Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

The REAL sniper rifle guide.

Shalom!

This guide will talk about some of our favorite guns in the game and some of the worst gun to both the users and the people.

The sniper rifle is what I use in the Israel Defense Force, the IDF tend to use the American M40, SR-25, M24, and the M82. In some cases we use the infamous SR-99 (a more modern form the Galatz; real name Galil Tzalafim: a sniper form of the IWI Galil assault rifle) or even the modern version of the Mauser K98.

Anyways, back to the guide. The sniper rifle in Combat Arms tend to be very deadly and known for it 'one shot kill' not all rifles are known to be that and thus some people tend to use the actual one shot kill rifles.

This guide will not cover the NX weapons nor mods for the guns.

There is two classes:
    Long Range Rifles-Design for long range kills.
    Squad Rifles-Design for working with a squad at close or medium combat.

Long Rang Rifle-L96A1

The L96A1 is created in the United Kingdom around 1982, however the name AWP, or AWM is wrong, the AWM or AWP is the upgraded rifle made in the 1990s (I think 1996 or 97).
    The real name of the L96A1 is Accuracy International Arctic Warfare (AIAW) or better known as the Accuracy International PM (Precision Marksman) rifle.
    The rifle is very known in video games such as Counter-Strike and Combat Arms. In CA, the rifle in known as alway as a one hit kill weapon, the rifle flaw is the bolt action system in the rifle, slowing the user down as he/she use the pulled the bolt back, then forward, and last locking it to the side. The rifle, is infamously use by both hackers and thus often use by pros and noobs a like. There is a infamous way to use the rifle at close range. Called 'Quick Switching.' I found this in CS, a lot of times.

What you do is very simple, unless you can move very fast. Your goal is to take the enemy out before he can get a few bullets to you. Try this at medium and long range, then practice a little closer. What you wants to, is switch to your side arm, or if you have another primary. What you wants to do, is have a sniper rifle and an SMG. After, switching between them. Push Q, you'll see that your dude or chick. Move back to the weapon, what you wants to do, is be in scope, when your fire. Push Q two times and then the right as once. The reload animation will 'skip' and thus allowing you to fired a few more times at the person.

Another way is 'quick scoping' merely pushing the fire and right click at the same time, allowing you to shoot quickly in close area. But again, practice a few times at medium to long range then get a little closer.

Also do not move a lot, or at all. Sense the rifle tend to be all miss-miss around that area. Also notes, the weapon have a small clip and the ROF is very slow. Not very good at all at CQC unless again, you're a hacker or a pro.

Squad Rifle-SR-25 (Ironic name)
    The SR-25 is one of the Israel Defense Force popular weapon, the SR-25 is a United States weapon also known as the Stoner Rifle, the rifle is base off the CAR-25 (AR-15) rifle. The rifle is often use as a squad rifle then a long range rifle, the rifle is use commonly in urban area due to the small and light size the rifle have. In Combat Arms, it is one of the cheapest sniper rifle in the game, it perfect for medium and maybe short range combat, it is design for these kind of combats. However, the rifle is a little inaccurate then the long range rifle and it also does less stopping power. However, because of it good rate of fire, allow the user. If miss the few shots, to hit a moving target. The pros of this weapon of is medium/close combat reliability and the good rate of fire. However, the small clip and damage might throw some people off. However, the gun is automatic..

Long Range-M24
    The M24 is created in 1988 as the United States primary sniper rifle in the United States Army, the rifle is known for it deadly long range kill and perfect marksmanship under the user of the United States Army, the M24 is use in the Israel Defense Force and proven itself in battles. (I personally use this rifle and I love it. :P) The rifle in Combat Arms, is known to be the most accurate gun in the game, sadly the gun lack the firepower and thus the gun of reduce damage. The gun run like 'AWP' allowing the user to again to use the quick switch option the gun. Is one of the cheapest gun in the game, the faster reload, bolt operation, and pure accuracy make this gun a favorite among pros, who like it for it higher headshot counts.

Squad Rifle-SVD
    Hail Motherland! Many Communist and Russian members of this community will just grew a boner over this rifle (joking :P). The rifle real name is: Snayperskaya Vintovka Dragunova, meaning: Dragunov sniper rifle. This is one of the most used sniper rifle in human history, made all over the world commonly in the ex-USSR and the former Warsaw Pact nations such as Poland and East Germany. China and North Korea create it own SVD, the rifle is made around the early 1960 to get rid of the Soviet pride the Mosin-Nagant rifle. The SVD is known to be a little heavy but useful in combat. In Combat Arms, the rifle is known to be the second most damage semi-automatic rifle in the game as well as the most heavy. However, what make this baby stand out is the scope. The scope is the the PSO-1 scope use by the Russian and former Warsaw Pact sniper rifles. The rifle is a good rifle, it slow the player down. But great for medium or close range combat. (See SR-25)

Squad Rifle/Long Range
    MSG-90 or known in real life as:The PSG1 (Präzisionsscharfschützengewehr, German for "precision sharpshooter rifle"),The MSG90 is a militarized variant of the PSG1, the rifle is created after the horrible Munich massacre, where Israeli athletes and coaches was killed in West Germany at the Olympic when terrorists held them hostages, almost all of them are killed because of the German police due to weapons and training failure. The rifle is just like the SR-25, just semi-automatic and a little more accurate. Nothing much, I personally thinks this gun is a waste of both GP and Nexon just threw this weapon in. I put as both, because it design for longer range then others but at the same time can be use as a squad weapon. Just never buy this gun.
    >>:
    Long Range/Squad-PSG1 (See above)
    Compared to the Dragunov SVD, the most powerful semi-auto SR up to this point, the PSG-1 has higher power and lower recoil but also has less Portability and slightly less accuracy. It is known to it high power by much slower ROF and ammo per clip. However. this gun should not be confuse as the sniper rifle above me.

Questions or comments are nice, just post them. However, rude comments and lame remarks will just get you nowhere. :3

Any personal questions or you just want to tell me that I have no friends and I get pick on. Please feel free to PM me.

Oh, and feel free to thanks a lad. Who put me on his UBER NOOB LIST.

I feel so proud.

Thanks Obama; who will edit the guide due to my failure to grasp English.

SMG GUIDE:
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/186-genera...smg_guide.html
    Last edited by Mouzie; 06-22-2009 at 05:28 AM.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mouzie For This Useful Post:

czudej (07-13-2009),DemonMonkey (06-22-2009),Ghty82 (07-16-2009),hoodedsonny1 (06-22-2009),igualktu (07-21-2009),snotpig (07-16-2009),superstar0017 (08-10-2009),weaselm01 (06-24-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    I love your Sniper guide it's very detailed and I actually learned something, You did a great job and you SHOULD feel proud for such an excellent job.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Thanks, the MSG-90 was hard to make, sense it is pretty useless and just a waste of a sniper rifle.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mouzie For This Useful Post:

DemonMonkey (06-22-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Personally that would be the only thing I disagree on, It's a two shot kill but it's a semi auto so sometimes it can be pretty kick-ass.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouzie View Post
    Thanks, the MSG-90 was hard to make, sense it is pretty useless and just a waste of a sniper rifle.
    that's your opinion any bets I could rape your ass with it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by legendaryhack View Post
    that's your opinion any bets I could rape your ass with it
    I didn't mean the rifle sucks itself, it pretty much the same as the PGS1 rifle, just weaker.

I just feel that the rifle is useless, the military version should have longer range and able to kill better then the police version. :P

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Exactly where I stand brah.

Haha btw I ain't a Choob no more!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    I will plan to make a assault rifle guide, soon. :3

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    lol don't make it like mine brah.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Interesting guide

I think this will be useful to me for more then combat arms

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    L96A1 for the win baby
    Using it as shotgun rules
    Its a good way to evade the "OMG shooty noob, Im gonna cry cuz I suck and you kicked my ass with a shotgun" coments -.-
    A sinner once, a sinner twice!! No need for confession now...

There is no sweet salvation
    Your soul belongs to me
    A screaming pain for redemption
    My angels watch you bleed

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Excellant guide.
    This is how you make a guide, read it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by thinkyo View Post
    Excellant guide.
    This is how you make a guide, read it.
    lol, yep. If i could rate it liek youtube. It would be 5/5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ad litteram View Post
    L96A1 for the win baby
    Using it as shotgun rules
    Its a good way to evade the "OMG shooty noob, Im gonna cry cuz I suck and you kicked my ass with a shotgun" coments -.-
    its a lot different than a shotty in a way. for one, the range is vastly reduced and much slower ROF. Unless you can no scope even more beaslty than i can, then i have nothing more to say

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    L96a1 is terrible for no scoping... use the m24 for that.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    dam nice guide gj man!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast