Thanks

Grimskull, Thoughts and reviews?

I'm making this thread because I'd like to know what everyone thinks about the grimskull dungeon and everything that encompasses grimskull.

For me the first floor of grimskull was fun, it was an adventure and it was a breath of fresh air however upon getting to the second level, it to me it was a bunch of copy and paste repetitive tasks that led to a boss who was interesting and had massive exp yet dropped some of the crappiest items I've seen in AQW. It had no flash no flavor no style. I would have rathered them choose this item as a drop instead of just putting it as a suggestion shop item.

It's 10x cooler then both the hero blade and grimblade. Speaking of the hero blade wtf it's supposed to be the most powerful weapon in lore and yet look at this what do we get a crappy looking blade with a sup par enhancment that is overshadowed by the abilities of the awe enhancments. Then they think by coming out the the grimhero blade combining two crappy items into one somehow makes it even better.

Now say you bought the grimblight for the ridiculous 2k ac, you know what you get for that THE GRIMBLADE +10 wow that's something ain't it. 5% rep is nice but that's what the grimblight which is much cooler then the grimblade is for, but wait that's not it the grimblade says funny phrases omg my life is complete...not. Last but not least we had the wonderful giftshop items. Some were alright, but nothing flashed as much as this weeks weekly artist shop. Overall what started as an interesting adventure turned into a farming crapshoot deep within a bland and uninteresting last part of the dungeon.

The Pros:
    New Ideas
    Interesting Concepts
    A couple of somewhat cool items
    A challenge

The Cons:
    Repetitive after the first part
    Not enough time spent on variety
    Bland weapons especially for the heroblade and grimblade
    Did I mention repetitive
    Repetitive
    The Cake is a lie and what I mean by that, The most powerful weapon turned out to be junk.
    Uninteresting abilities for the grimblade

Well that's just my opinion. What is everyone elses thoughts?
    Last edited by Adventcloud; 06-23-2013 at 11:57 AM.

Thanks
    For me I think that the dungeons, monster, and quests was fairly easy, except for blinky. You could farm the tokens very fast, and you could get the heroblade without much trouble, but some people just use bots now. I've never tried the grimblight before so i don't know about that, but i think it's a little too overpriced. Freakin' thing costs the same as buying a class. Might as well spend ac's on classes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventcloud View Post
    I'm making this thread because I'd like to know what everyone thinks about the grimskull dungeon and everything that encompasses grimskull.

For me the first floor of grimskull was fun, it was an adventure and it was a breath of fresh air however upon getting to the second level, it to me it was a bunch of copy and paste repetitive tasks that led to a boss who was interesting and had massive exp yet dropped some of the crappiest items I've seen in AQW. It had no flash no flavor no style. I would have rathered them choose this item as a drop instead of just putting it as a suggestion shop item.

It's 10x cooler then both the hero blade and grimblade. Speaking of the hero blade wtf it's supposed to be the most powerful weapon in lore and yet look at this what do we get a crappy looking blade with a sup par enhancment that is overshadowed by the abilities of the awe enhancments. Then they think by coming out the the grimhero blade combining two crappy items into one somehow makes it even better.

Now say you bought the grimblight for the ridiculous 2k ac, you know what you get for that THE GRIMBLADE +10 wow that's something ain't it. 5% rep is nice but that's what the grimblight which is much cooler then the grimblade is for, but wait that's not it the grimblade says funny phrases omg my life is complete...not. Last but not least we had the wonderful giftshop items. Some were alright, but nothing flashed as much as this weeks weekly artist shop. Overall what started as an interesting adventure turned into a farming crapshoot deep within a bland and uninteresting last part of the dungeon.

The Pros:
    New Ideas
    Interesting Concepts
    A challenge

The Cons:
    Did I mention repetitive
    Repetitive
    The Cake is a lie and what I mean by that, The most powerful weapon turned out to be junk.

You´re right about everything

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    This is very accurate. I agree with everything you stated, especially about the weapon part, they hyped it up so much and turned out to be trash. I would also like to ask, when is the dage stuff coming?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

The Pros:
    New Ideas
    Interesting Concepts
    A challenge

The Cons:
    Did I mention repetitive
    Repetitive

They dissapoint us to make the dage release so much better.
    Ayy Lmao

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    It will come out this summer
    Last edited by xask; 06-23-2013 at 04:06 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Omg that sword looks BADASS.
    the agony of death surpasses love.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    It felt like a tedious grind from the beginning.

Thanks
    lmfao check it out, my thread got placed in AQW forum as a main thread XD

=AQW= Grimskull Dungeon: Release Post-Mortem

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    lmfao check it out, my thread got placed in AQW forum as a main thread XD

=AQW= Grimskull Dungeon: Release Post-Mortem
    Wow, (S)he copied it word for word...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    i agree with whoever posted the first post was.....

Thanks
    But the best sword in AQW, the little thing, isn't it supposed to be a bit derpy?
    I know some people totally won't agree with this, but man: If you make a game where you see 10 times the animation of Grimskull laughing at you.
    Then you can expect other things may be derpy.
    Everybody is complaining about the game, it fails before the release, and also after.
    The thing: why would you play it, if you dont like all things what are new.
    I dont directly say that you guys hate on every realease, but 2/3 of the people I spoke, complain about every thing AE does.
    I would say AE has to listen better to their players, but man, some players are annoying as hell.
    If you don't like a release, why would you play it? You don't have to...
    Last edited by Quibble; 06-24-2013 at 05:21 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibble View Post
    But the best sword in AQW, the little thing, isn't it supposed to be a bit derpy?
    I know some people totally won't agree with this, but man: If you make a game where you see 10 times the animation of Grimskull laughing at you.
    Then you can expect other things may be derpy.
    Everybody is complaining about the game, it fails before the release, and also after.
    The thing: why would you play it, if you dont like all things what are new.
    I dont directly say that you guys hate on every realease, but 2/3 of the people I spoke, complain about every thing AE does.
    I would say AE has to listen better to their players, but man, some players are annoying as hell.
    If you don't like a release, why would you play it? You don't have to...
    this thread was about what we the players thought about the release.
    it was not about you bitching because most players didnt like it. please read the first post again if you couldnt understand it