Thanks

Can you get vac banned or anything for modding/cheating in BL2?

Like if I max out my skill trees and mod weapons and stats with the tools here? Sorry for a noob question. I have a lot of games on my steam account, would prefer not to get banned haha.

Thanks
    No, because BL2 doesn't have any kind of anti-cheat protection, much less VAC, so, no worries, you can do your modding stuff at will !

Thanks
    Very cool, thanks.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Hell, I used a tool to unlock some DLC skins and there's no ban to be seen, so no worries.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    it just an Co-op game. Feel free to edit whatever u like

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by KarmaTheAlligator View Post
    Hell, I used a tool to unlock some DLC skins and there's no ban to be seen, so no worries.
    Hopefully you aren't using that modified steam_api.dll that was posted before. Gearbox and Valve is aware of it from what my friend at Gearbox told me. When you load up Steam and when you load a game, Steam does an integrity check on the files and sends reports when it encounters modified files. This is how you get VAC banned in some games. From what I was told, since modifying the file violates the Steam and Gearbox ToS as well as being illegal in several countries (Modifying steam to unlock paid content you don't own, aka Piracy) they may end up banning your entire Steam account which would mean losing access to all the games and content on it. If you run a packet sniffed before starting Steam, you can see how much information Steam collects about you and your games. People thought Origin was bad for scanning your entire computer, at least Steam only scans the Steam directory and game libraries.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TechnoJacker For This Useful Post:

KarmaTheAlligator (05-18-2013),royvandijk06 (05-19-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Oh wow, thanks for the warning...
    Last edited by KarmaTheAlligator; 05-18-2013 at 03:25 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks my friend! You should have told me this before!
    I posted this warning at the source of this unlocker.
    Thank you

Regards,
    Rylgmr06

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJacker View Post
    Hopefully you aren't using that modified steam_api.dll that was posted before. Gearbox and Valve is aware of it from what my friend at Gearbox told me. When you load up Steam and when you load a game, Steam does an integrity check on the files and sends reports when it encounters modified files. This is how you get VAC banned in some games. From what I was told, since modifying the file violates the Steam and Gearbox ToS as well as being illegal in several countries (Modifying steam to unlock paid content you don't own, aka Piracy) they may end up banning your entire Steam account which would mean losing access to all the games and content on it. If you run a packet sniffed before starting Steam, you can see how much information Steam collects about you and your games. People thought Origin was bad for scanning your entire computer, at least Steam only scans the Steam directory and game libraries.
    Bits and pieces of this are true. Some games DO have integrity checks for games, but no. You don't get your whole Steam account banned, that bit is rubbish. The games that do this MAY enforce a VAC ban, same with an in-game ban. This is not true in ALL cases, but merely in SOME. A VAC ban only bans you from games that run the same engine you were banned from, which normally changes with each game (unless it's something like the Source engine, which is unalike as games are based off of the engine, while Call of Duty you can play every one on the same steam account, even if you are banned from one. I do this all the time. Learn what you're talking about, and don't post rubbish just to fool people. You more than likely don't have a friend at Gearbox that told you this, and if you do (and he actually told you this,) he's fucking with you because it's funny.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtmas2006 View Post
    Bits and pieces of this are true. Some games DO have integrity checks for games, but no. You don't get your whole Steam account banned, that bit is rubbish. The games that do this MAY enforce a VAC ban, same with an in-game ban. This is not true in ALL cases, but merely in SOME. A VAC ban only bans you from games that run the same engine you were banned from, which normally changes with each game (unless it's something like the Source engine, which is unalike as games are based off of the engine, while Call of Duty you can play every one on the same steam account, even if you are banned from one. I do this all the time. Learn what you're talking about, and don't post rubbish just to fool people. You more than likely don't have a friend at Gearbox that told you this, and if you do (and he actually told you this,) he's fucking with you because it's funny.
    So, can you guarantee that you cannot get banned for using that modified DLL file? Until you show us proof of that, I'll take the word of someone who can unlock the stuff from the DLCs early over yours.