Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Why is this thread always so empty?

Other threads regularly have 10+ viewers and tons of posts. This one seems all but completely dead.
    Is it because C# is a new language? Why is it? Is C# dead? Am I going the right way in learning C# for an all round programming language?
    I heard oracle is fucking java up , and C++ is mad frustrating. C# seems like the perfect choice to me because as soon as you download that IDE, you can just jump in and start making a cool program with buttons and everything. It's a very fun language to program in so far.
    So why does it seem like there's a mad shortage of people learning/working in C#?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    Because everyone says "C++ is awesome, itz soo hacker" so n00bs flock to it "for the mad power"
    Vb is "soo easy" that n00bs also flock to it.

Just my 2 cents I've always wondered why so many ppl are in C++ section, but never any good releases/comments. I assume that's why.

This community might be....80...95%, teenagers who just want to 'hack games' and could care less about learning to program. ?
    Last edited by abuckau907; 02-26-2013 at 07:25 PM.
    'Some things that can be counted, don't matter. And some things that matter, can't be counted' - A.E.
    --

My posts have some inaccuracies/are wrong/wrong keyword(s) used.
    They're (maybe) pretty close, and I hope they helped you, not created confusion. Take with grain of salt.

-if you give rep, please leave a comment, else it means less.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by abuckau907 View Post
    I've always wondered why so many ppl are in C++ section, but never any good releases/comments.
    At least for me, because I never finish what I start

I created a 2D game engine in C++ with SDL API which supported sprite rendering, sprite sheets, transparencies, text box systems, sprite rotation, audio support, sound effects, input polling, error logging... but I never finished and eventually was so turned off by working on it I just left it to be erased when i reformated.

My current operating system project is completely in assembly, mostly because I can't find a decent 16 bit C compiler, and the ones I do still create a hello world that is 10 kilobytes large for some reason, without even using any libraries

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

@OP: C has and will be one of the most popular languages, mostly because it is available on virtually every platform, while .NET is pretty much windows exclusive.

With C, you can create programs for microcontrollers and embedded systems with ease, but with .NET languages, well...not really

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    Agreed. I was just saying that "most ppl who visit mpgh" go to the C++ section because it's "mighty haxor language" and the other half go to vb because "it's so easy a rock could learn it". (However, I still love vb)
    Last edited by abuckau907; 02-26-2013 at 07:51 PM.
    'Some things that can be counted, don't matter. And some things that matter, can't be counted' - A.E.
    --

They're (maybe) pretty close, and I hope they helped you, not created confusion. Take with grain of salt.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    I need a mentor , can anyone help? I'm using C# and want to learn more about how to ex. send information that I gathered from somewhere to a certain domain/email adress. I want to learn more about that. Like, if I made a program that could , let's say, steal your key and send it to a domain.. Wouldn't anyone be able to decompile it and just look at the domain it's being sent to, and just check it's ip and hack it?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    I'm not sure what you want help with exactly (stealing ppl's info?!), but

"Wouldn't anyone be able to decompile it and just look at the domain it's being sent to" - YES.
    Somewhere IN THE CODE is a string of the email address you're sending to (and password?!). It takes 1 minutes to find that string.

There are ways around ofc, but why should someone help you steal? pos GL tho.
    Last edited by abuckau907; 02-26-2013 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Moral Fail...
    --

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    I'm not sure what you want help with exactly (stealing ppl's info?!), but

"Wouldn't anyone be able to decompile it and just look at the domain it's being sent to" - YES.
    Somewhere IN THE CODE is a string of the email address you're sending to (and password?!). It takes 1 minutes to find that string.

There are ways around ofc, but why should someone help you steal? pos GL tho.
    Whaa? Nono i'm not going to steal anyone's info. I have way too much guilt to do that. I want to be able to take one of the keystealers that stupid people keep posting on the forums, then decompile it and get the domain/email it's been sent to. Then, I want to be able to do something with it if it's a domain. Like, hack it and get the keys. Then give everyone the keys since I don't have DayZ on this laptop lol.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    "I'm using C# and want to learn more about how to ex. send information that I gathered from somewhere to a certain domain/email adress."
    "I want to be able to take one of the stealers... then decompile it..."
    Those 2 are very different. Anyway, good luck.

"...and just check it's ip and hack it?" - no. lol. It's an email server like gmail, and you want to 'hack it' ? No.
    Last edited by abuckau907; 02-27-2013 at 09:00 AM.
    --

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    "I'm using C# and want to learn more about how to ex. send information that I gathered from somewhere to a certain domain/email adress."
    "I want to be able to take one of the stealers... then decompile it..."
    Those 2 are very different. Anyway, good luck.

"...and just check it's ip and hack it?" - no. lol. It's an email server like gmail, and you want to 'hack it' ? No.
    "Then, I want to be able to do something with it if it's a domain. Like, hack it and get the keys" I know they're different.
    If somebody stole my key and I could see what domain it went to, there must be a way I could do something to get it back. But I guess i'll never know. Anyways thank you for your time.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    Np.

" Wouldn't anyone be able to decompile it and just look at the domain it's being sent to, and just check it's ip and hack it?" sounds like you're worried about getting caught, not catching someone else. imo.

"If somebody stole my key and I could see what domain it went to, there must be a way I could do something to get it back."
    Yes, there is (maybe?), but 'hacking into the email server' is easier said than done :/ i don't even..
    (unless the .exe has username and password saved in it..then obviously it's easy to log in)
    Assume you see 'keyhacker124@gmail.com' in the .exe --> now you're going to hack @gmail.com, afaik, no.

See ya.
    Last edited by abuckau907; 02-27-2013 at 05:55 PM.
    --

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Np.

" Wouldn't anyone be able to decompile it and just look at the domain it's being sent to, and just check it's ip and hack it?" sounds like you're worried about getting caught, not catching someone else. imo.

"If somebody stole my key and I could see what domain it went to, there must be a way I could do something to get it back."
    Yes, there is (maybe?), but 'hacking into the email server' is easier said than done :/ i don't even..
    (unless the .exe has username and password saved in it..then obviously it's easy to log in)

See ya.
    Sorry for sounding noobish I just have absolutely no clue on how that actually works. Maybe when I get better in C# I'll learn more about things being sent to what and whatnot. I just want to be able to know my stuff so I can prevent getting hacked or hacking a hacker if I ever get hacked. But I guess the best remedy is not getting hacked altough for that I already disabled my java plugin because of a blog post I read about vulnerabilities with it. If I didn't read that blog I would of never known I could get hacked/infested just by having java plugin on.

That's why I want to know more about hacks in general. On a side note, do you know of a game that I can mod with C# that doesn't require too much knowledge of the language? I've searched google but as far as i've seen barely any games use C#.