Thread: Legalize It!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Legalize It!

Why the hell was it even stamped "Bad" by the government in the first place? Marijuana has got to be the most useful drug know to man kind. Its a great stress/pain reliever, doctors proscribe it to patients daily. Which is another funny thing, why is a doctor allowed to just hand the shit out to whoever he feels fit to consume it? Because the government gave him/her the power to distribute it willingly? Honestly its just a big joke to me. Not only me though, I remember watching some documentary on Discovery on Marijuana and two retired police captains were being interviewed. They were both asked which they preferred, Marijuana or Alcohol. Without thinking twice they both said Marijuana. They stated that pot was not only a substance that keeps the user calm, it also prevents them from doing anything dangerous to the outside world. When asked their views on alcohol, they replied with the same basic statement that the poison cause all sorts of problems not just inside the body, but outside as well. Alcohol makes people extremely more aggressive and impairs their ability to drive.

During prohibition the government didn't make private consumption of alcohol illegal, just the distribution of the product. Now that seems completely fair. If you enjoy alcohol enough just make it yourself, but only for yourself. A+ 1920's American Government! Now lets implement that same practice in today's world but for weed. We don't need to be selling it, but if I wanna roll a fat fucking blunt on my front porch and take it straight to the face, I should damn well have the right to.

It's a natural plant after all, it my be invasive to North America but fuck, how many other types of plants shouldn't be here? I feel the issue needs to be dealt with now. Government needs to pull their heads out from their asses and address the huge issue at hand.

"Dab is a Shitposting Retard" - Boombox 2016

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    TL;DR: Legalize Marijuana.

Thanks
    Okay let the government legalize weed then we will see an increased rate of schizophrenia. How about that?
    Marijuana increases the risk of developing schizophrenia although it may have benefits legalizing it wouldn't be a good idea.

Read this paragrph from an article:

Researchers in New Zealand found that those who used cannabis by the age of 15 were more than three times (300%) more likely to develop illnesses such as schizophrenia. Other research has backed this up, showing that cannabis use increases the risk of psychosis by up to 700% for heavy users, and that the risk increases in proportion to the amount of cannabis used (smoked or consumed). Additionally, the younger a person smokes/uses cannabis, the higher the risk for schizophrenia, and the worse the schizophrenia is when the person does develop it. Research by psychiatrists in inner-city areas speak of cannabis being a factor in up to 80 percent of schizophrenia cases.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjoi View Post
    Legalize It!
    ​I'm just chilling here in Colorado.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafapi View Post
    Okay let the government legalize weed then we will see an increased rate of schizophrenia. How about that?
    Marijuana increases the risk of developing schizophrenia although it may have benefits legalizing it wouldn't be a good idea.

Read this paragrph from an article:

Researchers in New Zealand found that those who used cannabis by the age of 15 were more than three times (300%) more likely to develop illnesses such as schizophrenia. Other research has backed this up, showing that cannabis use increases the risk of psychosis by up to 700% for heavy users, and that the risk increases in proportion to the amount of cannabis used (smoked or consumed). Additionally, the younger a person smokes/uses cannabis, the higher the risk for schizophrenia, and the worse the schizophrenia is when the person does develop it. Research by psychiatrists in inner-city areas speak of cannabis being a factor in up to 80 percent of schizophrenia cases.
    Article is pointing towards the more heavy users. What I use it for would be very similar to an individual who smoke cigarettes when they are pissed or going through stressful times. On the positive side, I'm not a very stressful person.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post

​I'm just chilling here in Colorado.
    Colorado.. damn.. hot bitches all over the place.

Thanks

Article is pointing towards the more heavy users. What I use it for would be very similar to an individual who smoke cigarettes when they are pissed or going through stressful times. On the positive side, I'm not a very stressful person.
    Well I guess that would be okay. Because I have seen some of my friends that used to smoke weed develop schizophrenia in the last few years luckily I stopped before it became a daily habit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafapi View Post
    I stopped before it became a daily habit
    It's not a habit for me. Though honestly I don't find it to be addicting the slightest. I find its not that drug that's "addicting" but the way it makes you feel. You body doesn't develop a craving for it either which is another plus.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    1. Lowers Sperm Count.
    2. SHORT TERM memory loss, if used before around age 18 though while your brain is still growing, could be more damaging to memory.
    3. Can get arrested (let's hope that changes)
    4. Have to deal with shady people who sell hard drugs.
    5. Drug Testing at jobs can get you fired.
    6. The stoner sterotypes of being dumb, lazy, and such. Which is very often, NOT true. so, slander of your name.
    7. Costs too much money. And for that price, I'm not wanting to pay to get 'stress relief' which could end up making you a dumbass.

TL;DR: Don't use it until you're thirty, have the spare cash, and society doesn't need you to give a shit.
    Last edited by Plutonsvea; 06-23-2013 at 02:10 AM.
    Did I help you? You know what to do.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    They are gonna want me to be giving a shit when I'm voting.
    Though I have spare cash now. Got full ride to UCF's Aerospace Engineering Program. NASA here I come!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    They are gonna want me to be giving a shit when I'm voting.
    Though I have spare cash now. Got full ride to UCF's Aerospace Engineering Program. NASA here I come!
    OHHH SHIT! You're gonna be voting. DAMN! Better make sure not to piss off the minority.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxilium View Post

OHHH SHIT! You're gonna be voting. DAMN! Better make sure not to piss off the minority.
    I have a proposition for you, how about you hop off my dick and go bother someone else? I think it would not only benefit you but the entire world.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

I have a proposition for you.
    I will have to decline.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxilium View Post

I will have to decline.
    Then I now proclaim you a fag of the MPGH community.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Assistive For This Useful Post:

Misery Jr. (02-04-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Then I now proclaim you a fag of the MPGH community.
    This post pretty much sums up this forum, people calling each other fags and getting fucking angry all the time.

And yes, that includes me.