Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartview View Post
    What you dont realize is the stuff thats going on behind just the desktop. Its not just the fact that they moved things, dumbed everything down to a laughable level, and straight up removed features that had no business being removed. Its other things that hold huge implications on not only the current soft/hardware, but future developments too.

Win8 was designed for tablets. Simple as that. It almost seems like the desktop version was an afterthought. The problem is, is that tablets are simply nowhere near at the level PC's are, and have been. Microsoft and other big companies are throwing their chips at this 'mobile pc' world where everyone and their dog owns a tablet pc, and desktops are for plebs or niche workers. The problem is, is that that simply is not happening, and will not happen probably forever. Tablets are the niche market, but Microsoft has not caught on to that, and attempted to be the first ones in with a big OS for mobile PC's with touchscreens and limited capabilities, except as sales and general feedback is heavily implying that is not the case. At all. The entire OS was designed around some kind of hope for a different future of computers, one that has no likely chance of becoming any bigger than it already is. Tablets are great for minor things, but they cant hold a flame to the overall usability and power of an actual PC.

So the point of not getting Win8, and showing disapproval for it, is for the fact that we simply dont have a need, or want for a tablet dominated market. If we just sit back and let it happen, we will be saying we are OK with giving up PC's in favor of dumbed down versions of themselves. Win8 was a step in the wrong direction, and if it isnt set back on the right one, everyone will be shooting themselves in the foot. Win7 works perfectly fine, and there was no real reason to make Win8, except that they felt they wanted something different.

And for the record, unless I specifically intend to, I do not want to have to buy a new product and then be forced to mod and customize it, just so I can have a functioning product. So no. Do not buy Win8. It has its pros, but its cons, and overall point of the entire thing make it seem like Microsoft is making fun of its users, and taking the piss out of them, simply because they can.
    Your whole argument is based off of tablets. Yes this is a very tablet friendly design (w8 is) and yes its hard to get used to in a PC. Microsoft made windows 8 because of the fact that tablets were becoming a large market and they are. While to us PC gamers and editors and what not, they may seem mediocre, they suit real big businesses and their employees just fine. Microsoft is going to invest in making things for businesses; not a bunch of PC gamers who sit on a site called Multiplayer Game Hacks. I'm not dissing MPGH, I'm just backing Microsoft on their decision to put money where the future is, in businesses. Now, for us PC junkies, all you have to do is take matters in to your own hands. Considering we are all part of modding website here, this should be pretty easy. Windows 8 is customizable beyond comprehension. Download Start8, Start is back, or Classic Shell (only this if you don't mind a background program eating a small amount of ram) and wala, the desktop version of W8 works JUST like windows 7. Many programs give you the hide/show desktop thing in the bottom right corner of your screen as well. It is far too easy to make W8 into a W7.5. With all this being said, why not move to W8 to stay on the modern path (because I can assure this is what the world is moving to) and then just de-suck it! It's too simple! With all of THAT being said, I don't have a bias for W8. I'd much rather use W7 but I'd like to stay on the modern path and I think the world should do the same.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3kc View Post
    Your whole argument is based off of tablets. Yes this is a very tablet friendly design (w8 is) and yes its hard to get used to in a PC. Microsoft made windows 8 because of the fact that tablets were becoming a large market and they are. While to us PC gamers and editors and what not, they may seem mediocre, they suit real big businesses and their employees just fine. Microsoft is going to invest in making things for businesses; not a bunch of PC gamers who sit on a site called Multiplayer Game Hacks. I'm not dissing MPGH, I'm just backing Microsoft on their decision to put money where the future is, in businesses. Now, for us PC junkies, all you have to do is take matters in to your own hands. Considering we are all part of modding website here, this should be pretty easy. Windows 8 is customizable beyond comprehension. Download Start8, Start is back, or Classic Shell (only this if you don't mind a background program eating a small amount of ram) and wala, the desktop version of W8 works JUST like windows 7. Many programs give you the hide/show desktop thing in the bottom right corner of your screen as well. It is far too easy to make W8 into a W7.5. With all this being said, why not move to W8 to stay on the modern path (because I can assure this is what the world is moving to) and then just de-suck it! It's too simple! With all of THAT being said, I don't have a bias for W8. I'd much rather use W7 but I'd like to stay on the modern path and I think the world should do the same.
    You missed my point. Microsoft is shoveling this software at ALL users, not just niche ones of whom it might actually benefit. There is a lot going for Win8 in the right area. Desktops are not that area. If you have a desktop, dont bother with Win8. If you have a tablet, its ergonomic design will benefit you more, thanks to already having a loss in functionality via lack of good input and task managing. But on a desktop its pointless.

And you missed another point with my last point. People should not HAVE to mod or tweak an OS or anything really just to get it to work how it needs to, especially if the new standards we are changing are not needed and are just being done to have something different. Computers are based around productivity, and when you stifle that productivity by designing the wrong OS for the wrong platform, you deserve to watch your product fail, which is what MS is doing. Win8 sales have been stupidly low, and the vast majority of people dont want anything to do with it. Not just a "small" group of gamers (PC gaming is an immense part of PC's today, and something that needs to be taken into consideration when your OS is the only one that plays a vast majority of them) by the way. Most people who manage PCs in business areas dont want Win8 on their users machines, and people who only use their pcs occasionally will hate having to relearn how to use their own computer because they decided that the standard desktop layout the have been using since before Win2000 was all of a sudden bad.

Custom expansions and mods are there to ADD functionality. Not add something back in that should never have been changed in the first place.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Make sure you have all of your drivers for windows 8 before upgrading, but still I don't recommend you upgrade to windows 8.

just because its boots faster than windows 7 doesn't automatically make it better than windows 8.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    You missed my point. Microsoft is shoveling this software at ALL users, not just niche ones of whom it might actually benefit. There is a lot going for Win8 in the right area. Desktops are not that area. If you have a desktop, dont bother with Win8. If you have a tablet, its ergonomic design will benefit you more, thanks to already having a loss in functionality via lack of good input and task managing. But on a desktop its pointless.

And you missed another point with my last point. People should not HAVE to mod or tweak an OS or anything really just to get it to work how it needs to, especially if the new standards we are changing are not needed and are just being done to have something different. Computers are based around productivity, and when you stifle that productivity by designing the wrong OS for the wrong platform, you deserve to watch your product fail, which is what MS is doing. Win8 sales have been stupidly low, and the vast majority of people dont want anything to do with it. Not just a "small" group of gamers (PC gaming is an immense part of PC's today, and something that needs to be taken into consideration when your OS is the only one that plays a vast majority of them) by the way. Most people who manage PCs in business areas dont want Win8 on their users machines, and people who only use their pcs occasionally will hate having to relearn how to use their own computer because they decided that the standard desktop layout the have been using since before Win2000 was all of a sudden bad.

Custom expansions and mods are there to ADD functionality. Not add something back in that should never have been changed in the first place.
    Microsoft isn't shoveling anything. They are making product, something a company is supposed to do. If you don't like it don't get it. I bought it because its modern and soon enough there will be a windows 9 and thats when windows 7 is going to start becoming a bit old, don't you think?

Also, you don't HAVE to mod or tweak the OS. I modded it to get benefits from W7 and ergonomics from W8, simple as that. Its perfectly sustainable the way it comes. "Most people who manage PC's in business areas don't want Windows 8 on their user machines." Who told you that? Your boss? Thats one boss in the world. Hundreds upon thousands of small businesses have integrated W8 into their systems and I don't see problems with them. I think its you, who is missing my point.

Thanks
    Microsoft isn't shoveling anything. They are making product, something a company is supposed to do. If you don't like it don't get it. I bought it because its modern and soon enough there will be a windows 9 and thats when windows 7 is going to start becoming a bit old, don't you think?

Also, you don't HAVE to mod or tweak the OS. I modded it to get benefits from W7 and ergonomics from W8, simple as that. Its perfectly sustainable the way it comes. "Most people who manage PC's in business areas don't want Windows 8 on their user machines." Who told you that? Your boss? Thats one boss in the world. Hundreds upon thousands of small businesses have integrated W8 into their systems and I don't see problems with them. I think its you, who is missing my point.
    I think you need to actually read some articles on Win8, and read up on people who manage it before claiming that everyone loves it, or that its getting used at all in business environments. Considering most businesses are still using XP, to say that everyone is jumping on Win8 is a huge, unbacked claim. And buying something just because it is new shows a lot of consumer ignorance on your end by the way. Might I need to bring up Vista? It was newer than XP, but I wonder why that didnt cause it to float to success? Oh because it was broken, and did not work the way it needed to. Win8 might work (barely, but its still new so its to be fairly expected), but its purpose is not needed in a desktop environment. Tablets and mobile PCs with touch screens, fine. But anywhere else and Win7 is the norm, and the standard. Ive used Win8 already, and discarded it.

And of course you dont need to. But you should, because Win8's default setup is terrible for use on a desktop. It would work with multiple monitors, or some more extensive setups, but most people dont have that and would only be disappointed by Win8's interface, not counting the fact they changed a lot of things for no reason.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Windows 8 is horrible. Always Windows 7.
    Click the 'Thanks' button at the bottom right if I helped you in some way or if you're a good person looking to thank me for no reason

My high speed fiber optic internet

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Window's 8 is the next step in the generation of windows OS's. As a new O.S so there isn't much stuff out for it and it still has issue's with running window's 7 stuff.

People have been having this same argument for years upon years. I remember when Windows XP was the bomb and windows 7 was shitty. Time's change.
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/443-crossf...m-service.html

[IMG]https://www.danasof*****m/sig/RChayne.jpg[/IMG]

If I farmed for you!
    If I did a fucking awesome job!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rchayne For This Useful Post:

3kc (04-28-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Well just a advice bro
    If you are on gaming then stick to windows 7 for a while because some games doesn't run well in windows 8

Thanks
    I would stay with Windows 7.
    If you still wan't Windows 8 then search for tuts to disable all that new fancy graphic stuff.

If you did it you will have slightly more performance. They also removed that Aero stuff so more Gpu power
    available
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwo0ck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by uNrEaL View Post
    Cool, thanks!
    Ccman has gone too low. I've known for a long time he was sneaky.
    >top lel much crack many get so download wow

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by rchayne View Post
    Window's 8 is the next step in the generation of windows OS's. As a new O.S so there isn't much stuff out for it and it still has issue's with running window's 7 stuff.

People have been having this same argument for years upon years. I remember when Windows XP was the bomb and windows 7 was shitty. Time's change.
    Windows XP was never the bomb, and Windows 7 was never shitty.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Windows XP was never the bomb, and Windows 7 was never shitty.
    Windows 7 was shitty because you can't change certain settings like you could in XP. A lot of stuff that works on XP doesn't in W7, Especially all my hacking tools =/ Eh, I used XP for 10 year's I knew it back to front.
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/443-crossf...m-service.html

[IMG]https://www.danasof*****m/sig/RChayne.jpg[/IMG]

If I farmed for you!
    If I did a fucking awesome job!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    I think you need to actually read some articles on Win8, and read up on people who manage it before claiming that everyone loves it, or that its getting used at all in business environments. Considering most businesses are still using XP, to say that everyone is jumping on Win8 is a huge, unbacked claim. And buying something just because it is new shows a lot of consumer ignorance on your end by the way. Might I need to bring up Vista? It was newer than XP, but I wonder why that didnt cause it to float to success? Oh because it was broken, and did not work the way it needed to. Win8 might work (barely, but its still new so its to be fairly expected), but its purpose is not needed in a desktop environment. Tablets and mobile PCs with touch screens, fine. But anywhere else and Win7 is the norm, and the standard. Ive used Win8 already, and discarded it.

And of course you dont need to. But you should, because Win8's default setup is terrible for use on a desktop. It would work with multiple monitors, or some more extensive setups, but most people dont have that and would only be disappointed by Win8's interface, not counting the fact they changed a lot of things for no reason.
    If you think that you should tweak the OS then don't go against it in your earlier posts. As far as me reading about it, I did just that, BEFORE buying it. Its consumer stubborness that is the problem, not consumer ignorance. I realized how retard proof it was to just tweak it a little bit. You make the claim that I'm ignorant to it, not at all. You're just stubborn, and unwilling to accept new technology and leave your comfort zone of tech for something new that will be the norm eventually.

Thanks
    If you think that you should tweak the OS then don't go against it in your earlier posts. As far as me reading about it, I did just that, BEFORE buying it. Its consumer stubborness that is the problem, not consumer ignorance. I realized how retard proof it was to just tweak it a little bit. You make the claim that I'm ignorant to it, not at all. You're just stubborn, and unwilling to accept new technology and leave your comfort zone of tech for something new that will be the norm eventually.
    Making implications about how much I know or the level I am involved with technology is an absurd measure to get a failing point across. You are defending features of windows8 that have already been accepted by the vast majority of the market (hence pitiful sales of Win8). Win8 has its strong points, but its a laughable joke on a desktop, and Microsoft doesnt realize that this weird future of tablets and touch screen computers is still, at best, very unlikely.

And my point about tweaking was that we should not have to, but seeing as how MS doesnt really care, we do have to just to get some functionality back. Also implying that just because something is newer its better, or that wildly changing features around should be looked at as ok just because MS made it. Youve got it backwards. Consumers make the demand, and either a company listens, or doesnt sell anything.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Heartview For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Doc (04-28-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    I'm sticking with Win 7 64-bit for as long as I can. I simply couldn't stand Windows 8.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    New technology? Windows 8 is in no way, whatsoever, "new". It's the exact same platform that the Windows Mobile OS was built upon, with different functionality. It's using the same platform the XBox OS is using. It's all built on the same platform, for cost effectiveness. The ONLY reason Microsoft dished out Windows 8 the way it did, is to grab a hold of the tablet industry. Until recently, Microsoft was PURELY a SOFTWARE based company. Now that Microsoft is creating hardware, such as Tablets and Mobile devices, it is attempting to force it's market into play with this joke of an Operating System. IDC, which is known for it's highly accurate statistics, has shown the majority of Business's do NOT prefer Windows 8, they prefer Windows 7. The reasoning is the ability to easily progress in the work environment without the consistent changing between Desktop and Metro, causing a significant enough delay in response time as to not utilize the newer OS. PC sales dropped 13.9% last year on the debut of Windows 8 being packaged with many home use PC's, the LARGEST drop in history.

Microsoft reps have even ADMITTED the ENTIRE OS was based around Mobile technology. That's a TERRIBLE move for creating an Operating System for standardized computers. They could have EASILY created a SEPARATE OS for Tablets, rather than fucking over standard Desktop users. People shouldn't be FORCED into utilizing hacks, mods, and tweaks, to gain the ORIGINAL desktop back. If people are doing so, it shows that there is a MAJOR design flaw.

Windows 8 is going down the route of Apple. They are slowing closing off the Operating System, removing functionality, and making it idiot proof. That's a terrible idea for one simple reason, we like Windows FOR it's customization ability without the tweaks. The tweaks are fun and nice, but they're an ADDON, and we want the terminal to be great even BEFORE we add the extra content.

On to the Apps. The Apps run in a caching mode to be quickly executed when pressed, the problem with this is that the OS needs to be consistently monitoring the Apps to be sure there are no drawbacks. This means for people with older computers, a significant load up time per app. It also means that them more apps you have installed, the longer the OS takes to load, and the more resources your computer has to allocate to the caching of these apps. If an app isn't opened on the Desktop, and you are in the Desktop view, you need to manually drag the app to the desktop sidebar to be able to access it via the Desktop. That's a nuisance that is not necessary. You need a third party addon for the start menu icon, and there are no more ribbon menu's, another major nuisance.

The new start menu looks extremely similar to the XBox dashboard. Terrible design for a desktop user who wants to utilize a desktop and not a childish design for a console.

The significance of the load times on initial utilization is also completely insignificant. The load times are different than mere seconds, according to usabilitygeek. The rest of the performances in the gaming department had shown Windows 7 to have slightly better benchmarks than Windows 8.

Microsoft should have given the option of Metro being permanently disabled and the full Desktop being renewed without third party applications. Sorry to burst your bubble but not all of us want an OS that looks like a Tablet. If I want giant squares in my face I'll just as well play Tetris on a projected screen.

There is absolutely NOTHING innovative about Windows 8. It is not "the future". It's a bunch of squares dangling in your face that are shortcuts. That's all it is.

Gabe Newell, the co-director for Valve, even said that Windows 8 is the biggest catastrophe for gaming. Valve is now making a massive push to utilizing Linux over Windows.

Lastly, even Windows Vista numbers by comparison of launch date had more significant number of people who changed over than Windows 8.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Doc (04-29-2013)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast