Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Starver View Post
    Since PRISM. I'm just mad, because they fucked up my favorite console, and I have no excuse to be an Xbox fanboy anymore. I know that we're being observed at all times.
    You've got to be kidding me. You're simply overly paranoid and bandwagoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    How everyone is getting so upset about the possibility of being monitored and/or tracked by the Xbox One is absurd, since nearly every American surrounds themselves with potential monitoring devices on a daily basis; one being your personal cell phone, followed by your computer. This holds true to every device with a microphone and camera connected, as they can be controlled if compromised remotely.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Since PRISM. I'm just mad, because they fucked up my favorite console, and I have no excuse to be an Xbox fanboy anymore. I know that we're being observed at all times.
    A 30 sec recording is over a gig. Try transfering that accross a network with no one noticing. Oh, you mean to suggest audio recording then? The Xbox 360 had equal ability. What stops sony from putting a secret camera in the disk tray or a recording device on the motherboard? Do you see how absurd this is?

Why would Microsoft engineer this system to be used as a spying device? So the can be given a secret court order from the corrupt government to ruin their reputation as renown software engineers?

The kinect being a standard device has encouraged developers to explore the device. The Kinect 2.0 can monitor relative heart rate, measure relative force on your muscles and determine accurate orientation and location of physical body parts. Further, it can also detect human gestures such as smiling, fear and happiness via skin tone & facial imaging. This is a vision I read suggest by one of the few who have explored their creativity with the kinect (paraphrasing) and illumiroom

They suggested that horror games can use these physical measurements of a human being to determine how to scare the individual and react to their physical and audible characteristics. The illumiroom can cast shadows in your perihperal vision and give your mind a sense of immersion. Light the room in a false sense of security then go completely dark.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to radnomguywfq3 For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Killian (06-17-2013)

Thanks
    Xbox Done.

/nuff said.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I just... Okay, maybe I said too many generalities. I don't like the fact that they force me to use Kinect and I'll boycott their console. Microsoft is co-operating with NSA, they give away confidential information if they have to. End of story. Once again - fuck Microshit and their shitty console.
    Mam do Ciebie prośbę.
    Nie pisz na anglojęzycznym forum w naszym ojczystym języku.
    To nie w porządku.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    I just... Okay, maybe I said too many generalities. I don't like the fact that they force me to use Kinect and I'll boycott their console. Microsoft is co-operating with NSA, they give away confidential information if they have to. End of story. Once again - fuck Microshit and their shitty console.
    Why? Would be my question. "Because Microsoft has eyes into every living room." might be your answer. Well, with your logic, would sony not as well? Even more so if you fanboys honestly think Sony is going to conqour?

I should also say Microsoft along with Google is fighting for greater transparency in Government data requests from organizations. I didn't see Sony there.
    NSA scandal: Microsoft and Twitter join calls to disclose data requests | World news | The Guardian

A national security letter is used by US government agencies such as the FBI and NSA to demand access to data from companies – who are forbidden from revealing that they have been served such a request.

Google, Microsoft and Twitter publish "transparency reports" detailing how many government requests they receive for user data in various countries, but those for the US do not include Fisa requests or other NSL demands. Facebook has not so far published a transparency report.
    Microsoft said: "Our recent report went as far as we legally could and the government should take action to allow companies to provide additional transparency."
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 06-17-2013 at 03:05 PM.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to radnomguywfq3 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Where are you getting this from? In privacy control guidelines released earlier this week, the company said that Xbox One owners will have control of what the Kinect can see and hear, including the ability to turn the Kinect sensors off. Nor, the company says, will any personal data leave the console without the player’s explicit permission.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolfmay View Post
    Why? Would be my question. "Because Microsoft has eyes into every living room." might be your answer. Well, with your logic, would sony not as well? Even more so if you fanboys honestly think Sony is going to conqour?
    Yawn, I'm tired, it's late in here. I was not really thinking that much about what I'm writing, but it's obvious that Microsoft is nor better nor worse than any other company on the market. Tho, I honestly doubt that X1 will beat other next-generation consoles (well, maybe it will beat Wii-U). Why? Because they are trying to abolish the tradition of gaming.

First of all - with the new Xbox, people will have commitments to the console. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. Console should be there for me, not the other way around. I should decide whether I want my Xbox connected to the internet or not.

Second of all - Steam-like games policy. That's just greedy, I bought the game, I should be able to whatever I like with it, whether it's lending it to another person, or selling it. But no, you can't sell it. They are telling you how are you supposed to use your product, hell, they force you to do exactly what they want you to do. That means it's not really yours anymore.

Third of all - Kinect. I always thought it's a useless gadget. So what if it's an advanced piece of technology - as a hardcore gamer I don't need this shit. All I need is some snacks and headset. Instead of food they give me this intelligent camera. And they charge me 100$ for it.

There. 'Nuff said. sry 4 bad engrish i foregin

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    Where are you getting this from? In privacy control guidelines released earlier this week, the company said that Xbox One owners will have control of what the Kinect can see and hear, including the ability to turn the Kinect sensors off. Nor, the company says, will any personal data leave the console without the player’s explicit permission.
    I was not thinking about Kinect anymore. Just Microshit products in general (you know, Hotmail, Windows, MSN...).
    Mam do Ciebie prośbę.
    To nie w porządku.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Yawn, I'm tired, it's late in here. I was not really thinking that much about what I'm writing, but it's obvious that Microsoft is nor better nor worse than any other company on the market. Tho, I honestly doubt that X1 will beat other next-generation consoles (well, maybe it will beat Wii-U). Why? Because they are trying to abolish the tradition of gaming.
    True, I agree with this entirely. When Sony released PS4, they took the traditional approach. They took there PS3, put in better hardware, then shat it out to consumers with virtually zero innovation. Microsoft is moving forward. Rememeber they're building this console to last them a long while and technology flies by. As we move forward in technology, it gets much more expensive to develop these games - you can't have traditional. Not anymore. No one can afford it.

First of all - with the new Xbox, people will have commitments to the console. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. Console should be there for me, not the other way around. I should decide whether I want my Xbox connected to the internet or not.
    Guess what, you live in 2013. Get a internet connection. Without one you close doors to a lot of technology - not just the Xbox One. You don't even need a good one, you can tether your phone for gods sake. Even a couple kb bandwidth will do.

Second of all - Steam-like games policy. That's just greedy, I bought the game, I should be able to whatever I like with it, whether it's lending it to another person, or selling it. But no, you can't sell it. They are telling you how are you supposed to use your product, hell, they force you to do exactly what they want you to do. That means it's not really yours anymore.
    You can have up to 10 family members on the Xbox. Inbetween all 10 of the, only one needs gold and the rest of the family gets it. You share a games library (if one person in your family buys a game, everyone has access to it) instantly and digitally. You are pointing out all the things you can't do with the new DRM but you fail to appreciate all the things you _can_ do with the new DRM tech. Share games. Trade games without starving developers and getting fucked by retailers. Argued by Bleszinski himself, a used game market cannot co-exist with an AAA market and this used game market does nothing but harm to developers.
    Used games and AAA markets can't co-exist, says Bleszinski | Polygon

Third of all - Kinect. I always thought it's a useless gadget. So what if it's an advanced piece of technology - as a hardcore gamer I don't need this shit. All I need is some snacks and headset. Instead of food they give me this intelligent camera. And they charge me 100$ for it.
    Thats why you're the person with "some snacks and a headset" and not the indviduals exploring their creativity and developing next generation gaming technology.
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 06-17-2013 at 04:06 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to radnomguywfq3 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolfmay View Post
    True, I agree with this entirely. When Sony released PS4, they took the traditional approach. They took there PS3, put in better hardware, then shat it out to consumers with virtually zero innovation. Microsoft is moving forward. Rememeber they're building this console to last them a long while and technology flies by. As we move forward in technology, it gets much more expensive to develop these games - you can't have traditional. Not anymore. No one can afford it.

Guess what, you live in 2013. Get a internet connection. Without one you close doors to a lot of technology - not just the Xbox One. You don't even need a good one, you can tether your phone for gods sake. Even a couple kb bandwidth will do.

You can have up to 10 family members on the Xbox. Inbetween all 10 of the, only one needs gold and the rest of the family gets it. You share a games library (if one person in your family buys a game, everyone has access to it) instantly and digitally. You are pointing out all the things you can't do with the new DRM but you fail to appreciate all the things you _can_ do with the new DRM tech. Share games. Trade games without starving developers and getting fucked by retailers. Argued by Bleszinski himself, a used game market cannot co-exist with an AAA market and this used game market does nothing but harm to developers.
    Used games and AAA markets can't co-exist, says Bleszinski | Polygon

Thats why you're the person with "some snacks and a headset" and not the indviduals exploring their creativity and developing next generation gaming technology.
    Couldn't have said it any better. Much appreciated, Jet.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Okay, you changed my point of view on DRM, but I'm not a fan of kinect, and it won't change any time soon. Classic controller works just fine for me, what can I do. Maybe they are fighting the image of fat people sitting with their controllers in hand, throwing meat through their headset and eating popcorn or whatever. It's fine, seriously. There's just one but - they are not doing it at cost. I know it's a common argument, but honestly - another 100 dollars makes a difference.

Now you seem pretty well informed. Tell me what will happen if I leave my console unplugged from the internet for... a week (I was on the trip, for instnce).
    Mam do Ciebie prośbę.
    To nie w porządku.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Okay, you changed my point of view on DRM, but I'm not a fan of kinect, and it won't change any time soon. Classic controller works just fine for me, what can I do. Maybe they are fighting the image of fat people sitting with their controllers in hand, throwing meat through their headset and eating popcorn or whatever. It's fine, seriously. There's just one but - they are not doing it at cost. I know it's a common argument, but honestly - another 100 dollars makes a difference.

Now you seem pretty well informed. Tell me what will happen if I leave my console unplugged from the internet for... a week (I was on the trip, for instnce).
    You mean to tell me you intend to travel where there is no Internet or cell phone reception(check ins can be done via phone)? Why bother then, you probably won't have electricity either.

Now if you intend to go to an unsupported region then technically you are fucked - but I don't see how a proxy can't help you there (may work idk if ms has measures against it)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234