Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by abuckau907 View Post
    maybe you should look at my code then. Your progressbar1.value assignment is wrong...
    for example: count = 100 -> txtBox.Length = 1000 ---> pgbar1.value = 100/1000 = 1/10 = .1 --> pgb's go from 1-100 by default. ^^in my code (and comments) - multiply by 100 to make it a "percentage"

I'll press thanks if you stop posting code
    congrats, i forgot to multiply by 100. Big fucking deal. All the code and ideas i've seen come out of you are mediocre. Also, upon looking at your code, you have terrible variable names & and who the fuck uses an integer in place of a boolean. Also, assuming we continue down the idiotic approach you took to use an integer where there should be a boolean, you're taking up much more memory than needs to be taken up by using an integer there. A byte would be sufficient and would take up less memory.

Also, after i posted my code you made this remark about my code:
    As a note, for encryption, you should work w/ raw bytes and not be converting it back and forth to string. It's inefficient / no point.
    And use System.Text.StringBuilder if your string will have any kind of length.
    And now you're saying my code is too similar to yours. So, indirectly you're saying you code is inefficient and has no point.

Now, i will press thanks if you stop trying to sound like you have any clue what you're doing. The only excellent code here is jason's.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    Mediocre code because I'M ANSWERING QUESTIONS in the forum. You haven't seen "my" code. Go to my vb mem read tut if you want to criticize.

Why not use the boolean? Because I left MY CODE close to how OP has it set up. So it would be easier for him to understand.

You think that 2 liner by jason taught op anything? I don't. OP is having trouble using a char array...you think he's going to understand the 2nd line of jason's code?

"congrats, i forgot to multiply by 100" It's not a big deal! But you're not helping OP by posting incorrect code.
    And no, I said my code was more* efficient than Jasons. Too bad noone else will do a speed test. I said your code was 99% like mine and OP's cuz it was. Literally 1 variable different. Which is to be expectected, it's a simple task, it's going to look the same. I was saying your post was un-needed and basically just a re-hash of what I had already posted.

Also, don't test my wit boy, you won't like the results. Just leave. This thread deserves to be erased.

EASIER FOR [OP] TO UNDERSTAND being the whole point. But you don't get that.

Btw, your boolean probably takes up 4 bytes Ask someone who you trust has the right answer..don't take my word for it.
    --And those 3 extra bytes aren't even the "efficiency killing" part. 3 bytes lol 3. Are you serious?!
    Last edited by abuckau907; 02-02-2013 at 06:09 PM.
    'Some things that can be counted, don't matter. And some things that matter, can't be counted' - A.E.
    --

My posts have some inaccuracies/are wrong/wrong keyword(s) used.
    They're (maybe) pretty close, and I hope they helped you, not created confusion. Take with grain of salt.

-if you give rep, please leave a comment, else it means less.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by abuckau907 View Post
    Mediocre code because I'M ANSWERING QUESTIONS in the forum. You haven't seen "my" code. Go to my vb mem read tut if you want to criticize.

Why not use the boolean? Because I left MY CODE close to how OP has it set up. So it would be easier for him to understand.

You think that 2 liner by jason taught op anything? I don't. OP is having trouble using a char array...you think he's going to understand the 2nd line of jason's code?

And no, I said my code was more* efficient than Jasons. Too bad noone else will do a speed test. I said your code was 99% like mine and OP's cuz it was. Literally 1 variable different. Which is to be expectected, it's a simple task, it's going to look the same. I was saying your post was un-needed and basically just a re-hash of what I had already posted.

Also, don't test my wit boy, you won't like the results. Just leave. This thread deserves to be erased.

EASIER FOR [OP] TO UNDERSTAND being the whole point. But you don't get that.

Btw, your boolean probably takes up 4 bytes Ask someone who you trust has the right answer..don't take my word for it.
    --And those 3 extra bytes aren't even the "efficiency killing" part. 3 bytes lol
    If we're getting into efficiency, then yes, those 3 extra bytes do count. And giving him code that uses an integer where a boolean should be used, even if it is more similar to his original code, is just teaching him a bad method.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    yep yep.

Last edited by abuckau907; 02-02-2013 at 06:13 PM.
    'Some things that can be counted, don't matter. And some things that matter, can't be counted' - A.E.
    --

My posts have some inaccuracies/are wrong/wrong keyword(s) used.
    They're (maybe) pretty close, and I hope they helped you, not created confusion. Take with grain of salt.

-if you give rep, please leave a comment, else it means less.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12