Thanks

Question Decompiling rotmg and need help

After 3hours work I finally got a compile-able version of rotmg 11.0.0 (ik it's 11.1.0 now) source code BUT WITHOUT ALL EMBEDDED ASSETS. There's too many of them and exporting them from ASV is a hell.

Here is my question:

Is there a quick way to deal with those assets?

I'm using FlashDevelop4.0 (Flex 3.4A) to compile and AS3Sorcerer1.9 to decompile.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Most if not all tuts on making your own client are using RABCDASM and you could also get yourself Yogda although not many using it now. JustAnoobROTMG has given codes for the updated 11.1.0 if you know how to get the swf from the game, there aee also tuts telling how to get these too.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyeclops View Post
    Most if not all tuts on making your own client are using RABCDASM and you could also get yourself Yogda although not many using it now. JustAnoobROTMG has given codes for the updated 11.1.0 if you know how to get the swf from the game, there aee also tuts telling how to get these too.
    Not sure troll or can't read. Answer my question, don't tell me use RABCDASM. Playing with Vector in RABCDASM is not fun, not fun at all. And debugging is a pain.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by niuzr View Post
    After 3hours work I finally got a compile-able version of rotmg 11.0.0 (ik it's 11.1.0 now) source code BUT WITHOUT ALL EMBEDDED ASSETS. There's too many of them and exporting them from ASV is a hell.

Here is my question:

I'm using FlashDevelop4.0 (Flex 3.4A) to compile and AS3Sorcerer1.9 to decompile.
    You could write a program that will parse files given from RABCDASM and change them into what they need to be. Other than that, I don't see many other options. I don't have much experience with exporting them in that manner, so that's all the advice I can give you, and is exactly how I would do it.
    Last edited by dwdude; 02-10-2013 at 09:17 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdude View Post
    You could write a program that will parse files given from RABCDASM and change them into what they need to be. Other than that, I don't see many other options. I don't have much experience with exporting them in that manner, so that's all the advice I can give you, and is exactly how I would do it.
    RABCDASM does nothing with embed assets, only with DoABC Tag. I'm decompiling rotmg to as3 code, not avm bytecode.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Here is my question:

That's pretty impressive that you got something to compile in 3 hours time. I'm interested in how you managed to do it.

As a side note, I've managed to make a working project file under flashbuilder using flex 4.6.0. Most of the embedded assets load up with the debug copy of the .swf but not when I try to make a release copy. I really don't know enough about actionscript to fix these problems currently. How familiar are you with actionscript and embedding files? Maybe you can help me out with my decompiled as3 source.
    Be careful, stray too far from the pack and you'll get lost.

Thanks
    @niuzr You are not looking for the embedded medias, are you? If you, and I'm sorry if I could not read it as well, you could give swftools [1] a try.

the command is
    Code:
    swfextract --outputformat "extract_%06d.%s" -a 1- ../AssembleeGameClient[VERSION].swf
    where sprintf style %s is the extension, and %06d the integer [ID]. source [2]

please ignore this post if it's not you are looking for

Code:
    [1] https://www.swftools.org/
    [2] https://wiki.swftools.org/wiki/Swfextract
    Last edited by Smokey Mc Pot; 02-11-2013 at 03:16 PM. Reason: accidentally a word

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nilly View Post
    That's pretty impressive that you got something to compile in 3 hours time. I'm interested in how you managed to do it.

As a side note, I've managed to make a working project file under flashbuilder using flex 4.6.0. Most of the embedded assets load up with the debug copy of the .swf but not when I try to make a release copy. I really don't know enough about actionscript to fix these problems currently. How familiar are you with actionscript and embedding files? Maybe you can help me out with my decompiled as3 source.
    Glad I can help. Yes,I'm quite familiar with AS3. Would you send me a copy of your project through PM?

Sorry for late reply, I was experiencing some internet problem.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Glad I can help. Yes,I'm quite familiar with AS3. Would you send me a copy of your project through PM?

Sorry for late reply, I was experiencing some internet problem.
    Give me a day or two to get back to you on this. I've busy with other things at the moment and haven't had the time to make a project of the current build.

Also I'll need some way of getting in contact with you (normally I do this through pm's but you'll need 20 posts for that).
    Be careful, stray too far from the pack and you'll get lost.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nilly View Post
    Give me a day or two to get back to you on this. I've busy with other things at the moment and haven't had the time to make a project of the current build.

Also I'll need some way of getting in contact with you (normally I do this through pm's but you'll need 20 posts for that).
    That's ok. You can just send me a .zip through email.