Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Post Garry's Mod Hacking

Introduction:
    You are here because you want to know or refresh your knowledge about hacking/cheating in Garry's Mod.
    This guide isn't here to tell you how to create hacks, cheats or modules. It's here to assist you in installing them and running them.

This is just a basic guide and it wont be able to tell you absolutely everything, but hey.
    We all have to start somewhere.

In most, and I can't stress this enough, of the normal servers you'll be dealing with there are restrictions that disallows you to use custom scripts (.lua) and/or certain console commands that might be considered cheating and or harmful for the server or the balance of it.
    Those servers requires you to use some sort of bypasser. They can all be found here in this section.

If you're having any problem with any hack of any sort, that includes bypassers, glitches and exploits, but is not limited to.
    Please consult the respective thread for assistance instead of creating a new thread about it. Just be patient and someone is bound to help you out at some point.

Disclaimer:
    I will not be held responsible for any banned accounts, it is completely up to you if you use hacks.
    This also includes any of the creators/poster of any bypassers, hacks or any other glitch, exploit or abuse
    But if you do, always try to make sure it's undetected and do not use it after any new updates of the game.
    In short, if you use hacks, use them cautiously.

And if you're afraid to get banned, don't use them at all.

About VAC:
    Yes, there actually is VAC in here. But it doesn't work as you'd think, it's a modified version of VAC and will only ban you for blacklisted modules.
    So using any of the .lua hacks you might find on here wont ever ban you, and there's a perfectly good reason for it as well.
    Due to the fact that Garry's Mod is using it for almost everything and it's main usage isn't only for hacks and other mischief.
    It's there so that people COULD create their own gamemode, weapons or whatever they feel like coding.
    But the method or process of bypassing the security in a server might, even though the chances of it happening are slim to none right now.
    It's working in the same way as with the modules, only if they are blacklisted.

About AC's:
    As you don't really have to worry about VAC catching onto you, some individuals have taken it upon themselves to try and stop hackers server-side instead of relying on VAC. These are called Anti-Cheats, what they do is stop certain commands being run or checking if a certain concommand (console command, such as sv_cheats, sv_allowcslua etc.) has a certain integer (number)

i.e. If you have bypassed sv_cheats and it has the number of 1, a server MIGHT check up on that by intervals to see IF you have that concommand at any other integer than 0. And that might either alert them, auto-ban you, kick you or broadcast that you're cheater.

I will not go into details with this either, this is sufficient information for you to start on.
    If you do get banned by this, it's only on this server and this server only.

Directories and file-locations:
    As I'm not psychic I can't know where you have installed your steam and can not provide you with the exact directory it is in.
    i.e. I have my steam installed in D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
    You might have yours in C: or even E:, the possibilities here and virtually endless.

So in order for this to work you need to know how to navigate around your PC.
    If you don't know how to do this, I can't help you.

If you don't have the specified folder in the location below, create it.

Normally when you're installing a hack you will need to place your .lua files in this directory.
    .\Steam\steamapps\[username]\garrysmod\garrysmod\lua

If you have a garrysmod_old folder located under your username folder (in \Steam\steamapps\[username]\), you should be using this directory, or in any other instance where the game for some reason doesn't seem to find your files.
    .\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\lua

Normally when you're installing a module you will need to place your .dll files in this directory.

.\Steam\steamapps\[username]\garrysmod\garrysmod\lua\bin

If you have a garrysmod_old folder located under your username folder (in \Steam\steamapps\[username]\), you should be using this directory, or in any other instance where the game for some reason doesn't seem to find your files.
    .\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\lua\b in

Redistributable:
    Some of the issues that you might be having or getting might be related to you not having the right drivers to run them.
    So install the following, just to make sure that you're set.

If you are running a x32 computer (x86) then you should get the x86 versions of these.
    If you're running a x64 computer then you should get both the x86 version and the x64 one if possible.

How to run the hacks:
    There are several possibilities to how one would start a hack but the most popular way of hacking Garry's Mod is to use the in-game console to load a lua script.

In order to run a lua script, I've said it and I'll say it again. You'll need some method of bypassing the protection of Garry's Mod (Bypasser).
    So once you've got a working bypasser you can start your hack up.

Enter the in-game console and write;
    lua_openscript_cl name.lua (name, of course, is whatever your lua-hack is called)
    There's also one command called lua_openscript but you don't have to bother with that.
    What you need to keep tabs of is the _cl one, the CL stands for client.

Then there's of course the other type of hacks that are injected into the client with an injector.
    But I wont go into details with this, that is for each uploader to do.

How to change a .txt file to .lua.
    This isn't as hard as it might seem but it might not be common knowledge if you don't mess around with your computer too much.
    So I'll provide a tutorial on how to change the file extension for any files.
    How to Change a File Extension in Windows

I strongly advice you not to mess with it more than you have to and if you feel unsure or unsafe using this in any way it might lead to software not working or even death of your OS if you manage to alter a file that you shouldn't have touched in the first place.

So once you're done with altering your file to whichever extension you need it to be, you should turn this option off.
    I'd say this is for "advanced users"

Troubleshooting/Issues:
    There is, as in many different other cases, a whole bunch of errors and issues that you might run into if you're unlucky.
    I can't stress this enough, keep your issue in it's proper thread, there's no need to create another thread about something that already exists.
    Consult the creator of whatever you're having issues with instead of creating a new thread.

This means, write a question in the correct thread - But before you do, make sure that you've read all of it.
    I've been answering the same questions over and over again and quite honestly, I'm losing faith in humanity.
    Read, search - Your question might already have been answered.

Common Knowledge:
    There are some things that you simply can't do.
    • You can't, without admin rights, use any console commands that would give yourself anything such as, but not limited to. - godmode, noclip and or items.
    • You can't make yourself Admin and/or owner.
    • You can't make no-spread with lua.
    • You can't get unbanned if you do get banned.
      Unless it's an AC and you kiss the ass of the server owner to get un-banned.

And here is some general information
    • Poorly optimized/coded hacks WILL make you lag. Why? Because it makes your computer work extra hard to retain any information it's given.
    • Badly coded hacks are likely to prompt you the "Disconnect: "Too many Lua Errors! Sorry!"." error.
    • You can't load a lua hack without a method of bypass. (sv_allowcslua)
    • Some hacks/bypassers might trigger your antivirus, I can't speak for all the uploads here, but they are likely false-positive.
    • You need a bypass for sv_cheats in order to use any in-game speedhack.

If you feel that I've missed something, feel free to suggest changes or additions.
    Last edited by Hunter; 01-17-2016 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Changing & Adding information.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Gray For This Useful Post:

Dario789 (06-12-2013),Don Weaso (06-14-2013),Extel (07-23-2013),Hunter (04-23-2016),Janitor (06-12-2013),jerrymathew (06-12-2013),JohnGon (01-09-2014),Kiwick (07-16-2013),lifeordeathza (06-12-2013),LordOfGears2 (06-16-2013),Margen67 (01-03-2014),[MPGH]Mayion (11-22-2013),mitsuhide_ashikaga (06-14-2013),noah7109 (06-17-2013),SwaggerMan123 (07-10-2013),Symmetrical (06-27-2013),willster4546 (04-18-2018),zhenzhenzhen (12-25-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Nice , should be a sticky thread

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeordeathza View Post
    Nice , should be a sticky thread
    It will likely be. And hopefully this will help out the masses.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gray For This Useful Post:

Extel (07-23-2013)

Thanks
    Also a nice thing to do is when a server does have some Anit cheats, Active your cheats then set sv_cheats to 0. Could get around some. Kirby also posted a lot of info on how to get rid of some of the client side checks. Nice thread.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ehex View Post
    Also a nice thing to do is when a server does have some Anit cheats, Active your cheats then set sv_cheats to 0. Could get around some. Kirby also posted a lot of info on how to get rid of some of the client side checks. Nice thread.
    Yeah, that's why I mentioned the intervals.
    Got any information worth adding to the guide?

@Hannibal Could you change the information inside the spoilers named LUA and Module?
    I want the underlined text to be black and bold instead.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post

Yeah, that's why I mentioned the intervals.
    Got any information worth adding to the guide?

@Hannibal Could you change the information inside the spoilers named LUA and Module?
    I want the underlined text to be black and bold instead.

done but it fucked up, i'll probably attempt to fix when i'm sober.

VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post

I'll try and remind you later on then, thanks anyhow.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful
    I have a question regarding the blacklisted modules. Is CVar3 a blacklisted module that will get you VAC banned?

Thanks

I guess you're not drunk now, please fix it

Quote Originally Posted by Azrius View Post
    I have a question regarding the blacklisted modules. Is CVar3 a blacklisted module that will get you VAC banned?
    I've heard both yes and no.
    So I guess it's server specific.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Only way to fix the spoilers was to remove the gray bolded letters at the top of them.

VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015

Thanks

Only way to fix the spoilers was to remove the gray bolded letters at the top of them.
    That works too

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

I've heard both yes and no.
    So I guess it's server specific.
    I've heard of people just renaming cvar3 to something else and making a minor edit of the code and it remains undetected?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by superaero_ View Post

I've heard of people just renaming cvar3 to something else and making a minor edit of the code and it remains undetected?
    Don't think that renaming it would make a difference.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Didn't think so either. But apparently it is working for people oddly enough.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by superaero_ View Post
    Didn't think so either. But apparently it is working for people oddly enough.
    I have never been detected for having cvar3. .
    And don't they scan HOW it runs, not the name only.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast