Thread: Is Jesus a God?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Well, the bible is a conflicting and confusing POS.

Is Jesus God?

Some parts say yes, some say no, welcome to the bible.
    All explained in the trinity, hence why it seems conflicting, because you haven't actually read the bible

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    All explained in the trinity, hence why it seems conflicting, because you haven't actually read the bible
    Well that depends if you're Catholic or Orthodox. One of the believes that god and Jesus and the holy spirit are one, one believes they are separate.

Thanks
    Well that depends if you're Catholic or Orthodox. One of the believes that god and Jesus and the holy spirit are one, one believes they are separate.
    And that's why parsecting religion is so stupid. The Bible has so many verses in it about the Holy Trinity and that Jesus was a part of the Holy Trinity, that there is no contest for it (in religious terms). The first clue is when God says in the Book of Genesis "Let us make man in our image", he doesn't directly say himself.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    And that's why parsecting religion is so stupid. The Bible has so many verses in it about the Holy Trinity and that Jesus was a part of the Holy Trinity, that there is no contest for it (in religious terms). The first clue is when God says in the Book of Genesis "Let us make man in our image", he doesn't directly say himself.
    Well, a lot of that can also be attributed to different translations. The Bible wasn't originally English, was it?

Thanks
    Well, a lot of that can also be attributed to different translations. The Bible wasn't originally English, was it?
    The Old Testament was in Hebrew with slight traces of Aramaic, the New Testament was in Greek. Throughout both however even with literal translations the holy trinity remains the same. Those who say different;y are either reading a Bible that has purposely cut out information, or are skipping right over it. Greek and Hebrew are very easy to translate compared to Aramaic, and even then Aramaic is easier to translate then some modern dialects.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    The Old Testament was in Hebrew with slight traces of Aramaic, the New Testament was in Greek. Throughout both however even with literal translations the holy trinity remains the same. Those who say different;y are either reading a Bible that has purposely cut out information, or are skipping right over it. Greek and Hebrew are very easy to translate compared to Aramaic, and even then Aramaic is easier to translate then some modern dialects.
    I'm Greek, although the language has changed quite a bit in 2,000 years. :S

My grandma always used to tell me the Greek version was the "correct" version, I guess this is where that thought came from.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Demigod*

And yes, kratos>Allah, Jesus, everyone else.

he is awsome god dammit!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Contrary to popular belief, translations rarely lose their meaning. There are quite a few bibles that have notes on translations to the side indicating a more clear text, but its all pretty clear imo.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Contrary to popular belief, translations rarely lose their meaning. There are quite a few bibles that have notes on translations to the side indicating a more clear text, but its all pretty clear imo.
    Well I was talking about how he quoted:

"Let us make man in OUR image"

The OUR could be because of a translation. Oh well, fuck it, it's all a fairy tale anyways. :S

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Well I was talking about how he quoted:

"Let us make man in OUR image"

The OUR could be because of a translation. Oh well, fuck it, it's all a fairy tale anyways. :S
    Yeah, at any point the literal-ness or translations are all really what the majority believe any-who.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (04-22-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    @Empire When i answer you , you change the subject lol also in the last days of Muhammad the Qur'an was written is many materials .

Although Jesus is after Moses about 1000 or 500 years ago , the ppl believed. so it's not about Muhammad after Jesus 600 years ago.

Thanks

Clearly written in a book 600 years after the death of Jesus proves something, clearly.
    You are ignoring what you said, You said that Islam says Jesus doesn't exist.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by [D]opeDog View Post
    @Empire When i answer you , you change the subject lol also in the last days of Muhammad the Qur'an was written is many materials .

Although Jesus is after Moses about 1000 or 500 years ago , the ppl believed. so it's not about Muhammad after Jesus 600 years ago.

The people believed he was the chosen one through the Jewish prophecy. It is not the same issue. Muhammed either changed the "word of god" or he lied. Its that simple. Did god let people believe in Christianity for 600 years before changing his mind? Thats insane. What god would have his people believe in a false Idol for 600 years?

Muhammed just changed what Jesus was said to have done 600 years later and said its relevant to Islam to get converts. In fact a lot of Islam is cheap convert ploys. They promised slaves freedom, but did not outright ban it, and only applied to Muslims. Making slavery still fine, unless you were a muslim, then it was "sort of" bad.
    -----------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by shadeyz123123 View Post
    You are ignoring what you said, You said that Islam says Jesus doesn't exist.
    And I am correct in saying that. If you change the actions of a persons life in your story, make the entire thing different, then it is not the same person. Its like saying Hitler was just a normal guy and lived in a cottage all WWII instead of being a dictator.

Islam claims there is a person named Jesus who did all these things. It is clearly not the same Jesus from Christianity.

Its re-writing a religion for personal gain. Really fucking obvious honestly.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

The people believed he was the chosen one through the Jewish prophecy. It is not the same issue. Muhammed either changed the "word of god" or he lied. Its that simple. Did god let people believe in Christianity for 600 years before changing his mind? Thats insane. What god would have his people believe in a false Idol for 600 years?

Muhammed just changed what Jesus was said to have done 600 years later and said its relevant to Islam to get converts. In fact a lot of Islam is cheap convert ploys. They promised slaves freedom, but did not outright ban it, and only applied to Muslims. Making slavery still fine, unless you were a muslim, then it was "sort of" bad.

And I am correct in saying that. If you change the actions of a persons life in your story, make the entire thing different, then it is not the same person. Its like saying Hitler was just a normal guy and lived in a cottage all WWII instead of being a dictator.

Islam claims there is a person named Jesus who did all these things. It is clearly not the same Jesus from Christianity.

Well my friends this is wrong , You guys say Jesus is god or son of god then how he's born from a human (Mariam , Marry) idiot thinking.

Why the god or son of god come to earth to tell that he is the god or something like that and didn't do it by something strange without coming to earth.

Why the god or son of god die and he's able to kill anyone?

And again you changed the subject we were talking about there's no difference between 600 year after Jesus or even 700 years.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

You're like Mohammed Morsi , Saying something and then do another thing.

How the fuck Islam says that he doesn't exist and we all believe that he exist until the resurrection day and that is written in Qur'an you're clearly knows no thing about what you're talking .

Thanks

It's actually him, and It's telling the story of the people that believed in him, Think It's easy cause it was written AFTER 550 years?, well that's Islam, and If you don't believe in it then you don't need to bother and come over here and debating about something you don't even believe in it.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast