Thanks

My ping is fine but latency in games, not?

So I've been having troubles with my internet lately (a week - 2 weeks max), and it's ONLY ME. Not my brother. Not my father, nor my mother. with 'ping google.com.au -t', I get normal ping. But my friend who lives down the road goes ahead and joins a Chivalry game with 48 ping and I'm going anywhere from 188 - 400 ping, which is annoying as hayull.

Playing battlefield 3, it seems to tell me I get a constant 50 -70 ping which isn't bad, but the rubberbanding in it is terrible.
    I've gone from 60ms ping to a Wasteland server to 110 - 200 ms ping and I find it hard to play the game without my friends facepalming the ground in a helicopter
    Black ops 2 and all the other call of duties are almost unplayable...
    My brother can still play these games though and still get a stable low ping. >.<
    Steam downloads have mysteriously gone from 300kb/s - 2.6mb/s downloading

My brother who is in charge of all the modem/router settings and all says he's done nothing with the settings at all and so this has just dawned upon me randomly...

I'm also connected via an ethernet cable, not wireless. D:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    I've got the same, problem, Callofduty and connection are not friends ... I have like 1 second offset with someone else, so in 1v1 i die ..
    Créateur du groupe français / Creator of the french group

-We don't use expession "IRL". We say "Away from keyboard". For us, the internet is real-

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/signaturepics/sigpic1058097_1.gif

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    @ AnonHack, I'm exactly the same - I never have more than 3 bars in BLOPS 2.
    I have a 8mb connection - I know not the fastest (getting 120mb in 7 weeks when I move)
    I can download movies/tv at a steady 890kb/s from almost any server around the world.
    I'm on a ethernet cable direct from the router, with no 1 connected via wifi or another cable
    So why is my connection so shit when playing BLOPS 2 ????
    Last edited by dz0; 01-27-2013 at 04:23 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by dz0 View Post
    @ AnonHack, I'm exactly the same - I never have more than 3 bars in BLOPS 2.
    I have a 8mb connection - I know not the fastest (getting 120mb in 7 weeks when I move)
    I can download movies/tv at a steady 890kb/s from almost any server around the world.
    I'm on a ethernet cable direct from the router, with no 1 connected via wifi or another cable
    So why is my connection so shit when playing BLOPS 2 ????
    Two words mate, two dreaded words: Lagg compensation...
    It's the most ridiculous shit they've ever put in any game...
    If you need to get in touch with me fast, add me on STEAM.

Succesful Trades:7/7

[IMG]https://post.barkbo*****m/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/tumblr_mhdh3aaPE51r2afs6o1_500.gif[/IMG]

My current Releases/Guides:
    RapidFire script
    DayZ Custom Skins guide

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Oextar View Post
    So I've been having troubles with my internet lately (a week - 2 weeks max), and it's ONLY ME. Not my brother. Not my father, nor my mother. with 'ping google.com.au -t', I get normal ping. But my friend who lives down the road goes ahead and joins a Chivalry game with 48 ping and I'm going anywhere from 188 - 400 ping, which is annoying as hayull.

Playing battlefield 3, it seems to tell me I get a constant 50 -70 ping which isn't bad, but the rubberbanding in it is terrible.
    I've gone from 60ms ping to a Wasteland server to 110 - 200 ms ping and I find it hard to play the game without my friends facepalming the ground in a helicopter
    Black ops 2 and all the other call of duties are almost unplayable...
    My brother can still play these games though and still get a stable low ping. >.<
    Steam downloads have mysteriously gone from 300kb/s - 2.6mb/s downloading

My brother who is in charge of all the modem/router settings and all says he's done nothing with the settings at all and so this has just dawned upon me randomly...

I'm also connected via an ethernet cable, not wireless. D:
    For me when im having trouble with the connection in CoD i reset my router and modem. Then when they are reset and fully restarted then i check that the CoD ports are correctly forwarded for my IPv4 address in my routers admin control panel. Then i disable uPnP save then enable uPnP (bug on my router :/)
    then i check if the computer is running dual firewalls. I always go with the system firewall because you can customize exceptions better. Then i add new rules enabling CoD to have good connect. After all that junk my connection is almost never and issue. Hope this helped.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to deadfishy For This Useful Post:

dz0 (01-28-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    @deadfishy, thx buddy, gonna leave my probs for now. I'm moving house back to the UK and gonna send stuff early. Im going to go with Virgin Broadband
    (100-120 mb/s) in England, so hopefully I will be lag free and owning ppl with connection problems lol - in the next 10 weeks lol

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    No problem all the port forwarding also helps when your friends join on you and when you are in a custom game with friends by the way

9. The Following User Says Thank You to deadfishy For This Useful Post:

dz0 (01-28-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Don't understand, you have to open ports ?
    Créateur du groupe français / Creator of the french group

-We don't use expession "IRL". We say "Away from keyboard". For us, the internet is real-

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/signaturepics/sigpic1058097_1.gif

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    your firewall will by default block certain ports, forwarding a port is simply allowing (creating ) a rule within your firewall software to allow a game/program though, both ways.BASICALLY

goto www.portforward.com Free Help Forwarding Ports and your router settings ect
    for a more accurate description of what port forwarding does, google Port forwarding - Wikipedia
    Last edited by dz0; 01-29-2013 at 06:53 AM.

Thanks
    *bump*
    I just reinstalled windows, and all is good. Just saying.