Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

Thumbs up PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASING ANYTHING ON THIS FORUM

Hello, my name is Cactuar and I run my own keyshop, but I think some of you buyers seriously need to do some research before you start throwing your money at sellers.
    I'm also surprised something similar to this thread hasn't been created by a minion or another seller.

Scammers
    Day by day I see customers be scammed out of their money, and I can't help but facepalm at people who continue to buy from a scammer in hopes of receiving their product, also at their responses.
    Since the beginning of keyselling, it's definitely been a way to make a quick buck, and MANY people are using that aspect for their advantage by scamming.
    There are legit sellers, but then there are scammers.

Scammers are a huge issue in this subforum, and many people are losing their money.

How To Spot a Scammer
    • Autobuys
    • New Accounts
    • Previous Threads
    • Low Posts (some low-posts sellers ARE legit)
    • Vouches left on thread.

Why not to trust autobuys

Autobuys are for sure a quick way to get your product, but with scammers, they don't have to do any work to steal your money.
    Autobuys have the ability to resend the advertised "legit" key (which almost every scammer implements into their "trusted" shop).
    That reason alone is why most of you buying from an autobuy are getting "CD Key in Use" or a "Banned Key" error when you try to validate them.
    Also, if the OP of the shop does not leave any way to contact them such as Skype, there is a HUGE chance it is a scam.
    I like to deal with my customers personally, so the customer won't have to feel uneasy about purchasing a key.

Why not to trust New Accounts
    The deal with new accounts being scammers is literally a 90% chance.
    The "legit seller" is on a new account to scam because either they don't want their main account to get scammed or have a bad reputation on the forum, or they saw a way to make some easy money.
    Please be wary of new accounts (previous few months or current month as their account's Date Created) claiming to sell "legit" keys.
    Also, "sellers" may be creating new accounts to give themselves vouches to look more legit, thus drawing in more users to scam.
    One more thing, if they do contact you through Skype (or vice versa), and don't respond to your messages, or respond late, and possibly go offline after you purchase your "legit" key, it might be a scam. It could also mean they are dealing with other customers, but seriously, be cautious.

Previous Threads: Why you need to check them

ALWAYS I repeat, ALWAYS check OP's previous thread.
    If they have multiple threads advertising the same service it might be a scam (it could also be they were out of time to edit the main post)
    If someone has the same thread such as a "Key Shop" and have pages upon pages of bad rep and negative feedback, AVOID THE SELLER.
    They are just trying to draw more people into buying their scam.

Why to be cautious of low posts accounts

• Not Active on Forums
    • May be a new account, with this "shop" being their first and only post

Also, "sellers" may be creating new accounts to give themselves vouches to look more legit, thus drawing in more users to scam.
    BUT, there are some legit sellers with low post, ALWAYS check the vouches to see when the vouching account was made.
    And although some of their vouches may be new users, they can also be created by the OP to attempt the make themselves look good.

How to Spot a Legit Seller
    • Good vouches.
    • Medium-High Posts (low posts can still be legit).
    • Multiple Pages of vouches
    • Active on forums regularly
    • Check their profile's visitor message for any comments saying they are a scammer and things of the like.
    • Respond to concerned customers

Before you Complain to your Seller

If your key is banned or in use, there is still a high chance that the key is from a Steam user.
    What does that mean?
    A Steam user has to just reinstall their game in order to recover the key they lost. This is probably why your key is in use if you are buying from a trusted seller (I've encountered this situation multiple times as a seller).

And before you tell them your key isn't working or is banned, take a screencap with Gyazo (or something similar to that program). With a valid time and date showing the error message you received. If no time or date is shown, it will be hard to tell if it happened during your warranty time

ALSO
    Is OP a donator? I know this doesn't matter much, but it does show they enjoy this forum and intend to stay on it. This could also mean they are a legit seller.

That is all FOR NOW (I plan on making edits on this thread if anything new needs to be added)
    PLEASE be wary and take all the measures needed before you purchase a key or service, there are tons of scammers in this forum, and you could be the next victim.
    Last edited by Cactuar; 02-20-2013 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Fixed a few things. Fixed some spelling errors.

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Cactuar For This Useful Post:

Arrxzon (02-20-2013),CaptainGameful (03-01-2013),dizzi2k4 (02-22-2013),Ekulite (02-22-2013),GoneForLunch (06-05-2013),ilovedayzz (03-22-2013),Jim (08-06-2014),[MPGH]Jim Morrison (02-22-2013),JimmieT (11-05-2013),JoeSheep (05-16-2014),koki56 (06-28-2017),LanceArmstrong (02-20-2013),NightTimeHD (02-20-2013),notmee (02-20-2013),oMzahS (02-22-2013),scsc (02-20-2013),TalamanderSmith (02-20-2013),Vaas Montenegro (02-23-2013),xCyberxx (07-21-2013)

Thanks
    Good useful information for buyers. I am a seller myself and this seems very educational for young/new buyers.
    Last edited by TalamanderSmith; 02-20-2013 at 05:29 PM.

Threadstarter
    SkidDaddy is Delusional Bro.
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by TalamanderSmith View Post
    Good useful information for buyers. I am a seller myself. If you want DayZ Keys I sell them for $2 each with a AutoBuy, but I am legit.
    This wasn't intended for you to advertise your shop on here, I'm trying to help buyers. Please go advertise somewhere else.
    Last edited by chickeninabiskit; 06-09-2013 at 10:30 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Thanks this is actually really informational even though I know this stuff but good post!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    gj, pretty good context and I've been scammed a few times earlier, if I had followed this, it never would have happened.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactuar View Post
    This wasn't intended for you to advertise your shop on here, I'm trying to help buyers. Please go advertise somewhere else.
    Well I wasnt getting on this thread to advertise, I just simply said this was some good guidelines. Then to buyers that wanted to buy, I also linked my thread. No harm done.

Threadstarter
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Well I wasnt getting on this thread to advertise, I just simply said this was some good guidelines. Then to buyers that wanted to buy, I also linked my thread. No harm done.
    I know you intended good, but it came off as a cheap way of advertising your own shop the way you worded it.
    Like I said, I'm only posting this to hopefully diminish some of the scams taking place now.
    No mean to sound rude towards you at all.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    needs to become a sticky
    100% sticky material

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arrxzon For This Useful Post:

Cactuar (02-20-2013),xCyberxx (07-21-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactuar View Post
    I know you intended good, but it came off as a cheap way of advertising your own shop the way you worded it.
    Like I said, I'm only posting this to hopefully diminish some of the scams taking place now.
    No mean to sound rude towards you at all.
    I fixed my post.

Threadstarter
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    I fixed my post.
    Alright cool, good luck with your shop.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Hmm.. I agree that this is quite a useful post to warn. Most know already who are the scammers and who aren't. I say, be mindful about who you do business with. If you can, check up on the person. Ask around about him/her;'cause you never know.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    Nice, thank you for helping out the buyers dude.
    This should get stickied if you make a few more edits. (I think I spelled it wrong lol)

Thanks
    A great post for people who are new to buying keys

Threadstarter
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by exgkiller View Post
    Nice, thank you for helping out the buyers dude.
    This should get stickied if you make a few more edits. (I think I spelled it wrong lol)
    Everything fixed should be fixed (hopefully lol)

Thanks
    Thanks, I always get scammed and I hope I don't again using these tips. But the only complaint about these tips is that there's not really a way to tell if it's a scammer selling you a keystealer :c

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast