Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Exclamation The TRUTH About Supressors.

This was a test NOT conducted by me.

It's true. Silencers do NOT reduce your damage by 10%. That's complete nonsense.

Yes, this was tested, several times.

I might post the parameters of the tests and screenshots some other time, I'm not sure.

Basically what I did was shoot with a silenced gun and an unsilenced of the exact same gun and recorded the hp differences and used a calculator to calculate the percentage.

It's not that simple, however. There are many complications. You cannot simply shoot the character, record hp, then switch weapons, then shoot again. Armor points decrease with each shot, so the second shot will take more damage than the first. There is also the factor of damage variation. Because of damage variation, this test was performed multiple times. There is also hitbox damage variation (different spots on the hitbox will take more damage than others). My test countered most of these complications.

Lol. When I tested SMG's, the damage differences didn't even show up. This is because of SMG's low damage. 3.65% of a low number cam be lower than 1. HP isn't rounded, it is always a whole number. Therefore, if you silenced an UZI it probably does almost the exact same damage as an unsilenced UZI. So, in terms of damage, silencing SMG's are probably more worth your while.

Don't believe me? Think about why a silenced L96 doesn't turn into m24 damage, and still 1hko's for 99% of the hitbox. Think about why you don't notice a your killing speed decrease significantly when you use a silencer.

By the way, I only tested for the S3 silencer. I apologize for this possibly relentless approach, but I doubt any of the silencers reduce different amounts of damage. S3 silencer is the only silencer that doesn't suck anyway.

S1 Silencer Recoil Redirection

The recoil on S1 silenced guns is a joke. If any of you have used S1 with a scope and payed attention before, you know what I'm talking about. S1 DOES NOT reduce recoil by 10% at all. Unless, you define "decreasing recoil" as making your aim on the gun jump randomly to the left or right. This was tested as well. S1 redirects the recoil to the left or right. For example, if you were spraying a S1 silenced UMP with a scope onto a wall, the second bullet would land either northeast or northwest of the original bullet. This is an easy test, you can even try this yourself by shooting at a wall. Just buy an S1, test it, then leave the game and take off the S1 and do the same thing. Note the path of the bullets. Normal recoil coming from a gun that is unsilenced or silenced by S2 or S3 allows the recoil to bounce straight up in an orderly fashion. S1 basically makes your bullet path go in zigzags. Your line of fire going sideways would probably work well if humans were shaped like horizontal sausages, but that is not the case. Humans are shaped like a long rod that is placed vertically. If you were trying to kill someone with an AR or SMG that is silenced with an S1, after several bullets you'd be shooting the space to the left or right of them. Normal recoil is almost perfect for the way your target is shaped. In other words, the S1 silencer in MOST cases is bad for your aim and your gun. Unless you are not a high enough rank to use other supressors, you should not use the S1. This does not apply to guns with an extremely low rate of fire, such as the L96.

S2 Silencer- My thoughts

Tracer bullet -30%? Not really. Maybe if people actually bothered looking at your bullet while it was flying in midair. The tracer bullet reduction is nearly if not entirely useless. However, if you have recently been promoted to Sergeant First Class (SFC), and are looking for a silencer that reduces the noise created from your shots that doesn't absolutely obliterate your ability to shoot, then you're in good hands. This silencer is much better than the S1.

S3 Silencer does not Reduce Muzzle flash by 50%

Most of you probably already know this. It reduces Muzzle flash by 100%. The S3 is a nice silencer, and it is highly recommended. It's additional effect/benefit (the varying effect/benefit found on all three silencers) is actually useful. The absence of muzzle flash can sometimes allow your opponent to think you're not shooting at him. This effect is amplified in larger games where gunfire is more prominent, and the sound of your fire is drowned out.
    Silencers are a real mystery of Combat Arms. Many people have reported certain silencers having "hidden" effects on recoil, spread, etc. Many of these hidden effects are hard to test for. For all we know, silencers could do a whole lot more to our guns than we thought, and the game developer is not telling us this. We can all be sure, however, that Silencers do NOT do the things that are written in their item description.

I DO NOT TAKE CREDIT FOR THIS! Only for posting
    smoke bongs cause its my dayjob

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to xiiav For This Useful Post:

bigmadmike88 (06-06-2009),breaksafe (06-06-2009),formage (06-07-2009),HackPack (06-06-2009),ICEKILLER158 (06-06-2009),NeverBorn (06-06-2009),Pancholandia (06-07-2009),Pistola (06-06-2009),Rike73 (06-06-2009),Rixmann22 (06-07-2009),Rocco (06-06-2009),souljaowner (06-06-2009),spadezs235 (06-06-2009),suseke16 (06-07-2009),twisizz (06-07-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    nice thread about silencers. although i once thought that silencers reduce your reload speed for the AWP by a lot. LOL

Thanks
    very helpful ty

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Yet another excellent post. Very helpful information. Only problem is i'm not high enough rank to get S3 Suppressor
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    sweet! I'm gonna use silencers now lmao!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KnockOut View Post
    You asshole cant you ever go a thread with out a flame war.....and you say i spam in your sig look what your bitchh ass is doing to the combat arms section are you looking for thanks?
    look, i have. and what about my sig? umad cuzz u in the "baddie" section? and no im not looking for thanks. look at all the people who say "thx man" or something. so take a break from typing. start again when ur pubes hit the toilet seat.
    smoke bongs cause its my dayjob

Thanks
    WOW people stop flaming Xiiav! All he did was make an extremely helpful post, which explains the features of the S1, 2, and 3 suppressors. All of you noobs sdfu.

Thanks
    Ur serious? cause this is important info for me

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by freekshow View Post
    ummm "first off punk" sounds like something a 12 or 13 year old would say...and also you have no proof, i think you just think that theres no difference, but there is...i have no proof, but why wouldn't nexon be dicks and take damage off?
    The proof is in the research and testing?

BTW, corndog is using geographical terms, which i learnt in year 7 0.0..suprised some of u dont know what longitude and latitude is.
    Last edited by suseke16; 06-07-2009 at 08:34 PM.

Thanks
    Man real nice post i read all of it and i think that silencers suck(my opininion) they say that they reduce recoil and they make me shoot like crazy the only thing silencers are good for are if u r sniping and u dont want to be seen other than that i personally think that people who use silencers for regular guns are stupid.......(my opininion)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused
    Really usefull info, thanks for posting it and helping me to save money and not wasting on useless supressors
    Experts concluded that drinking a lot of alcohol kill the weaker neurons, leaving the strongest and most intelligent.

Conclusion: The more I drink, the more intelligent I may become

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123