Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

FAQ and Tutorials [ongoing/in progress]

Frequently Asked Questions.
    There's so many, I don't know where to begin, and I probably won't get them all. I'll try to split this up in categories to make it easier to locate things, but you can always use Ctrl+F and type in a keyword for your question, and hopefully the answer shall appear! If anybody has anything to add, comment, and I'll add it to the main post with credits, of course. I'll try to keep this up-to-date with new menus and things like that.

First of all, if you don't already have it, get winrar. Anyways~

The Basics
    How do I hack?(Part 1: Scripts, Menus, Bypass)
    hax plox!?

Alright, well, there's 2 main ways you can go about hacking DayZ.
    The first route to hacking is using scripts and having a menu to activate the scripts from AND, MOST IMPORTANTLY, HAVING A BYPASS WHICH WILL COST YOU MONEY UNLESS YOU GET A CHEAT ENGINE AND PLAY ON NO BATTLEEYE SERVERS WHICH WOULD BE STUPID TO DO BECAUSE EVERYBODY ELSE WILL BE A HACKER TOO but more power to you I guess. Cheat Engine is free, not linking it because it doesn't seem to be that popular, go find it yourself. Anyways, Let's discuss menus and scripts first.
    [Quick Disclaimer[#1]: I in no way condone or condemn leeching. I am only using the resources that have been approved and that have passed the rules on this forum.]

You can find plenty of free scripts and menus (they come together{except for one link that I posted}) on the forum:
    Here is the wuat menu and the thread dedicated to it.

Here is a leeched (and "outdated" version of Rustler's menu. It's flashy. Use if you like flashy shit. And nukes. And if you can handle an FPS drain. And can find a server that won't bone you. [If you really want Rustler's menu, go buy his updated version that probably has an exponentially better RemoteExecutor] Also, here's a link to help you set it up.

Here is xTwisteDx's menu.

And here is M0nky's menu and the thread dedicated to it.

Here is a large script pack, apparently 400+ scripts [some{but 400!} are detected though]

Also, you can find a couple of menu on the sites where you will find your bypass, but I'm not linking that shit. Silent's menu is the one and only one I will tell you.

After you have a menu and your scripts, you'll need a bypass, but which one? Well, you can get Aim Junkies for $11 even though it's pretty much the equivalent of VirtualAdvantage which will cost you $8. These are the two big ones. AJ apparently has a couple of more features..as in, on its site, you can find a menu with some scripts that the menu you get from VA doesn't have. But guess what? I just fuggin' linked you to 4 menus and countless scripts! But the choice is yours, just google either name, register, and purchase the bypass. I'll tell you which one I use for a fee of $10. Download your bypass, extract it to a folder and put somewhere like on your desktop. Now, you should've read the respective thread that you got your menu from, but just in case you didn't, here's the rundown. Take the folder that holds your scripts(and anything else that is mentioned in the thread{may not apply}), put it into your Arma2 Operation Arrowhead directory.
    Which will be this: (using C:\ because assuming your installed steam and Arma 2OA on your main drive) C:\ Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead. You will have something else behinds (x86) if you do not have a 64 bit OS.
    Alright, after you pasted your script folder in your A2OA directory, make or paste a file called "DayZmenu" (save as .ini file) in the same folder your bypass is in. You will edit what is in it according to what menu you are using. Look at the respective thread for more info.

So you have scripts in the right directory, you have an undetected bypass, you have the correct editing in the DayZmenu.ini, let's hack. Start up your bypass(run as administrator), Find a server to play on DayZ, your bypass will auto-inject, and when you get in game, press inject. Tada, Scripts injected. Press tab to bring up your menu. Getting kicked, scripts not loading/not injecting? Ctrl F key words for it.

I will discuss adding scripts to your menu later on. (Search add custom scripts..or scroll down for half a second.)

How do I hack?(Part 2: Browser plugins/Survival Hacks)
    Doesn't require money, simple to use. Can use firefox or Google chrome. Using internet explorer will get you banned from every game ever, the internet, and the KGB will be momentarily resurrected to kidnap you. So. You know, there's that.
    Anyways, yes, I'm of course talking about sd333221's famous "Survival Hack". Currently detected, will keep updated.
    This doesn't require much explanation. Download it. Extract it to a folder on your desktop, run Firefox as admin, run plug-in container as admin, join a server! Alt+Tab to put in commands. Entering too many commands too fast on some servers might cause a kick or a crash, so..yeah.

Advanced(ish) Hacking
    How do I add custom scripts to ____ menu? Or other scripts from other menus to ____?
    Well, first, you need to place that script into your script directory in your Arma2OA folder.
    Then you will need to edit a certain file (Notepad++ helps) depending on which menu you are using.
    If you are using Silent's menu or a variation(ikillindreams's edited menu for example) of it, you will need to locate the file "ajmenu.sqf". Should be in Arma2OA\Scripts
    Wuat's menu: vet@cmd.sqf --> Arma2OA\wuat
    Rustler's menu: mainmenu.sqf --> Arma2OA\scr\menu\menulist
    Monky's menu: mainmenu.sqf --> Arma2OA\scr\menu\menulist

I'll use the Silent's menu code as an example.
    So, let's say you want to add a minigun script to your menu. You want this to be in the "Main" portion of your menu.
    In the ajmenu file, you will see something similar to this:

img = img + [""]; option = option + ["========= MAIN ========","empty.sqf","0","0","0"];
    img = img + [""]; option = option + ["~Help","help.sqf","0","0","0"];
    img = img + [""]; option = option + ["~Debug Console","showdebug.sqf","1","0","0"];
    img = img + [""]; option = option + ["~ESP","esp.sqf","1","0","0"];
    The first line is not a real script, it's just a heading for your menu, hence the "empty.sqf".
    Basically what you're going to do is copy one of the lines.
    img = img + [""]; option = option + ["~ESP","esp.sqf","1","0","0"];
    And change it to our minigun file and change the name to recognize it as our minigun script.
    img = img + [""]; option = option + ["~Minigun","minigun.sqf","1","0","0"];
    Now, the trick here is to have the minigun script in the correct directory. Find where the files are in that section, and post the file there, or at least be sure to edit the directory. Let's say I have a "Player" directory with more scripts and I want to put my minigun script there. The code will look like:
    img = img + [""]; option = option + ["~Minigun","player\minigun.sqf","0","0","0"];
    Leave the middle and right 0s alone, change the left digit to a 1 if the hack is toggable, if it is not, make it a 0.

How do I create my own scripts?
    Here is a thread that can get you started on making your own scripts and the like.

Errors and Malfunctions.
    HELP! Something is wrong!
    Before you say anything elseeeee, here are a couple of things you need to make sure you are doing, or things you can try.
    1. ARE YOU RUNNING YOUR PROGRAMS AS ADMINISTRATOR?
    2. Disable UAC.
    Go into control panel-->User Accounts and Family Safety-->User Accounts-->Change User Account Control settings-->turn that shit off.

3. Disable DEP
    Run CMD as administrator. Type: bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff
    Press enter and restart.

4. Disable anti-viruses and firewalls.
    5. Are your video card drivers up to date?
    6. Get Microsoft .NET Framework 4 and Microsoft Visual C++ Pack 1.

Help! Public Variable Restriction when trying to activate scripts!
    Your RemoteExecutor is crappy, your scripts are detected, or that server has some decent antihax.

Help! Corrupted Memory #3 (or other number)
    Common problem when using Survival Hacks. You can try a different server, or if it keeps happening, see if a specific hack is triggering it. Are you entering commands too fast?

Help! BattleEye Hack #4
    Currently being looked into by Sd

Help! SetDamage Resitrction!
    Your kill player script doesn't work. Either your RE isn't sufficient or your script isn't adequate.

Help! Error #1
    "Teleporting Error; Otherwise known as using _setPos in your scripts."
    Credit to ikillindreams

Ban and CD Key related.
    Where do people get all these keys to sell?
    Short answer, they use key stealers.

How do I avoid Key Stealers?
    DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT download anything from outside the forums (except for the bypasses ON THEIR SITE, NO WHERE ELSE. DO NOT BUY INTO THE YOUTUBE SHIT. If you do, you deserve what happens.)

Is there a way to "protect" my key?
    This might be of interest to you.

Help! I got banned! What do I do?
    Credits to chickeninabiskit and darkyhax.

Help! My CD key was stolen!
    Quick Robin!
    If that link is not fruitful, refer to previous post.

How can I avoid not being banned?
    Don't be super duper obvious with your hacks. Like spawning in on the coast and 5 seconds later have an AS50, ghillie suit, all gear, m9SD, coyote backpack. Don't spawn in illegal weapons, items, vehicles, etc. Just be cautious when admins are on.

What's legal, item-wise in DayZ?
    This shit.

Other/Misc.
    Help! How do I get better FPS!?
    Higher FPS?
    Also, obviously lower your settings, get a better computer(or parts) if this doesn't work.

Does ____ work on multiplayer? Wasteland?
    Probably.
    But this thread might interest you, Wastelanders.

Done for the moment; post questions that you think need to be on here, or just add to it on your own, blah blah blah.

[Disclaimer #2: I nor anyone on this site is responsible if you get banned. Yadayada.]
    Last edited by ReflectedGod; 01-22-2013 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Clarification, Organizing, Adding Content.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ReflectedGod For This Useful Post:

Bluepanther (02-11-2013),Bosegelucke (01-22-2013),EleCtriCC (01-27-2013),[MPGH]Flengo (01-22-2013),Genoble (02-19-2013),ikillindreams (01-22-2013),ironborg (01-29-2013),Johnny Thor (08-03-2013),Mizzle420420 (12-22-2015),OriginXHunter64 (03-06-2013),parrotff (10-21-2015),SimaTheGreat (01-22-2013),xCyberxx (08-02-2013),xLithium (02-01-2013),zkkaiser (01-22-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Looking good, I just skimmed through it but definitely keep expanding it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Where was this when I started hacking? lmao.
    I had to basically teach myself everything.

I even read some stuff that was still helpful. Way to go
    Last edited by zkkaiser; 01-22-2013 at 07:45 AM. Reason: typo

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Then use thanks :P

But seriously, I kinda thought it was odd when I joined that there wasn't an FAQ, just a couple of different how-to's scattered everywhere.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Im glad someone finally put this up. I was to lazy to do it myself xD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Oh, and if you guys see something just plain wrong, tell me so I can fix it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Add #1 : Teleporting Error

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

otherwise known as using _setPos in your scripts

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ikillindreams For This Useful Post:

ReflectedGod (01-22-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ReflectedGod View Post
    Then use thanks :P

But seriously, I kinda thought it was odd when I joined that there wasn't an FAQ, just a couple of different how-to's scattered everywhere.
    This is probably because, for most people, "hacking" in DayZ must be one of the easiest things we've ever done. I barely know how to code at all, yet I wrote my own remote exec a week into "hacking DayZ", merely by understanding the logic of various other other remote exec codes.

Furthermore, the scripts are all written in Arma 2 Scripting language, which has tons of documentation found online (there's even a wiki for it). It is VERY easy to pickup (easier than Python) and with literally hundreds of script examples of various kinds out there, one shouldn't have a hard time at all trying to figure out what does what.
    Last edited by Ryanrenesis; 01-22-2013 at 08:32 AM.

Thanks
    great work, I like
    Quote Originally Posted by chickeninabiskit View Post
    1. Fuck shit up
    2. Get banned
    3. Switch CD Keys and change out IP Address
    4. Join and FSU again
    5. Rinse and repeat
    6. Profit???

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Added information on how to add scripts that originally didn't come with menu packs.

~Planning to make everything pretty at a later time.
    Last edited by ReflectedGod; 01-22-2013 at 10:29 PM.

Thanks
    Seems legit to be giving every one a link to a banned user

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by timmy9900 View Post
    Seems legit to be giving every one a link to a banned user
    1. That m0nky menu is outdated.
    2. That download was cleared by mods.
    3. Wtf is supposed to be in there? A Keystealer? Those are .exes...that download just has sqfs.
    4. No proof that the user was banned because of that thread, thanks for the input Alex Jones.
    5. Upon looking at his posts and the threads he posted in, it appears he got banned for scamming accounts or something like that. Unrelated to M0nky menu and DayZ. However, there's 3 other menus linked and like 2 others mentioned soooooooooooooooooo.......

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ReflectedGod View Post
    1. That m0nky menu is outdated.
    2. That download was cleared by mods.
    3. Wtf is supposed to be in there? A Keystealer? Those are .exes...that download just has sqfs.
    4. No proof that the user was banned because of that thread, thanks for the input Alex Jones.
    5. Upon looking at his posts and the threads he posted in, it appears he got banned for scamming accounts or something like that. Unrelated to M0nky menu and DayZ. However, there's 3 other menus linked and like 2 others mentioned soooooooooooooooooo.......
    I know what keystealers are in exes I didn't mean for you to freak out

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by timmy9900 View Post
    I know what keystealers are in exes I didn't mean for you to freak out
    Then don't try to discredit my assistance, especially with hollow accusations.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Update 1/19/13

CDKEY/Ban Related.
    How to keep Steam from changing your Arma2 OA back to what it was originally.
    Quote Originally Posted by tay200k View Post
    You can stop steam changing it via reg edit.

How to prevent steam from overriding your new CD-KEY

Hit your start button and type in run
    In the run bar type in "regedit" *DON'T EDIT ANYTHING unless you know what youre doing*
    Search for the folder Arma 2 OA , here:
    Common Locations:
    "hkey_local_machine/software/bohemia interactive/arma 2 oa" or
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA
    Note: you can use the search function to find "Arma 2 oa" - Edit drop menu, then search.
    Right click on the folder arma 2oa that contains your KEY ,hit permissions, then advanced.
    Select Administrators, hit edit, Change "Set Value" to Deny .. save

From Change CD-Key to Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead - Steam Users' Forums
    Menu updates.
    SiN's edit of Rustler's

Rustler's v3.0 menu
    How to disable whitelist on Rustler's v3.
    How decode parts of Rustler's menu here!

ikillindream's silent menu edit.

MISC. INFO:
    Survival hacks v4.
    Read the fucking thread before posting.

Ban Waves keep hitting hacking community, stop begging for keys.

Remember that menus, scripts, hacks, keystealers, etc. are not supposed to be sold on this site. You're probably getting scammed/fucked over anyways.

That's all I can think of for now.
    Last edited by ReflectedGod; 01-29-2013 at 03:52 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast