Thread: Naruto Ep. 302

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Not going to watch. I sense a filler episode.
    [] [] [] [][]

Editor from 06•14•2011 • 2014
    Donator since 09•16•2011
    Minion from 10•10•2011 • 01•06•2011
    Minion+ from 01•06•2012 • 08•08•2012
    Moderator from 08•08•2012 • 10•06•2012
    Global Moderator from 10•06•2012 • 12•05•2017
    Staff Administrator from 12•05•2017 • 05•01•2019
    Trusted Member since 07•13•2019
    Global Moderator since 09•11•2020

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sheldon Cooper View Post

I agree with you on that part, so far everything with the war has been essentially filler. I'm just waiting for Madara to come out in his OP'd glory.

Also if you're considering getting it for PS3, i'd gladly play you in it.
    Yeah i'm probably gonna pick it up for PS3. Generations was shit and should have been DLC, but UNS2 was great and from the looks of things they did a great job with this one.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Yeah i'm probably gonna pick it up for PS3. Generations was shit and should have been DLC, but UNS2 was great and from the looks of things they did a great job with this one.
    Only thing I liked about Generations was the Tournament mode and the expansive roster. If I pick it up, i'll VM you for your PSN

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Only thing I liked about Generations was the Tournament mode and the expansive roster. If I pick it up, i'll VM you for your PSN
    Yeah I adored USN2 and I bought generations before reading it, shoulda known they'd pull a CoD. I'll probably play a bit online for this one, but my doubts on characters balance(especially with ALL the tails in this one) is pretty high.
    -I'll reply

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Yeah I adored USN2 and I bought generations before reading it, shoulda known they'd pull a CoD. I'll probably play a bit online for this one, but my doubts on characters balance(especially with ALL the tails in this one) is pretty high.
    -I'll reply
    The tails aren't my main issue with the game. My issue is the same as the previous 2. The spammers. The ones that pick Deidara & Tenten & Temari and just mash Square. Super annoying.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    I suck at Naruto

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

The tails aren't my main issue with the game. My issue is the same as the previous 2. The spammers. The ones that pick Deidara & Tenten & Temari and just mash Square. Super annoying.
    Deidara's main problem was that he had super armor for his spam attacks, In other words even if you hit him first his attack still went out and pushed you away.
    tenten is easily dodgeable(at least in 2), and temari is inferior to deidara but still a problem in some regards.

Though....none of them were as broken as Ino or as frustrating as bee/kyubi-naruto/sasori/itachi in 2. Nothing more annoying then getting a guy down to half health and him having the ultimate mode optional for unavoidable attacks/god-mode. Ino had a flower bomb move in 2 that had wicked auto-tracking.

Actually, come to think of it......there was an exploit for the majority of the characters if you combined assist. I remember pein had a insta-kill with hinata/neji for quite some time.
    ----------------

I do very much enjoy the game, it is dissapointing that at the end of the day the people making it aren't fighting game devs and balance is almost always tossed aside.
    -Well w/e I buy the game for the story mode like always.

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgiiStylz View Post
    wow.. glad I haven't been watching it
    Why, the Chikira arc is fucking awesome! Just because it's filler =/= bad.

There have been plenty of cool fillers...

And it was only 6 episodes...

---------- Post added at 06:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 AM ----------

play Ultimate Ninja 3, its looking pretty good.
    I agree with you on this, I can't fucking wait for NS3.

I'm pre-ordering so I get the 5 pre-order skins and the ground day release skin as well.

I wanted to get the "Will of Fire" (collector's) edition, but I don't have enough money. Oh well.
    Last edited by scotbud123; 03-02-2013 at 11:47 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Why, the Chikira arc is fucking awesome? Just because it's filler =/= bad.

There have been plenty of cool fillers...

And it was only 6 episodes...
    I guess since I read the magna now, I don't care for the extra stuff. I understand what you mean though

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DawgiiStylz For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (03-02-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Deidara's main problem was that he had super armor for his spam attacks, In other words even if you hit him first his attack still went out and pushed you away.
    tenten is easily dodgeable(at least in 2), and temari is inferior to deidara but still a problem in some regards.

Though....none of them were as broken as Ino or as frustrating as bee/kyubi-naruto/sasori/itachi in 2. Nothing more annoying then getting a guy down to half health and him having the ultimate mode optional for unavoidable attacks/god-mode. Ino had a flower bomb move in 2 that had wicked auto-tracking.

Actually, come to think of it......there was an exploit for the majority of the characters if you combined assist. I remember pein had a insta-kill with hinata/neji for quite some time.
    ----------------

I do very much enjoy the game, it is dissapointing that at the end of the day the people making it aren't fighting game devs and balance is almost always tossed aside.
    -Well w/e I buy the game for the story mode like always.
    I got the game a few months after it's release so unfortunately I can't relate to what you're talking about But as for the assists, I do! I found a little exploit with Kirin Sasuke.

> Pick Sasuke & any two assists (Make sure one is attack)
    > Get Assist bonus
    > Knock them across the map
    > Have the assist knock them back
    > Use Kirin since it strikes directly downward
    > Unblockable since they can't move
    > ??????????????
    > Profit & Insta-win

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Honestly, I loved the shit out of Generations.

My friend bought it, and we all shared it/played together. Plus we never had 1 or 2, so this was the first one we got.

And we had a LOT of fucking fun playing it, countless hours, so honestly, multiple people playing the story, unlocking shit, doing survivals, and playing against each other. It was worth the buy for him.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

I got the game a few months after it's release so unfortunately I can't relate to what you're talking about But as for the assists, I do! I found a little exploit with Kirin Sasuke.

> Pick Sasuke & any two assists (Make sure one is attack)
    > Get Assist bonus
    > Knock them across the map
    > Have the assist knock them back
    > Use Kirin since it strikes directly downward
    > Unblockable since they can't move
    > ??????????????
    > Profit & Insta-win
    Kirin-sasuke is a strat that basically wears down shields. You can dodge the entirety of it with normal dodge if the camera doesn't screw you. The only problems this strat has is that certain characters can counter it at range or have enough mobility to dodge it. Itachi can fireball in the air for one, pain/kabuto can summon, eh its an ok strat but a one trick pony unless you play sasuke very well.
    ------------------
    @scotbud123 : Generations was shit compared to US2 for single player. The core versus was there, but the campaign was entirely absent. In UNS2, you get to have giant QTE's and fight as the kyubi among other things.(US3 has this as well).
    -The entirety of generations campaign was basically an arcade mode with the stupidest setup imaginable. Naruto has never been a "skill" game like most fighters, so when the AI gets double hp and dmg, it just becomes a stupid "well i hope this attack doesn't get super-armored" fest.
    -Also a lot of the unique moves were taken out for Generations and the maps really weren't that great.
    ----------------------------
    Don't get me wrong, its a decent anime game. But definitely not worth the price-tag and compared to the other naruto games it really didn't bring ANYTHING to the table.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Kirin-sasuke is a strat that basically wears down shields. You can dodge the entirety of it with normal dodge if the camera doesn't screw you. The only problems this strat has is that certain characters can counter it at range or have enough mobility to dodge it. Itachi can fireball in the air for one, pain/kabuto can summon, eh its an ok strat but a one trick pony unless you play sasuke very well.
    ------------------
    @scotbud123 : Generations was shit compared to US2 for single player. The core versus was there, but the campaign was entirely absent. In UNS2, you get to have giant QTE's and fight as the kyubi among other things.(US3 has this as well).
    -The entirety of generations campaign was basically an arcade mode with the stupidest setup imaginable. Naruto has never been a "skill" game like most fighters, so when the AI gets double hp and dmg, it just becomes a stupid "well i hope this attack doesn't get super-armored" fest.
    -Also a lot of the unique moves were taken out for Generations and the maps really weren't that great.
    ----------------------------
    Don't get me wrong, its a decent anime game. But definitely not worth the price-tag and compared to the other naruto games it really didn't bring ANYTHING to the table.
    Idk, every time I used that strat it worked for me. I'd win most of my matches. And as for Story-wise the Generations lacked compared to Storm 2. It was like "Oh pick Kid Naruto and re-live his battles, but give his opponent +40 attack." Storm 2 was open world and I loved the boss battle cut-scenes, although you couldn't see them since you had to be ready for the quick-time button presses

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Idk, every time I used that strat it worked for me. I'd win most of my matches. And as for Story-wise the Generations lacked compared to Storm 2. It was like "Oh pick Kid Naruto and re-live his battles, but give his opponent +40 attack." Storm 2 was open world and I loved the boss battle cut-scenes, although you couldn't see them since you had to be ready for the quick-time button presses
    Yeah I think the problem with naruto games is that they continually go back to the past for every one, which gets pretty old considering there isn't really anyone that shouldn't know this part already.

NS2 focused more on the shippudden side of naruto and did a very good job of that. Generations seemed like more of a copy-to-get-money game.
    -------------------------------

The only thing i did not like in NS2 is that you had to walk a lot. Without that, it would have been a much, much better game.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Yeah I think the problem with naruto games is that they continually go back to the past for every one, which gets pretty old considering there isn't really anyone that shouldn't know this part already.

NS2 focused more on the shippudden side of naruto and did a very good job of that. Generations seemed like more of a copy-to-get-money game.
    -------------------------------

The only thing i did not like in NS2 is that you had to walk a lot. Without that, it would have been a much, much better game.
    I didn't mind that THAT much, what really annoyed me was like.. you needed to have luck and look at bushes to get a lottery ticket. Took me like 2 weeks to get the platinum.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast