msi afterburner with the matrix. GPU Tweak is the only software that will edit the voltage on the card.

Considering the fact your grammar is poor and you like anime (not a dig at you in any way) i am going to assume you are between the ages of 10-15 and therefore don't have the actual money to buy a high end card.

Answering your thread honestly though, your best bet is to get the 7970 Ghz Edition GPU. The Sapphire 7970 OC with boost.
    Sapphire Radeon HD7970 3GB OC Edition with Boost [SA-7970-3GD5-OC-V2] - $429.00 : PC Case Gear

The 680 was faster than the original 7970 when it came out, but AMD released a upgraded version of the 7970 called the "GHz Edition" which has a higher standard core clock. (1ghz)

Since the AMD Catalyst 12.11 beta drivers all AMD cards have boosted performance, and the 7970Ghz Edition now performs on par, if not better than the gtx 680.
    After chrismas i do have the money as i got around 6.5k $
    I can afford 2 aries
    And ur matrix broke wow never thought that would happen
    I have. 1500w psw so that is no problem
    Should u get the vapour x 6gbs or a ghz edition card Sapphire Radeon HD7970 GHz Edition 6GB Vapor-X Edition [SA-7970-6GD5-VAPORX] - $629.00 : PC Case Gear
    Btw how old r u redux

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by segerydrth View Post
    After chrismas i do have the money as i got around 6.5k $
    I can afford 2 aries
    And ur matrix broke wow never thought that would happen
    I have. 1500w psw so that is no problem
    Should u get the vapour x 6gbs or a ghz edition card Sapphire Radeon HD7970 GHz Edition 6GB Vapor-X Edition [SA-7970-6GD5-VAPORX] - $629.00 : PC Case Gear
    Btw how old r u redux
    6.5k? You must be rich. I'm 16 turning 17.
    My matrix came shipped with faulty memory unfortunately and it just artifacted like crazy, i sent it back to PCCG and they're reviewing it now i assume.

You don't need a 6gb card unless you are running 3 monitors.
    The most a single monitor is going to use is 2gb.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Genesis For This Useful Post:

segerydrth (01-30-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

It doesn't really limit your upgrade path. When people by a single card they usually justify it by saying I can just get a 2nd of the same card later when it shows its age. But that doesn't happen ever because A) The card is no longer in production and B) Because there is a new card that out performs 2 of your card. So either you get a single card or multiple cards, by the time you need to upgrade you're going to replace the whole lot anyways.

Future-proofing is by and large a falsehood.
    All valid points I can't refute.

The only argument I can make now is that not all games benefit from two cards. And the micro-stuttering issue that comes with SLI or Xfire.

2013 Parallel Universe Super Posts: - 9999
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Nvidia !!!!!!!
    ✰✰✰✰YOU WANT RAPID?? PRESS THE THANKS BUTTON BELOW HERE v
    ✰✰✰✰Trial Editor Since 1-Feb-2013 ( Not Trail~ )✰✰✰✰

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    All valid points I can't refute.

The only argument I can make now is that not all games benefit from two cards. And the micro-stuttering issue that comes with SLI or Xfire.
    I thought the micro-stuttering was gone in the last couple of series. /
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Redux View Post

6.5k? You must be rich. I'm 16 turning 17.
    My matrix came shipped with faulty memory unfortunately and it just artifacted like crazy, i sent it back to PCCG and they're reviewing it now i assume.

You don't need a 6gb card unless you are running 3 monitors.
    The most a single monitor is going to use is 2gb.
    Should i wait until the 8000 series cones out ir get the card now

Thanks
    SUNGCFVIP.COM - C?a hÃ*ng bán báu v?t d?t kÃ*ch vinh vi?n dã du?c nâng c?p lên phiên b?n 3.0 - giúp quý khách hÃ*ng th?c hi?n giao d?ch d? dÃ*ng vÃ* tÃ*ch h?p nhi?u phuong th?c thanh toán áp d?ng cho 5 lo?i th?: VTC,Viettel,Mobifone,Vinaphone vÃ* Gate.

Khuy?n Mãi C?c L?n "ChÃ*o m?ng xuân Quý T? 2013"

T?ng Barret Dragon,Gói M4A1,Scarlight Gold khi mua báu v?t tr? giá 2000 Vcoin tr? lên.
    T?ng Gói Barret,Barret Dragon khi mua báu v?t tr? giá 1500 Vcoin tr? lên.
    T?ng Barret Dragon khi mua báu v?t tr? giá 1000 Vcoin tr? lên.

Chuong trình khuy?n mãi chÃ*nh th?c áp d?ng t? ngÃ*y 03-02-2013.

So lu?c v? SungCFVip.Com: LÃ* trang mua s?m v?t ph?m trong game, hình th?c mua nhóm v?i giá c?c r? trong th?i gian vÃ* s? ngu?i mua quy d?nh vÃ* hình th?c mua ngay v?i giá r?. SungCFVip.Com du?c di?u hÃ*nh b?i nhóm ki thu?t viên chuyên nghi?p c?a VTC.

V?i tiêu d? SungCFVip.Com - D?ng c?p game th?, chúng tôi xây d?ng 1 khu mua s?m nh?ng s?n ph?m VIP hi?m có ho?c d?t giá trong game D?t KÃ*ch v?i giá c?c r?. Gi?m t? 30% d?n 70% so v?i giá g?c c?a v?t ph?m.
    Hình th?c mua s?m t?i website mang l?i nhi?u co h?i s? h?u nh?ng món d? "d?c-l?" mÃ* t?t c? các game th? d?u mu?n có v?i giá th?p nh?t. Du?i dây lÃ* hình th?c ho?t d?ng c?a website vÃ* nh?ng quy d?nh chung cho khách hÃ*ng th?c hi?n giao d?ch t?i SungCFVip.Com

TH? L? MUA S?M T?I SUNGCFVIP.COM

Trách nhi?m c?a SungCFVip.Com
    - Website cam k?t s? du?c quy?n mua v?t ph?m dúng v?i các chi ti?t du?c công b? t?i website
    - Liên k?t cùng nhÃ* phát hÃ*nh d? không g?p b?t c? tr? ng?i nÃ*o trong quá trình chuy?n v?t ph?m
    - Các v?n d? v? giao d?ch, trao Item vÃ*o t? d? c?a ngu?i choi trong game do SungCFVip.Com ch?u trách nhi?m
    - Các th?c m?c khi?u n?i du?c g?i v? SungCFVip.Com theo các hình th?c liên l?c du?c công b? trên website trong th?i h?n 7 ngÃ*y, sau th?i gian dó SungCFVip.Com không gi?i quy?t b?t c? khi?u n?i nÃ*o.

Trách nhi?m c?a khách hÃ*ng
    - Sau khi xem xét vÃ* quy?t d?nh mua v?t ph?m t?i SungCFVip.Com, khách hÃ*ng lÃ*m theo dúng các bu?c hu?ng d?n mua hÃ*ng c?a SungCFVip.Com
    - D? dang ký mua v?t ph?m t?i SungCFVip.Com, khách hÃ*ng c?n ph?i có tÃ*i kho?n VTC eBank.
    - Khi mua hÃ*ng, khách hÃ*ng có trách nhi?m b?o m?t vÃ* c?n ph?i d?m b?o tÃ*nh chÃ*nh xác c?a các thông tin do SungCFVip.Com yêu c?u d? nh?n du?c các thông báo t? SungCFVip.Com. Tru?ng h?p b?n không cung c?p dúng thông tin d?n d?n viêc trao nh?m v?t ph?m, b?n s? hoÃ*n toÃ*n ch?u trách nhi?m.
    - Trong tru?ng h?p s? c? m?t k?t n?i Internet ngoÃ*i t?m ki?m soát c?a VTC vÃ* SungCFVip.Com, chúng tôi không ch?u trách nhi?m khi có vi?c m?t d? li?u x?y ra.
    - Vi?c nh?n nút d?t mua, ngu?i dùng dã d?ng ý các quy d?nh t? SungCFVip.Com, b?t k? nh?ng quy d?nh nÃ*o du?c thay d?i d?u du?c c?p nh?t t?i dây, chúng tôi không ch?u trách nhi?m khi khách hÃ*ng lÃ*m trái quy d?nh.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast