Thread: Dub or Sub?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by hax3rman View Post
    So no one likes dubs? Lol, in the sub or dub thread in 2009 everyone liked dub :P
    Dependent on the anime. If your watching some shit on adult swim versus current anime.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I'd say about... 90% of Anime I watch is Subbed. I do watch Dubbed when I know it's good like: Code Geass, Dragon Ball Z, etc.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    fuck subb, dubb can be very very bad, but id rather watch dub over sub cause wdf i hate reading especially if a series is dialog heavy like the last 2 episodes of evangelion that fucked me over because i had to pause every 2 seconds, still didnt understand shit :L u guys should support dub and not hate on it, to the general public who dont watch subbed shit, will be turned off because of the language barrier, the people who QQ the most about dubb anime are the people who have alrdy watched the subb,
    this is a signature

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by daboi22 View Post
    fuck subb, dubb can be very very bad, but id rather watch dub over sub cause wdf i hate reading especially if a series is dialog heavy like the last 2 episodes of evangelion that fucked me over because i had to pause every 2 seconds, still didnt understand shit :L u guys should support dub and not hate on it, to the general public who dont watch subbed shit, will be turned off because of the language barrier, the people who QQ the most about dubb anime are the people who have alrdy watched the subb,
    Dub is fine, if you want an inferior product. ANY form of media taken from its original source and substituted another language, is worse.

Subs are always better, but they are not for everyone.
    --------------

Dubs mainly suck now only due to the fact that whoever runs these american-anime studios is a fucking moron. They don't pay the VA's shit, they re-use them, some of the worse VA's get the main roles while the really good ones get side-characters, its just a mess.
    --------------------

Dubs are fine if you prefer them, but subs are just a superior product. Kinda like McDonalds to Whataburger. Your gonna get a better burger in Whata, but some people just like McDonalds.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Dub is fine, if you want an inferior product. ANY form of media taken from its original source and substituted another language, is worse.

Subs are always better, but they are not for everyone.
    --------------

Dubs mainly suck now only due to the fact that whoever runs these american-anime studios is a fucking moron. They don't pay the VA's shit, they re-use them, some of the worse VA's get the main roles while the really good ones get side-characters, its just a mess.
    --------------------

Dubs are fine if you prefer them, but subs are just a superior product. Kinda like McDonalds to Whataburger. Your gonna get a better burger in Whata, but some people just like McDonalds.
    Even worse is watching an anime that has the same voice actor for multiple characters, I remember once watching an anime with 2 main characters with the same voice actor!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Hux's Slave [URL=https://www.mpgh.net/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1
    #1[/URL]7999840]Even worse is watching an anime that has the same voice actor for multiple characters, I remember once watching an anime with 2 main characters with the same voice actor!
    You should see the japanese culture anime. When VA can't pronounce shit it is just god awful.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Some anime are good for dubbed.. lick devil may cry or gungrave

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    I see why you hate reading. Your grammar is atrocious.
    I constantly post OC on my tumblr: https://spaghetti-master.tumblr.com/

Info
    About me: I am the best there is.
    Add me on Skype if you are into autistic humor.

Previous name: Hax3rman

Links
    MPGH for dummies
    The rules of conduct.
    A playlist of awesome shit I find on youtube.

My current favorite song

Thanks
    Sub has many benefits, how would I watch all the wonderful 2013 spring anime? Have you seen Shingeki no Kyojin? I'm not waiting 3 years for it to be dubbed.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    fan subs are incorrect, we lose alot in translation sub (hence fan-sub), if a english dub exists for an anime id watch the dub first, all u guys hating on dub shows ur all fluent in Japanese. im not , and i do watch fan sub cause i have no choice (weekly animes). idk in the end if i understand the language that comes out, its more easier to comprehend whats going on.

NOTE: our opinion may differ.
    this is a signature

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    fan subs are incorrect, we lose alot in translation sub (hence fan-sub), if a english dub exists for an anime id watch the dub first, all u guys hating on dub shows ur all fluent in Japanese. im not , and i do watch fan sub cause i have no choice (weekly animes). idk in the end if i understand the language that comes out, its more easier to comprehend whats going on.

You realize that dubs would be generally lost in translation a bit too right? It's not the sub or dub, it is the language. There is no solid translation for anything from one language to another. (They teach you this whenever you start to learn a new language.) The dubber/subber understands it in Japanese and then tries to find words that come close. Also your entire post was two sentences long because you used commas the entire way through.
    Last edited by Spaghetti Master; 04-25-2013 at 06:27 PM.
    I constantly post OC on my tumblr: https://spaghetti-master.tumblr.com/

Info
    About me: I am the best there is.
    Add me on Skype if you are into autistic humor.

Previous name: Hax3rman

Links
    MPGH for dummies
    The rules of conduct.
    A playlist of awesome shit I find on youtube.

My current favorite song

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

The fan subs are more often than not a better translation than you'll get on the dubbed version.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    Vote for Subs :P

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Sub, but some animes have good dub voice actors. Mostly just the popular animes such as Naruto,Bleach etc etc.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by JavaC++ View Post
    Sub, but some animes have good dub voice actors. Mostly just the popular animes such as Naruto,Bleach etc etc.
    BUUUUUUUULIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVEEEEEEEE ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

SOON. (04-29-2013)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast