Thread: Work out

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vice-Versa View Post
    At MMA, they made us jog for about 20-30 min. After that, we had to fireman carry each other, followed by picking people up from the back of their knees. Then we went on to really MMA stuff. Only problem is you need another person about your size.
    I can see why Josh thinks your training for MMA to rape people..

Thanks
    Here's what I do at home, and I do this every other day.
    -Bicep Curls
    -Hammer Curls
    -Tricep Dips
    -Pushups Wide (chest) and close (tricep)
    -Crunches
    -Side to side crunches (sideabs)
    -Situps
    -Leg raises
    -Inverted planking (something I do myself, idk if it exists, I just sit on my butt with my back and legs in the air straining my abs.)
    -Alternating Deltoid Raise
    -Back Flys

And that's about it. I don't do leg workouts cuz I have track in school everyday.

But ontopic, get yourself some weights, they are really cheap to be honest.
    Last edited by Woods; 04-11-2013 at 04:33 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to crex For This Useful Post:

Paralyze (04-12-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggles <3 View Post
    I can see why Josh thinks your training for MMA to rape people..
    Funny part is that day we learned some takedowns.
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vice-Versa View Post

Funny part is that day we learned some takedowns.
    Now, whenever I see some creepy brown dodge van, with a 40 year old in the driving seat, and all the windows in the back blacked out, I'll think of you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    you won't get muscle doing any of that lol. you want muscle you have to hit the weights and do more than your own weight. otherwise you will just be getting tone. eat at least 3000 calories a day and try for 150g of protein, hit the weights and do as much as you possibly can. work outs shouldn't last more than 30 minutes or you're taking too many breaks. dont do cardio. that's pretty much the basic fundamentals of gaining muscle from scratch. you can do ur little pussy pushups and what not at home for an hour and drink ur milk but im tellin u right now u wont gain muscle. especially if ur skinny like me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by k0mrade View Post
    you won't get muscle doing any of that lol. you want muscle you have to hit the weights and do more than your own weight. otherwise you will just be getting tone. eat at least 3000 calories a day and try for 150g of protein, hit the weights and do as much as you possibly can. work outs shouldn't last more than 30 minutes or you're taking too many breaks. dont do cardio. that's pretty much the basic fundamentals of gaining muscle from scratch. you can do ur little pussy pushups and what not at home for an hour and drink ur milk but im tellin u right now u wont gain muscle. especially if ur skinny like me.
    "Don't do cardio"
    You obviously don't know what the fuck you're talking about. ALWAYS do cardio, no matter what you're aiming for. Better circulation and blood supply=more power to your muscles and better endurance. Also, never do more than your own weight. Lots of low weight reps builds far more muscle than a few heavy ones.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

"Don't do cardio"
    You obviously don't know what the fuck you're talking about. ALWAYS do cardio, no matter what you're aiming for. Better circulation and blood supply=more power to your muscles and better endurance. Also, never do more than your own weight. Lots of low weight reps builds far more muscle than a few heavy ones.
    if you're skinny and you only want to put on muscle don't do cardio. To truly bulk muscle you have to do more than your own weight, if you do low weight you're only toning. I actually know what I'm talking about and I'll gladly start citing sources if you want to continue this argument.
    Last edited by k0mrade; 04-11-2013 at 04:29 PM.

Thanks

if you're skinny and you want to put on muscle don't do cardio. To truly bulk muscle you have to do more than your own weight, if you do low weight you're only toning. I actually know what I'm talking about and I'll gladly start citing sources if you want to continue this argument.

You're about to get stomped on by the all mighty foot of @Aborted.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    hope you get to your goal

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggles <3 View Post
    You're about to get stomped on by the all mighty foot of @Aborted.
    your opinion isn't needed.

Thanks

your opinion isn't needed.

Not an opinion. It's fact.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

if you're skinny and trying to put on muscle don't do cardio. To truly bulk muscle you have to do more than your own weight, if you do low weight you're only toning. I actually know what I'm talking about and I'll gladly start citing sources if you want to continue this argument.
    I've never lifted more than my own weight during my normal workouts, as it is simply not going to build muscle. Repetitions of moderate weight urge the body to release lactic acid into your muscles, which in turn builds mass. Lifting incredibly heavy weights just a few times does not do that. Also, pushups are some of the best upper arm and pectoral group workouts, if done in the right numbers. This is coming from me, who has been lifting weights for almost 7 years. Cite all the sources you want, though I doubt you can.
    You were seeking love.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Without a diet change or a supplement diet and no access to weights youll only be able achieve lean muscle tone and gain. Thats not bad though, but bulking fast requires increase in proteins and smart carbs, along with consistent weight and cardio training. You can try starting the week with upper body training, lower body training, cardio, and finish off with more upper body.

Check out bodybuilding forums for some simple workout. If you want a mild build thats focused on leaning muscle with mild gain over time then check out the allpro 5 day cycle workout.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

Paralyze (04-12-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

I've never lifted more than my own weight during my normal workouts, as it is simply not going to build muscle. Repetitions of moderate weight urge the body to release lactic acid into your muscles, which in turn builds mass. Lifting incredibly heavy weights just a few times does not do that. Also, pushups are some of the best upper arm and pectoral group workouts, if done in the right numbers. This is coming from me, who has been lifting weights for almost 7 years. Cite all the sources you want, though I doubt you can.
    If you are skinny, to lift more than your weight you dont need to lift incredibly heavy weights. I'm 130 lbs which is skinny and lifting more than 130lbs would be considered moderate to most weight lifters. It is a fact that in order to truly bulk muscle as a mesomorph you should be lifting at least your own weight most of the time doing as much as you can in 3 sets of 10 reps each (if you have trouble finishing the last few reps of a set then you know your doing enough), and you don't need to be doing cardio except for maybe once a week to keep endurance because you would only be burning calories which as a mesomorph you need all the calories you can get. Pushups can be a great workout if done right but the thing is if you only do pushups and that's it (no weights) you're going to have a really hard time putting on muscle. These are my points, I believe I have clearly made them. If you disagree I would like to know why.
    Last edited by k0mrade; 04-11-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

If you are skinny, to lift more than your weight you dont need to lift incredibly heavy weights. I'm 130 lbs which is skinny and lifting more than 130lbs would be considered moderate to most weight lifters. It is a fact that in order to truly bulk muscle as a mesomorph you should be lifting at least your own weight most of the time, and you don't need to be doing cardio except for maybe once a week to keep endurance because you would only be burning calories which as a mesomorph you need all the calories you can get. Pushups can be a great workout if done right but the thing is if you only do pushups and that's it (no weights) you're going to have a really hard time putting on muscle. These are my points, I believe I have clearly made them. If you disagree I would like to know why.
    I must disagree on the grounds that is depends on your weight. What is "moderate" to one person may be different for others, all dependent upon their own body weight. The human body can't tell the difference between using 30% of your muscle, and 90%. Therefore, using a moderate weight such as one 30lb dumbell per arm, will build more muscle due to increased lactic acid flow, as opposed to a few high mass lifts. You should indeed be able to lift your own weight, but using it as a normal routine is not as efficient as repetition.
    What builds more muscles – weight or repetitions? – The Chart - CNN.com Blogs
    You were seeking love.
    Its name is Silence..

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Aborted For This Useful Post:

Paralyze (04-12-2013)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast