Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Quitting Society, Living Life.

Not going to turn around it anymore.

This guy?

That's me.

I am going to quit society in a few years, atleast for some time.
    I'm planning on traveling around the world, but not just that. I am going to live as life was ment to be. Feel ALIVE.

Now, I know you're sitting there, thinking I will die.
    I will try my best not to .

I want to know how actual life is. I am sick and tired of having food handed to me. I want to know how it is to actually survive. And that's exactly what I will be doing. Travelling around the world, I will meet people, I will enjoy the tiniest perfect bits of life. I will avoid large cities. I will go around, lifting and/or walking. Some might call me a tramp, but I am just going to live life as it was intended (For me, this is.).
    Once I've had enough, I will take off to the wild. Try to survive. And yes, I do have a backup plan for if something goes wrong. I'll take some kind of long-lasting phone or GPS, something like that, so if I DO get in trouble, and I don't plan to die just yet, I can call for help.

Say whatever you want, but I am going to do this. From now on, I shall learn how to shoot bow & Arrow and use a knife, craft items and such. I will live life like it's supposed to be.
    Not downgraded by society. There are ups for society, people to share your happiness with. And those kind of things I will surely miss. But there are so many downs. Pressure for example. Knowing other people will judge you, even without being concious of judging.

I'm going to life.
    Life Alive.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Sounds stupid.
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html
    Part 3: COMING SOON

3. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to iverson954360 For This Useful Post:

B00ST3R-Mike (02-14-2013),[MPGH]Doc (02-10-2013),FeelTheRush (02-11-2013),[MPGH]Ghost (02-09-2013),iAmAHaxorDerp (02-12-2013),ilan77 (02-14-2013),[MPGH]Killian (02-08-2013),Maxedout (02-09-2013),Paladin (02-10-2013),Terell. (02-09-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by iverson954360 View Post
    Sounds stupid.
    I am sure 99% of people will say this.

But, this is what I want to do, and this is what I am going to do.
    (In a few years, that's for sure.)

For me, personally, NOT doing this is stupid. I personally think People who are letting themselves get controlled by other people are stupid. Now, you might not want to do something like this, but I sure as hell don't want to 'work' all my life long. 'Work' as in "Do shit for food" instead of 'Work' as in "Get food, Survive, proof that you're worthy of life."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful
    I hope you don't perish , stay strong.
    PM Me | VM Me | Rules

MARGHERITA

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I have a feeling you don't know how to make a fire, get clean water, and what plants are edible...
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Vice-Versa View Post
    I have a feeling you don't know how to make a fire, get clean water, and what plants are edible...
    And this is what I have already discussed;
    Quote Originally Posted by helpmeoutguys View Post
    BUT. If I want to do this, I need training. And learning. a lot of learning and training.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    I hope you don't perish , stay strong.
    I surely will try not to. Thanks for your support. As long as I don't eat the wrong plants (And find food ofcourse), I should be fine.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTroubles View Post

And this is what I have already discussed;

I surely will try not to. Thanks for your support. As long as I don't eat the wrong plants (And find food ofcourse), I should be fine.
    Where are you "surviving" .
    PM Me | VM Me | Rules

MARGHERITA

Thanks
    #Yolo. Good luck mate.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    So instead of learning a skill you may actually enjoy and have an interest in i.e. computer engineering, or geology, you'd rather spend your time learning shit that won't really benefit anyone other than someone living in the bush. You worry about not having a life, but are totally ready to leave your friends and family behind for something that really wont pan out for you. Living life like the way you want requires a bunch of conditioning and training from an early age. You learn those types of skills from generations before you like your father or grandfather. You have to grow up with the respect you need to give to the wild and the lifestyle required to survive. What you're saying sounds very stupid and naive, learning how to survive on your own in the wild requires many months if not years of "training" in the way of practicing survival skills i.e. building fires, scouting proper locations, tracking skills, how to craft basic tools etc. All of these things are learned out in the field with some sort of mentor guiding the way, not something you gain from sitting watching videos.

What you need to realize is that you're looking at this sort of life style in a very romanticized sort of way, without giving any thought to the reality of what you want to do. Have you even thought about how you would kill an animal for food? How to skin an animal properly without tainting the meat? How to build a secure shelter? How to protect yourself from predatory animals? Do you even know how to navigate around given just a map and a compass?

Sure you can learn one or two things with relative ease, but to learn everything required to be self sufficient would take up so much time that it would be stupid for you to throw away all of your education just to live out some fantasy probably won't even pan out for you. Learn how to be realistic, otherwise you're just going to make a shit ton of bad decisions when you're older.
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html
    Part 3: COMING SOON

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to iverson954360 For This Useful Post:

B00ST3R-Mike (02-14-2013),[MPGH]Doc (02-10-2013),Genesis (02-09-2013),iAmAHaxorDerp (02-12-2013),[MPGH]Killian (02-08-2013),Maxedout (02-09-2013),Terell. (02-09-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post

Where are you "surviving" .
    I'm not sure yet. I'd say either around Eastern Europe or North America.
    I still have quite the years left to decide. First, I'll graduate. In that case, IF I get to know that I cannot do this, I'll still atleast have a degree.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I don't really blame you for wanting to do it, but... considering it's a few years off.

I doubt it will pan out, but if you have no experience on how to survive out in the wild, it's basically a pipe dream. There are MANY ways to die that you haven't even thought of.

Best of luck, though.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by iverson954360 View Post
    Not quoting for sake of thread format
    Yes. Yes, and Yes.
    I know exactly what this means. And it's not like I'm just going to run out of my door right now and start surviving. I do realise this requires training, and have stated this before. Oh, and yes. I do know basic things other humans might not. I know how to build fires, i knownhow to build shelters, I know how to navigate, and a bunch more.

I'm not saying I know how to survive already, that would be blatantly stupid. This requires learning, training and experience. I will be doing trial-periods and meeting up with all kinds of people. I have contacts here and there, I've done some kind of survival-group thing when I was a kid.
    I'm not a citykid, sure, I live close to a city but I do know a lot more things than you would think about surviving.

Again, it will take a lot of learning and training. I'm planning around 3 years should be enough, if not more. It sounds as if you thnk I don't know what this means, but I do. I've given it 4 years of thought. So don't act as if I am not realising what this means. I know damn well what this means, and you haven't even slightly talked about thngs you need to know which are actual basics, even more needed than gutting animals and defending against predators.

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    I don't really blame you for wanting to do it, but... considering it's a few years off.

I doubt it will pan out, but if you have no experience on how to survive out in the wild, it's basically a pipe dream. There are MANY ways to die that you haven't even thought of.

Best of luck, though.
    Oh believe me, I have thought about a ton of ways to die, and I will learn to prevent them. Then ofcourse, there are just so many ways to die, it's impossible to completely be prepared. As long as I stick to my rules which I have thought of and will think of, I shouldn't have too many unexpected ways to die.
    I'll see if other people want to do this too. Make the same commitment, without holding me back. One of my (most likely unachievable) objectives is to, over a long, long time, create an evolved version of the human species. One that is not dependant on technology that much. One that doesn't have to gut, and have weapons. This is crazy talk, you might think. But if we do this for a huge amount of time, it surely is possible.

Thanks
    have fun. kill a wolf, wear its coat, and i shall call you a boss

Thanks
    Smoke weed = living life???
    nah lololololololol
    but stay safe if you eventually ever get round to doing it!
    Find my latest releases on my YT:

Thanks
    i used to want to do this when i was a kid, i still do, but would never due to the fact I dont really know anything about surviving on my own, all i know is what i read in books

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast