In the air, rising higher and higher as I watch you crash.
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

Virus Help - The ULTIMATE Guide

Virus Help

If you think your computer has a virus, and you don’t have anti virus software then you should search for a free one Here. I would recommend downloading a free anti virus to stop infections.

Virus's And Internet

If you do have antivirus software, and it’s not working or not updating properly, the chances that the virus has locked you out of your antivirus software are high—they may even prevent you from accessing online virus scans by modifying your hosts file. If this is the case, then you should see the section in the left sidebar entitled “Can't Connect to Antivirus Websites?” There you will find instructions on how to reset your hosts file.

Keeping Your Anti-Virus Updated

If you have antivirus software and you still need to get rid of a virus, make sure that your antivirus software is properly updated. If your antivirus software isn’t updating online, but you still have access to the internet, then go your vendor’s website, download the latest update manually (most antivirus software companies offer one online), and install the update manually using the instructions given to you by the antivirus company.

Not a Virus? May be adware or spyware.

If your problem isn’t a virus, then it may in fact be a problem with spyware, adware, malware, or some other resident problem you’ve willingly installed. Want to get rid of it? Lavasoft makes a really good program called Ad-Aware SE Personal. It’s fast, efficient, up-to-date, and free! Yeah. You can’t beat the best adware/spyware protection for free.

EMERGENCY CASES!

"Help, The virus infected my computer and now i cant use my computer!"
    You may Want to try running your computer in safe mode. Once in safe mode you can do more things, try running system restore and try to restore your pc. If that dosnt work you may want to use ComboFix in safe mode. It may help get rid of viruses.

IVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND NOTHING WORKS!

Well Dramistic times call for dramistic measures. During the boot proccess hit F11 (either F11 or F12) and this will activate system recover *use this as a last resort, for it uninstalls everything that didnt come with your computer* This will restore your PC. But try to avoid using this.

Well Thanks for reading my guide, Thank me please.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DylanOwnsYou For This Useful Post:

combatnoob3 (09-14-2009)

In the air, rising higher and higher as I watch you crash.
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    sorry for double post - But no1 posting or thanking, c'mon it took me a long time to make this!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DylanOwnsYou For This Useful Post:

combatnoob3 (09-14-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by DylanOwnsYou View Post
    sorry for double post - But no1 posting or thanking, c'mon it took me a long time to make this!
    No one's really online right now...and this is fairly common knowledge.
    However, thank you for taking the time to contribute. I'm sure this will help someone.