Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Hacking and Scripting

I'm going to start off with a simple question.

Why do you hack and/or script?

This has been a question that I have wondered for years. Whether the hackers were from a free MMO or, more recently, DayZ and ArmA 2 it has always intrigued me as to why people hack and script.

I've been off DayZ for a few months now and instead have been playing some Takistan Life on a very good server. We occasionally have a scripter that destroys the server some way (spawning a bunch of cars/nuking) which usually results in a restart. Then we have the weapon/vehicle spawners and money dupers. For obvious reasons a weapon spawner doesn't create the same amount of "grief" on a Takistan Life server as he would on a DayZ server. This brings me to my next question.

Is the reason why hackers are more prevalent on DayZ servers because more "grief" is caused when the hacking occurs? I've played on DayZ and Takistan Life for about the same amount of time now. I have encountered, by far, more hackers on DayZ. I do wonder if it's because DayZ is more popular or just because it causes more "grief".

TL;DR: Is hacking only done to induce "grief" or something else?

Thanks
    Lots of the time its based on someone's mood. I started so I could control the game lobby's I'm in. Works well and gives me a laugh when someone doesn't have an advanced menu. Not everyone has to be aiming for grief but it does seem like the majority do. I like to personally make hacking impossible for other hackers if they cause any problems in those lobby's.

Thanks
    Wasteland is easier to hack, due to the lack of filters (which is what makes some scripts get blocked/get you kicked) and because Wasteland is over all more popular, or at least more people play it now. Just take a look at the Wasteland servers then look at the DayZ servers... you'll see they're obviously much more populated, at least last time I checked.

Plus some RE (not naming) use code from DayZ thus will not work in regular ArmA2OA (or wasteland, takistan ect) , and a few people say making RE in regular ArmA2OA is a hard thing, and is kept very secret. I myself don't know if that's true for sure, but I haven't seen a "new" RE for normal ArmA2OA in a while.

And griefing... well I would argue it's better in Wasteland due to global and side chat, which isn't found in all of DayZ and it seems people just have a mic more often in Wasteland. Plus a lot of people use Skype/TS3 to talk in DayZ so they won't talk in direct, at all. Other than that really they aren't too different, but just with the higher amount of players in Wasteland I would say it's better for griefing.

And hacking is done for many reasons, some just like to code and some want to expand their skills through hacking but for the most part yeah... we just do it to piss people off. Me personally I do it to piss people off and to meet new cool people and learn more about coding, and I've succeeded at doing all of those.

Also I now realize maybe you were trolling when you asked "Whether the hackers were from a free MMO or DayZ / ArmA 2" and plus the whole asking of why people hack is kind of an obvious question unless you're entirely ignorant of the idea... oh well.
    Last edited by Loganater23; 03-07-2013 at 08:14 PM.

Thanks
    I don't mean to sound like a complete ass, But why are you here if you're not interested in hacking the game? We aren't your test subjects and we shouldn't have to answer any of your stupid questions.
    Want to learn how to customize your own menu's/write your own scripts? Check out my sticky in the help section
    Or click this link -
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/696-dayz-h...nto-menus.html
    Quote Originally Posted by typh0 View Post
    the only person that can ban you, is the big chief mr battleye himself. no admin or hacker or player can do this. In addition to this the big chief mr battleye will ban you based on the bypasser you're using NOT what scripts you are using.

Thanks
    I've been killed a lot by hacking, so I did it to be at level it's fun at the same time also.

MPGH Staff History:
    Minion: 02-12-2013 - 6-28-2013
    Former Staff: 6-28-2013 - 7-14-2014
    Minion: 7-14-2014 - 1-3-2015
    Minion+: 1-3-2015 - 6-1-2015
    Moderator: 6-1-2015 - 10-2-2016
    Global Moderator: 10-2-2016 - Current

Current Sections:
    DayZ Mod & Standalone Hacks & Cheats
    BattleOn Games Hacks, Cheats & Trainers
    Minecraft Hacks
    Other Semi-Popular First Person Shooter Hacks
    Blackshot Hacks & Cheats
    Need For Speed World Hacks
    Other First Person Shooter Hacks
    CounterStrike: Global Offensive Hacks
    Garry's Mod Hacks & Cheats

Donating:
    If you want to donate money to me I take Bitcoin & Paypal, PM me for either of these if you're interested and thanks.
    Top Donators: (Awesome People)
    FanticSteal $75.00
    smurf_master $58.00 <- Best DayZ Gear Seller
    Fujiyama $25.00
    [MPGH]Black $10.00
    [MPGH]Hova $10.00
    xJudgez $4.54
    [MPGH]Normen's Sheep $3.50
    eminemlover $1.50

Brony?
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/groups/1728-mpgh-bronies.html

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by darkangel1 View Post
    I don't mean to sound like a complete ass, But why are you here if you're not interested in hacking the game? We aren't your test subjects and we shouldn't have to answer any of your stupid questions.
    I consider myself an amateur psychologist and am interested in seeing as to why people deliberately tamper with others games.

From the replies so far and my own research it appears that this community is much different than your everyday hacker.

I've seen well though out and easy to read responses in this thread. What I usually see from normal hackers are the "stay mad ****** lol xD" kinda stuff. They tend to be <15 years of age.

I am not a troll. I'm genuinely interested in the mindset of some of the most hated people on the internet. I've studied neo-nazis, actual "ruin your life" hackers and even pedophiles. I would like to add game hackers to that list and see if I come up with any similarities to my previous subjects.
    Last edited by FinnTheHuman; 03-07-2013 at 11:09 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnTheHuman View Post
    I consider myself an amateur psychologist and am interested in seeing as to why people deliberately tamper with others games.

From the replies so far and my own research it appears that this community is much different than you're everyday hacker.

I've seen well though out and easy to read responses in this thread. What I usually see from normal hackers are the "stay mad ****** lol xD" kinda stuff. They tend to be >15 years of age.

I am not a troll. I'm genuinely interested in the mindset of some of the most hated people on the internet. I've studied neo-nazis, actual "ruin your life" hackers and even pedophiles. I would like to add game hackers to that list and see if I come up with any similarities to my previous subjects.
    Before you become a amateur psychologist you might want to learn the difference between "you're" and "your". Yeah I know grammar nazi but still... if you can't bother to research the difference between you're and your, I doubt you can be bothered with the research of the human mind. Unless you just REALLY don't give a fuck about small things in grammar.

Also I don't really understand what you mean by the mindset, it's quite simple. We do it to fuck with someone, or we do it to learn, or to help, it's kind of like government in a way if you think about it. Especially the wanting of power part, which is also a reason some of us hack.

But I suppose if you want to go really deep go for it... but like I said I don't think you are going to do it asking such obvious questions and having such small and silly grammar mistakes. And also doing the whole >15 years of age thing, which by the way if you are using the > in a code type of way it would be <15 years of age, but it's also silly to assume someone is 15 years old... you can have the maturity of everyone in the world and still just let it go sometimes, which would in fact make you more mature, to some people.

And last of all, hackers aren't really that hated. I mean sure some people don't like us but compared to "true hackers" or people who actually fuck with you... we're just annoyances to people. Nothing more.

Thanks
    To the normal person looking in from the outside they would think nothing of hackers but from the perspective of the gaming communities, hackers are the scourge of the earth.

As for the <15 portion or my statement, I was just pointing out similarities I noticed from the hackers I came across.

I think I'm able to profile a typical DayZ/ArmA 2 hacker: 12-17 years of age, upper middle class, male, unsocial, and an average intelligence.

All of this information is from what I've collected from several interviews via Skype calls and logs. This does not necessarily represent the whole hacking community.

Quote Originally Posted by Loganater23 View Post
    it's kind of like government in a way if you think about it
    I find it interesting that you compared the hacking community to a government.

Thanks
    To the normal person looking in from the outside they would think nothing of hackers but from the perspective of the gaming communities, hackers are the scourge of the earth.

As for the <15 portion or my statement, I was just pointing out similarities I noticed from the hackers I came across.

I think I'm able to profile a typical DayZ/ArmA 2 hacker: 12-17 years of age, upper middle class, male, unsocial, and an average intelligence.

All of this information is from what I've collected from several interviews via Skype calls and logs. This does not necessarily represent the whole hacking community.

I find it interesting that you compared the hacking community to a government.
    Ah, yeah even I'll be honest and say a lot of coders and hackers are rather young. Why? No clue, there could be plenty of reasons, but that's your job Mr.Psychologist, to figure out.

Also I highly disagree with your typical DayZ/ArmA 2 hacker thing, well actually I don't never mind. I just now realized you did say AVERAGE. But then again me generally being very critical of everyone's intelligence and reasoning on a hacking forum (go figure) I could be the wrong person to tell you this. And also being someone who generally thinks most MPGH users are of average if not low intelligence... sorry MPGH.

And, really us hackers are the scourge of the earth... I mean we are just playing a video game, it's kind of easy to be the scourge. But we obviously aren't the worst, there's also Ddosers and "true hackers". But for the most part, and for the fact there are so many of us, we really are. But that doesn't mean anything other than people are just generally dis-tasteful of us hacking in their game, but of course they are.

So last of all, and again about your profile of the average hacker, I think you've got all of those about correct except for the unsocial part, I mean it really depends on what you consider being unsocial, most would consider me unsocial because I don't do a lot of socializing outside of the internet... but is that really reason to not call it socializing? If anything I would say being social on the internet is one of the better places to be social, because here people WILL and CAN speak their minds, and I think that's a great thing, plus there's a lot more talking and generally listening to than in real life. That and women in real life are scary to talk to.

Thanks
    Look OP, The point is,
    1.Everyone is different in their own way(s).
    2.You may find similarities between some of us, But in the end, We are all different.
    3.Some of us enjoy doing this because it's what we're interested in, (computers and how they work, Server architecture, what affects it, etc, I'm not going to list everything..)
    End of story... Now, With that being said, kindly gtfo, and have a nice day.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Also, Just because we tamper with games, Doesn't mean we are <15 years old. People who hack/cheat can be of any age/social group/ethnicity.
    Want to learn how to customize your own menu's/write your own scripts? Check out my sticky in the help section
    Or click this link -
    the only person that can ban you, is the big chief mr battleye himself. no admin or hacker or player can do this. In addition to this the big chief mr battleye will ban you based on the bypasser you're using NOT what scripts you are using.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Time. Saves a LOT of time.

I could go the legit way and take hours to get myself an AS50, ghillie suit and major provisions. I've done it. But why do it again?
    DayZ seems to be more of a walking simulator. 98% walking across the map, 2 % action (Killing/getting killed)
    So why not take a step ahead and speed this up a little?

Oh, and wasteland. TKers gets me mad so the kick script/evil scripts come in handy.

Thanks
    Look OP, The point is,
    1.Everyone is different in their own way(s).
    2.You may find similarities between some of us, But in the end, We are all different.
    3.Some of us enjoy doing this because it's what we're interested in, (computers and how they work, Server architecture, what affects it, etc, I'm not going to list everything..)
    End of story... Now, With that being said, kindly gtfo, and have a nice day.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Also, Just because we tamper with games, Doesn't mean we are <15 years old. People who hack/cheat can be of any age/social group/ethnicity.
    I do believe you would be one of the OP's "average hackers", you missed the point entirely... I mean sure that's all true what you said, but it really isn't the point.

Also why tell him to gtfo? It's a fairly interesting thing to think about, and maybe we can learn something from it. But probably not, either way it's still interesting and fun.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loganater23 View Post
    I do believe you would be one of the OP's "average hackers", you missed the point entirely... I mean sure that's all true what you said, but it really isn't the point.

Also why tell him to gtfo? It's a fairly interesting thing to think about, and maybe we can learn something from it. But probably not, either way it's still interesting and fun.
    Told him to gtfo because it's the internet, I could care less about what you label me as. You seem just as ignorant as the fool who created the post. In fact, I wouldn't even call it a stretch to say you did, But hey, I won't make assumptions, You're both idiots in my book.
    Or click this link -

Somewhere where you obviously want to know.
    Thanks
    I started to hack because once a guy called 'Dog' ran up to me in a Dog transformation and gave me equipment, food and transport. I wanted to do the same, and now I do.

Thanks
    Told him to gtfo because it's the internet, I could care less about what you label me as. You seem just as ignorant as the fool who created the post. In fact, I wouldn't even call it a stretch to say you did, But hey, I won't make assumptions, You're both idiots in my book.
    This is a great example of how my profile of a typical DayZ/ArmA 2 hacker would speak and act i.e. not caring what other people think of them and insulting others.

You're only reinforcing the stereotype.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast