Thanks

Something that really annoys me.

When I'm looking through the hacks section of RotMG, I see all these PS and every time I try one, it's down.
    Usually for up to 10-20 hours at a time.

Just wondering if it's me or if all these developers just put them up for advertising and keep em off for long periods of time.
    I'd like to play a PS that isn't constantly and consistently down.

What I'd like it to be is don't post a PS unless you can at least keep it up 40-50% of each day, otherwise it's just a waste.
    Now I can understand if you are working on it, and it's down because of coding issues or you're adding/removing content,
    but if you just have it down while you're doing other things then what's the point.

Sorry if this is a completely different issue, but if I had the drive to bring up my own server, it wouldn't be down
    as much as most of these servers are.

Thanks
    Hosting a Private Server takes effort. Most computers can't run a server that Kabam pays Amazon and Google hundreds of dollars to host, so they crash very easily, and even easier, thanks to morons. Unless you have no life or are an insomniac, you can't moderate/reboot/troubleshoot your server 24/7. Most people have jobs, social lives, and better things to do. Also, you're are surrounded by idiots who are going to say "LOLOLOL GAIZ IM GUNNA SPON 1000 CYOOB GAWDS! WTF WHY DID IT CRASH UR SERVER SUX!!!!!". If you turn Admin privileges off, players will get bored, as it is just like prod, but with less people. I hosted a server for a while (I was actually one of the first few people to do so), but after I closed it, people continued spamming the thread with "LOADERRORRETRYING UR SURVUR SUX ITS BROKEN." and "Y IS THE SURVUR NOT WURK HALP ME PLZZZZZZZZ!!!1!!!11ONE!!"

TL;DR (I tried to embed a Teal Deer here)

Host your own server. Try it. You'll immediately understand why most servers are offline most of the time.

(Resisting the urge to comment on the fact that you are a Brony.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails
    tumblr_llydq3iTT01qafrh6.gif  

Last edited by HamSammich45; 05-31-2013 at 03:26 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    It can be annoying but now the good server is c453 just focus on that one most people stop now since c453 works