Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Help for noob on buying an account

Hi I am considering buying an ava account. I was a bit late to the party starting playing in Nov 2012. I have been reading through some of the sale threads and have seen references made like "make sure you get the steam login and password too"

I play through aeria ignite and do not have a steam acc so I know nothing about such things and so I have some questions regarding older accounts that began under ijji.

Will these old ijji accounts always have a related steam account?

if so what problems might this cause to non steam players buying an old ijji account?

Regardless of above what information should I get regarding buying an old ijji account. What I mean is do I just need the game login and password and email and password or is there more information involved.

As for the actual trade is it safe enough to pay Paypal (not gift) and claim refund if its a scam or is it always necessary to use the OMM service. Just that looks like it might take a bit of organising when we might be 6 or more hours apart.

I have also seen "never go first" advice given to buyers? That's fine if you are a well established poster on here but how do the rest of us convince a seller to go first ?

Many Thanks
    Last edited by bertieb; 06-14-2013 at 06:59 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    It's not a big problem for you if you do not have a Steam account. The first time you launched the AVA launcher via Steam, it would attempt to "link" the ijji/Aeria account. to you Steam account. (by linking, i mean Steam will auto-login for you, some sort of info is saved to allow that. So if you never had Steam in you life, then you don't need to worry about anything related to Steam accounts.

Aeria did the same Steam integration after the migration, so what was said above is still the same.

What do you mean by old ijji accounts? Like actual old ijji accounts, or accounts that went through ijji times? If you mean the former, then I rather not take any chance buying anything not migrated to Aeria. Since there is very limited access on ijji, you can't show much proof anyways.

As for the trade, I can't explain about Paypal and refund info since I don't have enough experience in these sort of things. But it's better to be really safe using an OMM.

Those with the buyers never go first mentality, people with some influence on this section (MPGH staff, well-known people, etc.) can usually be trusted. (NOTE: don't go by post count!) If both the traders can't seem to agree on who goes first, then go OMM. You rather be safe than sorry.
    Alliance of Valiant Arms Wiki Editor: March - August, 2014

3. The Following User Says Thank You to aznfreak93 For This Useful Post:

bertieb (06-16-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Thanks man I'm new at all this.

I did just mean an original ijji account that had been migrated to aeria. With the references to ijji steam accounts I had read in the sales threads I wasnt sure if all ijji ava was through steam and if after selling account they would still have access to it through steam?

---------- Post added at 05:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ----------

I presume most of these cap gun accounts with more than 4 or 5 are Euro farmed but still it looks like an awful lot of effort to make all those euros and camp out the cap shop.

Does it make them worth less than a non farmed account because your account might eventually be checked by aeria and banned?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by bertieb View Post
    Thanks man I'm new at all this.

I did just mean an original ijji account that had been migrated to aeria. With the references to ijji steam accounts I had read in the sales threads I wasnt sure if all ijji ava was through steam and if after selling account they would still have access to it through steam?

---------- Post added at 05:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ----------

I presume most of these cap gun accounts with more than 4 or 5 are Euro farmed but still it looks like an awful lot of effort to make all those euros and camp out the cap shop.

Does it make them worth less than a non farmed account because your account might eventually be checked by aeria and banned?
    Just remember, Steam is a games/software distributor. People could still play ijji AVA via ijji Reactor (Aeria Ignite equivalent). (Of course this is not possible now)
    You will still need to worry about that possibility of people regaining access since, as I said before, Aeria does the same thing.

Euro caps don't have much value to them, as far as I have observed... They may increase the account value by a small margin (?) but not much like 15 dollars.
    And I presume people pay less for farm because of that risk of ban. From another thread that I have heard, higher-leveled accounts don't get easily rooted out.

This is where my aid sort of ends. Well, Happy trading! And be safe and not scammed! :3
    Last edited by aznfreak93; 06-16-2013 at 09:30 PM.
    Alliance of Valiant Arms Wiki Editor: March - August, 2014

6. The Following User Says Thank You to aznfreak93 For This Useful Post:

bertieb (06-17-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by aznfreak93 View Post
    You will still need to worry about that possibility of people regaining access since, as I said before, Aeria does the same thing.
    Thanks for the help mate

Well i bought the account and changed the email address and password. However your statement above concerns me. I'm guessing it is still possible for the seller to report the account stolen and have it returned to them?