Thread: blue bot help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

blue bot help

I am not able to run this script and i don't know if this is the problem.
    --Default to nil if you want to use a random prefix
    -----------------------------
    BB.CustomPrefix = ".lua";

-------------------------------------------------------
    --Don't edit below unless you know what you are doing--

Thanks
    i'm having issues with blue bot aswell, ever since the new revision that is. whenever i run it, it kicks me for too many lua errors. it then tells me this:

Couldn't include file 'blue_bot.lua' (File not found) (<nowhere>)

Thanks
    well it just doesnt do anything for me. like when i do lua_openscript_cl dat. nothing comes up cause dat.txt is me file

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tracert2 View Post
    I am not able to run this script and i don't know if this is the problem.
    --Default to nil if you want to use a random prefix
    BB.CustomPrefix = ".lua";

--Don't edit below unless you know what you are doing--
    Don't think you can have a . as the beginning of a convar. Try something else.

Quote Originally Posted by dralf View Post
    i'm having issues with blue bot aswell, ever since the new revision that is. whenever i run it, it kicks me for too many lua errors. it then tells me this:

Are you sure the file is in X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\YYYYY\garrysmod\garrysmod\lu a

X being the drive you have steam and games installed to and YYYYY being your steam username.

Quote Originally Posted by tracert2 View Post
    well it just doesnt do anything for me. like when i do lua_openscript_cl dat. nothing comes up cause dat.txt is me file
    No errors whatsoever? Seems a little odd. It should at least throw an error or give the loading messages.
    Last edited by nitroburn; 06-05-2013 at 09:09 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nitroburn View Post
    Are you sure the file is in X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\YYYYY\garrysmod\garrysmod\lu a

X being the drive you have steam and games installed to and YYYYY being your steam username.
    yes, it's all in there and then i launch up garry's mod, join a server, run bypass (abyss), and then lua_openscript_cl blue_bot.lua and get kicked with the same error

Thanks
    yes, it's all in there and then i launch up garry's mod, join a server, run bypass (abyss), and then lua_openscript_cl blue_bot.lua and get kicked with the same error
    What are the errors from the console?

Thanks
    What are the errors from the console?
    this is the only one that appears after running lua_openscript_cl blue_bot.lua:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    This has started happening to me too! :c

Thanks
    this is the only one that appears after running lua_openscript_cl blue_bot.lua:

It means the file isn't in the correct folder. Only thing I could suggest trying is renaming the file without the _ (maybe there is a bug currently) and trying again making sure the file is in X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\YourUsername\garrysmod\garry smod\lua

One other thing to check, It doesn't effect me, but do you have a X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod folder at all?

My file is named gmod.lua and I have zero issues loading it with it located in that folder. If it can find the file, you would get a different error.

If you get the error still, take a screenshot of the file properties. (right click the .lua and goto Properties) and hover the mouse over the Location: line so it shows the full location of the file when taking the screen shot. Make sure to blank out your username when doing this.

--edit--

Never mind removing the _ from the filename, it should work just fine, I just tested it. Still take the screenshot if you could.

] lua_openscript_cl b_b.lua
    Running script b_b.lua...

[22:37:57] [Blue Bot] Loaded! v0.8.3
    [22:37:57] [Blue Bot] Your random prefix is garryisa******
    [22:37:57] [Blue Bot] Checking for updates...
    Made by: Blue Kirby
    Last edited by nitroburn; 06-06-2013 at 12:35 AM.

Thanks
    I'm having the same problem. Here's my console:
    lua_openscript_cl blue.lua
    Running script blue.lua...
    Couldn't include file 'blue.lua' (File not found) (<nowhere>)
    This only started to happen after I updated and Gmod 'converted' to a newer file format or something. I'm opted in for Steam Beta, so that might effect it.
    And here's my folder, the main thing that changed is the garrysmod folder is now garrysmod_old. I tried to make a new folder just called garrysmod and pasted my lua folder, but it didn't work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails
    NGVoDeT.png  

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryJ View Post
    I'm having the same problem. Here's my console:

This only started to happen after I updated and Gmod 'converted' to a newer file format or something. I'm opted in for Steam Beta, so that might effect it.
    And here's my folder, the main thing that changed is the garrysmod folder is now garrysmod_old. I tried to make a new folder just called garrysmod and pasted my lua folder, but it didn't work.
    Do you have a folder \Steam\steamapps\common ? (go down/back two folders and look for common)
    Does it have a garrysmod folder in there?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    go into the old garrysmod folder, go to lua and put the script in there. make sure it is named right.
    Open gmod, start abyss or gnomemultibypass, tick allowlua, join server, lua_openscript_cl <the name of lua script>.lua
    Last edited by lifeordeathza; 06-06-2013 at 12:57 AM.

Thanks
    Do you have a folder \Steam\steamapps\common ? (go down/back two folders and look for common)
    Does it have a garrysmod folder in there?
    Perfect! I didn't realize that it changed from /username/ to /common/ instead. I pasted my lua folder into the directory, used the lua_openscript_cl command and it worked. Thanks much. I still have one more problem though, it says in-game that CSS isn't installed right and it needs to be for DarkRP to work right. All the models still work but it's just annoying taking up chat space.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryJ View Post
    Perfect! I didn't realize that it changed from /username/ to /common/ instead. I pasted my lua folder into the directory, used the lua_openscript_cl command and it worked. Thanks much. I still have one more problem though, it says in-game that CSS isn't installed right and it needs to be for DarkRP to work right. All the models still work but it's just annoying taking up chat space.
    Glad that helped. One question, is it /common/garrysmod/lua or /common/garrysmod/garrysmod/lua? I don't have this conversion yet so I was just wondering for others.

For CSS, I right clicked CSS in Steam's Library, went Properties, Local Files then clicked Verify Integrity of Game Cache. Not sure if you've done this already. Moves it to the common folder as well.
    Last edited by nitroburn; 06-06-2013 at 01:13 AM.

Thanks
    Glad that helped. One question, is it /common/garrysmod/lua or /common/garrysmod/garrysmod/lua? I don't have this conversion yet so I was just wondering for others.

For CSS, I right clicked CSS in Steam's Library, went Properties, Local Files then clicked Verify Integrity of Game Cache. Not sure if you've done this already. Moves it to the common folder as well.
    It's now \common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\lua instead of username. One more thing, on bluebot I don't want to use aim on mouse1, I want to use a keybind. What command do I bind?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast