Thread: Intel vs. AMD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

Intel vs. AMD

Would AMD processors have the same assembly code as Intel processors. Because my computer uses AMD o_O?

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I am not quite sure. Very good question lol....
    Goals In Life:
    [X] Become an Advanced Member
    [X]Release a tut on mpgh
    [0]Post 300 posts
    [X]Make a working hack
    [X] Learn c++

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Or maybe windows handles the interaction with the processor so I only need to know Win32 Assembly language unless im getting more advance then just deconstructing programs that run on Win32.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I think windows handles it...if your getting a new processor chip put in you'll need a new mobo I believe.
    Goals In Life:
    [X] Become an Advanced Member
    [X]Release a tut on mpgh
    [0]Post 300 posts
    [X]Make a working hack
    [X] Learn c++

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by rwkeith View Post
    I think windows handles it...if your getting a new processor chip put in you'll need a new mobo I believe.
    not if its the same socket, such as an am2+ socket mobo could run a phenom x2, 3,4

Thanks
    Intel is much faster and its better for multi tasking.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by harrissouth View Post
    Intel is much faster and its better for multi tasking.
    i disagree, i went from amd phenom x4@2.32ghz to an i7@2.45ghz and the phenom could handle more multimedia(same amount of ram, OS)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by rwkeith View Post
    ummm wats a mobo o_O?

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
    ummm wats a mobo o_O?
    motherboard

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
    Would AMD processors have the same assembly code as Intel processors. Because my computer uses AMD o_O?
    no
    ~
    I'd leave at that to end the madness but one word comments are traditionally handled as spam. AMD & Intel processors have different internals I personally believe AMD processors are truly more optimized for 64bit processing in general. The i7 is currently the most powerful consumer product media processor.
    "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." John 15:18