Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Angry CrossFire won't launch

So I had CrossFire on Windows 8 Professional 64-bit , played it for a long time, but just as a sudden, CrossFire won't launch. The problem is when I run CrossFire, click "Start" button in the launcher nothing happens after that. HGWC is supposed to show up then the game runs. But HGWC won't launch...
    I thought that was a virus and I scanned CrossFire's folder using "IObit Malware Fighter". No threats were found.
    I decided to install Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit since we know not all programs work on Windows 8 since it's new. However, CrossFire worked on Windows 7 for two days. The third day (today), the problem came back. HGWC just won't launch. I re-scanned the folder with the same malware fighter and no threats were found, again. I decided to re-install CrossFire, the same problem happened. I thought maybe it's Firewall's problem. So I added "CrossFire.exe" to exceptions, same for "HGWC", "Aegis". Tried running CrossFire, same problem happens.

I don't think I'll keep installing a new Windows each two days. So, can you guys help me with solving my CrossFire problem?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    maybe there is a virus in ur pc try to scan ur pc not only cf folder
    [Source Code] Present Hooks Win 7/8 .. 8.1/10

- removed youtube video as it had an outside link

Thanks
    It's possible because of your OS, but I doubt that.
    Did you try running compatibility mode (Right Click > Troubleshoot Compatibility) and run in Administrator?
    Did you try scanning the whole computer with a program such as CCleaner, Tune Up or Advanced SystemCare?
    Is there any other programs that you may think that is conflicting with HGWC which causes crossfire.exe to crash?
    Is your drivers up-to-date?

I don't have enough information to carry on, but please try to include a crash log if possible. You may need to contact Z8Games if the problem persists.
    EDIT: I'm willing to TeamViewer you, if you want. I need more information about the crash though.
    Does the screen go black when you after you've run the patcher? or does it crash without showing the window? etc.
    Last edited by TaBz3; 05-01-2013 at 12:37 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TaBz3 For This Useful Post:

Violency (05-01-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by TaBz3 View Post
    It's possible because of your OS, but I doubt that.
    Did you try running compatibility mode (Right Click > Troubleshoot Compatibility) and run in Administrator?
    Did you try scanning the whole computer with a program such as CCleaner, Tune Up or Advanced SystemCare?
    Is there any other programs that you may think that is conflicting with HGWC which causes crossfire.exe to crash?
    Is your drivers up-to-date?

I don't have enough information to carry on, but please try to include a crash log if possible. You may need to contact Z8Games if the problem persists.
    EDIT: I'm willing to TeamViewer you, if you want. I need more information about the crash though.
    Does the screen go black when you after you've run the patcher? or does it crash without showing the window? etc.
    Well, I use Advanced System Care which provides me an everyday auto-scanning for the whole system, including registry errors even internet problems. So I don't think it's a virus problem. I also tried running CrossFire in compatibility mode as the troubleshooter provided me, the launcher wouldn't launch.
    I'm also not sure if there is any program conflicting CrossFire to crash, I mean, I just installed my new windows and I still get the same problem, well after two days of using it.

There is no crash logs sofar for me, it just doesn't crashes automatically. And I would love if you teamview with me. I'm sending you a PM with my skype so we can contact.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    mmm , i dont know..
    I run crossfire to on my windows 8 and i dont have any problem

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Violency View Post
    Well, I use Advanced System Care which provides me an everyday auto-scanning for the whole system, including registry errors even internet problems. So I don't think it's a virus problem. I also tried running CrossFire in compatibility mode as the troubleshooter provided me, the launcher wouldn't launch.
    I'm also not sure if there is any program conflicting CrossFire to crash, I mean, I just installed my new windows and I still get the same problem, well after two days of using it.

There is no crash logs sofar for me, it just doesn't crashes automatically. And I would love if you teamview with me. I'm sending you a PM with my skype so we can contact.

DELETE MALWARE FIGHTER. i deleted malware fighter and cf started running again