Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Computer problem and random conversation topic!

Yo guys. I know this isn't a forum for computer help, but I know a lot of you are pretty damn good with them, considering the site's for hacking, coding, etc. Plus, I knew that here, I would get the fastest response.

So here's my problem, if anyone knows how to fix it: When I start up my computer, it will show all the normal startup stuff until it gets to the login screen. Right there, the screen goes completely black. First time it happened, I checked everything with my monitor, but nothing was wrong with it. It was plugged in to the wall for power and plugged into the computer as far as it would go. It even said it was receiving signal from said computer. So I shut down my computer with the power button and started it up in safe mode.. and it worked fine. Safe mode showed no sign of anything out of the ordinary.. except for the basic safe mode features, of course. So, thinking that maybe having launched it in safe mode will have fixed it, (as something similar has happened before, and safe mode did indeed fix it then) I restarted my computer in normal mode. It did the same thing. I should probably mention that this started happening after my computer froze up while playing a game. I had waited a few minutes for it to recover, but it didn't so I just shut it down and waited a while until I started it back up. That's when my problems started.

If anyone can give me a suggestion or a fix, that'd be great.

If not, here's the random conversation topic for today: "If you were told you could get together a full team and have whatever voice actors you want for any type of game you want to make, what game would you make, what voice actors would you choose, and why?"

Favorite quotes:
    "Revenge solves everything."
    -Dishonored

"Imagine a future where we won't be living in the past. I'd be flipping birds like a chicken breast on a spatula."
    -George Watsky

"Survival is overrated. I wanna live a little, too."
    -Celeste, from Mirror's Edge

"History is written by the victor. And history is filled with liars."
    -Captain John Price, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

Somewhere where you obviously want to know.
    Thanks
    Perhaps your OS is causing the problem?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by KidoThe View Post
    Perhaps your OS is causing the problem?
    Perhaps. But my question isn't "What's causing this?", it's more like "How can I get rid of this?"

Favorite quotes:
    -Dishonored

"Imagine a future where we won't be living in the past. I'd be flipping birds like a chicken breast on a spatula."
    -George Watsky

Thanks
    Format your Hard Drive and re-install the OS. It's what happened to me and that resolved it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Format your Hard Drive and re-install the OS. It's what happened to me and that resolved it.
    Hm.. that sounds like a plan. Before I go to my dad and tell him I need to re-install Windows, though, did you ever find out what the EXACT cause is? If I don't tell him, he'll just assume I got a virus because I'm a moron. He always does.

Favorite quotes:
    -Dishonored

-George Watsky

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunz5456 View Post
    Hm.. that sounds like a plan. Before I go to my dad and tell him I need to re-install Windows, though, did you ever find out what the EXACT cause is? If I don't tell him, he'll just assume I got a virus because I'm a moron. He always does.
    Ok. What exactly happens? Does it come up with the window where the small specs of light are supposed to make the windows logo in some animation? The window before the login page. Tell me the exact moment and what you see.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Ok. What exactly happens? Does it come up with the window where the small specs of light are supposed to make the windows logo in some animation? The window before the login page. Tell me the exact moment and what you see.
    The windows logo animation happens normally while the OS loads up. When it's done loading, it goes completely black where the login screen would be. I hear the sounds and stuff, and can login without actually seeing, but I literally see nothing but black on the screen, although my monitor says it has signal and power.

Favorite quotes:
    -Dishonored

-George Watsky

Thanks
    The windows logo animation happens normally while the OS loads up. When it's done loading, it goes completely black where the login screen would be. I hear the sounds and stuff, and can login without actually seeing, but I literally see nothing but black on the screen, although my monitor says it has signal and power.
    Do you by chance have any other monitors around? What new hardware have you installed and please list your specs fully.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sick
    Yo guys. I know this isn't a forum for computer help, but I know a lot of you are pretty damn good with them, considering the site's for hacking, coding, etc. Plus, I knew that here, I would get the fastest response.

So here's my problem, if anyone knows how to fix it: When I start up my computer, it will show all the normal startup stuff until it gets to the login screen. Right there, the screen goes completely black. First time it happened, I checked everything with my monitor, but nothing was wrong with it. It was plugged in to the wall for power and plugged into the computer as far as it would go. It even said it was receiving signal from said computer. So I shut down my computer with the power button and started it up in safe mode.. and it worked fine. Safe mode showed no sign of anything out of the ordinary.. except for the basic safe mode features, of course. So, thinking that maybe having launched it in safe mode will have fixed it, (as something similar has happened before, and safe mode did indeed fix it then) I restarted my computer in normal mode. It did the same thing. I should probably mention that this started happening after my computer froze up while playing a game. I had waited a few minutes for it to recover, but it didn't so I just shut it down and waited a while until I started it back up. That's when my problems started.

If anyone can give me a suggestion or a fix, that'd be great.

If not, here's the random conversation topic for today: "If you were told you could get together a full team and have whatever voice actors you want for any type of game you want to make, what game would you make, what voice actors would you choose, and why?"
    To be honest, it could be a number of things. More than likely, formatting and reinstalling would be your best bet. I have heard of corrupt RAM causing delayed black screens. It could also be your graphics card. Just ideas though. Trial and error. Replace one thing, if it doesn't work, then try another.
    Last edited by chickeninabiskit; 03-08-2013 at 10:58 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Yes reinstalling OS is your bets bet.
    If I helped you in any way don't be greedy to give me thanks
    If you want receive a cookie then click this link

[IMG]https://i439.photobucke*****m/albums/qq120/jshmoe12/Hacker-1.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://i1263.photobucke*****m/albums/ii636/ArctikRanqe1/34473.png[/IMG][IMG]https://i1166.photobucke*****m/albums/q610/predator99/WarfaceRifleman.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://i1263.photobucke*****m/albums/ii636/ArctikRanqe1/45918.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://i723.photobucke*****m/albums/ww231/Capz-Lok/Userbar-Vista.png[/IMG]

[img]https://www.danasof*****m/sig/149942.jpg[/img]

100 [✔]
    250 [X]
    500 [X]
    1000 [X]
    1337 [X]
    2000 [X]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chickeninabiskit View Post
    To be honest, it could be a number of things. More than likely, formatting and reinstalling would be your best bet. I have heard of corrupt RAM causing delayed screens. It could also be your graphics card. Just ideas though. Trial and error. Replace one thing, if it doesn't work, then try another.
    That's why need a full list of his specs.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Do you by chance have any other monitors around? What new hardware have you installed and please list your specs fully.
    Well I don't see the point in listing all of my specs, since the only possible causes are graphics card, processor, or OS. (That much I already knew before making the thread.)
    Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS
    CPU / Processor: Pentium Dual-Core CPU @ 2.60GHz
    RAM: 4GB

EDIT: Forgot to put down before that I haven't installed any new hardware at all since my latest installation of Windows 7.
    EDIT 2: Added my RAM.
    Last edited by Gunz5456; 03-08-2013 at 11:02 AM.

Favorite quotes:
    -Dishonored

-George Watsky

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Did you get the problems with new computer? Did you or your dad installed OS? Did the computer worked normally before? Is OS legit or torrented?
    If I helped you in any way don't be greedy to give me thanks
    If you want receive a cookie then click this link

[IMG]https://i439.photobucke*****m/albums/qq120/jshmoe12/Hacker-1.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://i1263.photobucke*****m/albums/ii636/ArctikRanqe1/34473.png[/IMG][IMG]https://i1166.photobucke*****m/albums/q610/predator99/WarfaceRifleman.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://i1263.photobucke*****m/albums/ii636/ArctikRanqe1/45918.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://i723.photobucke*****m/albums/ww231/Capz-Lok/Userbar-Vista.png[/IMG]

[img]https://www.danasof*****m/sig/149942.jpg[/img]

100 [✔]
    250 [X]
    500 [X]
    1000 [X]
    1337 [X]
    2000 [X]

Thanks
    Format your pc maybe :B

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sick
    Well I don't see the point in listing all of my specs, since the only possible causes are graphics card, processor, or OS. (That much I already knew before making the thread.)
    Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS
    CPU / Processor: Pentium Dual-Core CPU @ 2.60GHz

EDIT: Forgot to put down before that I haven't installed any new hardware at all since my latest installation of Windows 7.
    RAM could be causing the problem too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast