Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

SoulForge Project - Open BETA!

NOTICE: We need at least $35 more to hold the players that are currently attempting to play on the server! Please donate what you can using the links below!

-- Last thread

After a long start-up, we've got a lot of what we need (except for money, but I'll get to that), and we're ready to move forward out of our idle state of recruitment.

Currently, our goals are to create an extension of the current game of quality that you would see from the original. This server is looking to improve the quality of game play while leaving the original game intact and only slightly modified. There will be very little old content modified, but there will be MANY new things!

That brings me to our future release!

Currently we are planning on a dungeon called the Tzemnar Depths (Zim-nar), in which you will take part in a variety of complex boss fights that involve lots of movement, strategy, and sometimes the appropriate classes to deal with that type of being! With this dungeon will come 3 (4?) new bosses and 6 new monster types, and a whole new tier (or untier, rather?) of equipment!

On top of this upcoming dungeon, we have a new Death Knight class!

The Death Knight is very powerful, having the highest attack and defense! Of course, with heavy armor and heavy attacks, the Death Knight pays the price in dexterity and speed. These stats can be empowered by their, quite powerful, runes in the ability slot of the class! These runes will be very different from other abilities, and will augment specific skills or give specific status effects based on their origination and physical traits. Have fun slowing and weakening enemies in an area with a unique frost rune, or increasing your speed or dexterity with a passive unholy rune!

Death Knights will require that you've reached level 20 with Necromancer and Paladin before playing them, and start with a set of medium-tiered gear to begin their adventure! You'll notice some very rare Death Knight-specific items dropping as well, when the dungeon is released! These are quite valuable to Death Knights, and not easy to come by, so make sure you trade or use them like the treasure they are!

In no release will we introduce more than 1 item from the final set per class, and no class should have any noticable advantage over another when using this final UT set.

If you're interested in donating, you can donate with one of these links:

Paypal - Allows for the money to be spent on web servers and domains

NFOServers - Locks the money into the VDS funds and can't be used elsewhere

If you're interested, we are currently in need of Server Developers, World Makers, Web Developers, and Tech Support. Please see if you qualify for those positions below, or if you would like to apply for another!

Sprite Team - Will be working on making sprites for monsters, objects, and items. You will be required to display your abilities with ROTMG-specific sprites during your interview. Sprites to indicate the quality we expect from you will be provided before you make your first sprite for the interview. You will also be working with full-on images for the website, so please have a good understanding of Photoshop before applying for this position.

World Team - Will be making new worlds, dungeons, and any other terrain-related content. Please only apply if you have an extensive understanding and experience with level creation in Realm of the Mad God, as you will be doing a lot of it.

Server Team - Will be responsible mostly for introducing the new ideas to the server itself. You will be helping the integration of items, and adding new and unique functionality to the server. You will need to have a great understanding of C# and a good understanding of SQL for this position.

Client Team - Will be responsible for modifying the User Interface of the client, the inner workings of some portions of the client, and allowing the client to cooperate with the server more fluently. You need to have a good understanding of the modification of ROTMG-specific clients for this position.

Web Team - Will be responsible for ensuring the quality and security of our web servers, by any means necessary. During your interview, we will provide more information on the specifics of what is and is not allowed for testing the security of the web servers. You will need a good understanding of JavaScript, HTML5, PHP, SQL, CSS, and XML for this position. It is a good addition to have knowledge of ASP.NET and XHTML, but those are not required for this position.

Creative Team - Will be contributing ideas to the server, through public votes, and considering suggestions from players to put up for voting. This process will involve a relatively uncomfortable amount of communication between this team and all of the development teams, so please only apply for this position if you feel that you genuinely have the good of the server in mind and enough creativity to be constantly brainstorming new ideas.

Moderators - Will manage Game Masters, testers and, in the future, players on the server. This position requires that you have some good people skills, as well as an aura of professionalism and respectability about you. We will know who is fit for this position.

Game Masters - Will manage testers and, in the future, players on the server. This position requires that you familiarize yourself with the commands on the server constantly and that you are familiar with every rule and have not broken any of them once. You will be permitted to kick, mute, and ban players on the server that are breaking rules. If you apply for this position, we recommend that you check commands and rules as often as possible to be aware of any changes.

Helper/Support - This position requires an understanding of the inner workings of different types of computers, the server and client, and that you have a working microphone to provide technical support to testers and, in the future, players on the server. You are also required to have a basic logical thought process about you, for troubleshooting.

Please contact us at any of the following places to have an interview, or to inquire about anything in this post:
    Skype - (click to add)
    E-Mail - soulforgeproject@gmail.com

Virus Scans:
    https://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanre...550424335b04e4
    https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/2...is/1376396846/
    <b>Downloadable Files</b> Downloadable Files
    Last edited by sjustin1996; 08-13-2013 at 06:09 PM.

2. The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to sjustin1996 For This Useful Post:

Alde. (08-12-2013),armegadonss (08-18-2013),[MPGH]Beex (08-12-2013),Black (08-13-2013),codedj (08-13-2013),DanielxDD (08-13-2013),Deadlonewo (08-13-2013),feuerzeug2 (11-15-2013),helemo (08-13-2013),HollaCost (08-13-2013),ItsBarthMan (08-13-2013),jmaniskewl818 (02-16-2014),KillerShank (08-13-2013),lordtimmy37 (07-24-2015),maccots (10-28-2013),Maffy22 (08-13-2013),mountainman (12-29-2013),NiknameGER (08-13-2013),Radiaan (08-13-2013),RedBaconPig (08-13-2013),rockestar99 (08-21-2013),Royce (08-13-2013),saiko_723 (12-01-2013),sda4example (08-13-2013),Skrillex11 (08-15-2013),stormthief (10-27-2013),Tachyonic (08-13-2013),TheAlfak (11-08-2013),tmtoon2 (08-13-2013),Tyger257 (08-13-2013),Unakah502 (08-13-2013),y2j891 (08-13-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Hey I would like to apply for Game Testers I am very good with glitches and bugs I can also be on 3 to 10 hours or over a day.I would be active as I can.

My skype is humme7

Thanks
    where are the virus scans?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by heh3 View Post
    where are the virus scans?
    True @nilly Where are scans?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by helemo View Post
    True @nilly Where are scans?
    Good question...

I'm at work atm so I can't really test this thing out anyways. I'll take a look at it when I get home and if no virus scans were added at that point, I'll go ahead and do them myself and provide the links.
    Be careful, stray too far from the pack and you'll get lost.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    approve please!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by nilly View Post
    Good question...

I'm at work atm so I can't really test this thing out anyways. I'll take a look at it when I get home and if no virus scans were added at that point, I'll go ahead and do them myself and provide the links.
    I'll get that for you. Sorry, forgot I needed them for .swf files.

Hopefully Jotti will do, I forgot the name of the other one and don't want to wait for someone to reply to find out:

VirusTotal

Jotti Scan
    Last edited by sjustin1996; 08-13-2013 at 06:25 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    @nilly got the swf via skype. checked for virus.. came out clean

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Approved. Good start too, it's actually up upon testing it lol.
    Last edited by nilly; 08-13-2013 at 07:09 AM.
    Be careful, stray too far from the pack and you'll get lost.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Beta Report: Very laggy (not because of where its hosted) timeouts very often.

Edit: All in all its the best fucking server ive seen xD
    Last edited by IDontWantCheese; 08-13-2013 at 08:33 AM.

Thanks
    i would like to apply for game master, you can add me on skype: rotmg.maeglon and tell me its for SoulForge

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by IDontWantCheese View Post
    Beta Report: Very laggy (not because of where its hosted) timeouts very often.

Edit: All in all its the best fucking server ive seen xD
    Need around $10 for this month to be upgraded to a better plan, and then $35 for next month.

If we can get that $10, it will double our hosting quality.
    Last edited by sjustin1996; 08-13-2013 at 09:52 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    sorry but they are not looking for staff now.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sjustin1996 View Post
    Need around $10 for this month to be upgraded to a better plan, and then $35 for next month.

If we can get that $10, it will double our hosting quality.
    Hey dude your server actually seems nice and worth to donate to, once I test it out ill try and donate .

I can also advert it in my signature

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post

Hey dude your server actually seems nice and worth to donate to, once I test it out ill try and donate .

I can also advert it in my signature
    That would be awesome! I hope you like the server, I try to keep it as lag-free as possible.

We're working out some brutally neglected bugs on the MMOE source, and it should be more stable after this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast