Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

i5-3570k Stock HS Temps?

Just got that CPU today, it's pretty chilly in my room, and it's running in the high 30's to low 40's (it fluctuates a lot, too).
    Side panel is off, and I'm not under load <20% CPU Usage.

I don't think I made proper contact with the HS or something, unless those temps are normal (which I don't think they should be).
    If not- I'll definitely take it off, clean it all and reapply thermal paste to it (and make sure to get it right!).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Liteaku View Post
    Just got that CPU today, it's pretty chilly in my room, and it's running in the high 30's to low 40's (it fluctuates a lot, too).
    Side panel is off, and I'm not under load <20% CPU Usage.

I don't think I made proper contact with the HS or something, unless those temps are normal (which I don't think they should be).
    If not- I'll definitely take it off, clean it all and reapply thermal paste to it (and make sure to get it right!).
    i run at about 30-40 idle on my computer, room is about 70-75 in this room, in game i get up to 60C, i think 30s-40 is pretty good for your computer tbh. iv had mine for about 2 years, so my thermal paste is most likely Old and needs redone lol. i think youre safe

oh PS, put your side's back on. Open Computer = Dust and Dirt, Closed = very little dust, very little dirt. so in the end you dont get your Fans all dusty and it doesn't slow them down, so you dont heat up! put them on, run your Pc, check the temp, if you dont like it (if it gets higher) take them off. no harm done. just a thought tho
    Last edited by WhiteDagger; 04-26-2013 at 09:50 PM.

Thanks
    Mid 30's is perfectly normal for a CPU, especially on a stock cooler. Under 30 is a nominal area, but unless you keep your room chilled, passive air cooling wont get it that low.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low