Thread: iOS vs. Android

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot

iOS vs. Android

Ah, the ubiquitous iOS versus Android operating systems debate.

--- Rules ---
    Opinions allowed
    Facts allowed
    Everything else not allowed

The Android operating system is powerful, but I find iOS just simply elegant and clean, after all it did come from Apple. The masters of elegant and clean. It reminds of OS X and is just user friendly, nothing really wrong with it. Perhaps not as much freedom as Android, but after all it is a phone. Most people with phones just use them to call and text, everything else is still pretty new. In my opinion Android is a little cluttered, by default you already have many apps for many different purposes, which can make somebody who is new to Android feel a bit lost. With Android you do have complete freedom and more power, much like Linux.

Remember this is solely about the operating systems alone, not individual cell phone models, etc.
    Last edited by k0mrade; 05-29-2013 at 06:47 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    I vote for android ofc.

Thanks
    I also vote for Android.

Although I had an Apple device before an Android device, I feel that Android has kept the traditional 'Phone' feel when Apple have gone and started almost from scratch...
    Yeah, IOS is very clean and simple but it feels like you're in a box where you can't get out.
    The Android however feels like the roof of the box is open and you can customize the phone to be close enough to how you want it to be..

I dunno
    Find my latest releases on my YT:

Thanks
    I've had three apple devices, two iPod touches and an iPad. Safari crashes all of the time. It's a terrible web browser. All three devices randomly slow the fuck down for no reason. Apps crash in the middle of games, and it takes at least five minutes to open them again. Any problem with the device almost always means it has to be sent in, which costs 99 bucks to fix without warranty. For the hardware inside, they all are overpriced. Only one app store with almost zero customizable options available.

I have had to Galaxy S3's, and the Galaxy Tab. Web browser fairly stable, does occasionally crash when too many plugins are running on a site at once, but opens to the same page fairly quickly. Multiple app stores able to be accessed. Very customizable. There are many apps to utilize in when first using, though you can remove them easily. Interface quick and responsive. Almost zero lag issues. Does what I want it to do efficiently. However, there are quite a few apps that have issues as the standards of app creation are lower, there are still thousands of amazing apps.

You have to take into account that Android can't be judged on its own with iOS, as all iOS devices are uniform unlike Android devices. Such as the Galaxy S4, with the Octacore processor, no mobile product stands up to it at this moment.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

oXParadoxXo (07-26-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    1 word 'Android'.
    https://i.imgur.com/HCSHIhT.jpg

Need a vouch done? Click the banner above!

[img]https://**********.com/addskype/arkaniumlion.png[/img]

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    I use IOS but i think android wins.
    Help me get donator.

Want to become part of Editor Force? Click the tag below and apply now !

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    I've had three apple devices, two iPod touches and an iPad. Safari crashes all of the time. It's a terrible web browser. All three devices randomly slow the fuck down for no reason. Apps crash in the middle of games, and it takes at least five minutes to open them again. Any problem with the device almost always means it has to be sent in, which costs 99 bucks to fix without warranty. For the hardware inside, they all are overpriced. Only one app store with almost zero customizable options available.

I have had to Galaxy S3's, and the Galaxy Tab. Web browser fairly stable, does occasionally crash when too many plugins are running on a site at once, but opens to the same page fairly quickly. Multiple app stores able to be accessed. Very customizable. There are many apps to utilize in when first using, though you can remove them easily. Interface quick and responsive. Almost zero lag issues. Does what I want it to do efficiently. However, there are quite a few apps that have issues as the standards of app creation are lower, there are still thousands of amazing apps.

You have to take into account that Android can't be judged on its own with iOS, as all iOS devices are uniform unlike Android devices. Such as the Galaxy S4, with the Octacore processor, no mobile product stands up to it at this moment.
    My iphone 4 has never failed me once, but I use it very minimally and always close my apps when I'm done. I don't even have games installed either. I think for someone who just calls and texts and emails like I do iOS is better, but for someone who uses their phones intensively like you Android is the obvious choice. I had a Android phone once, it was a cheap $50 phone but like I said I am focusing on the OS here. I didn't like the OS on that phone so it left a bad taste in my mouth for Android ever since. It would randomly crash a lot and the phone was fine, it wasn't suited for the phones hardware, it was very slow, etc. Now you could blame this on the phone but I don't think that's a real excuse.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by k0mrade View Post

My iphone 4 has never failed me once, but I use it very minimally and always close my apps when I'm done. I don't even have games installed either. I think for someone who just calls and texts and emails like I do iOS is better, but for someone who uses their phones intensively like you Android is the obvious choice. I had a Android phone once, it was a cheap $50 phone but like I said I am focusing on the OS here. I didn't like the OS on that phone so it left a bad taste in my mouth for Android ever since. It would randomly crash a lot and the phone was fine, it wasn't suited for the phones hardware, it was very slow, etc. Now you could blame this on the phone but I don't think that's a real excuse.
    You've also got to remember that Android is not the same on every phone. There are separate distro's of Android, and a specific distro may be picked for specific features, then it must be ported to the phones hardware manually. Chances are that it was the hardware of the phone you were using that caused the errors, as well as bad porting sequencing.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    my vote goes to android!
    although ios is user friendly if you learn how android works you can do many things!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by k0mrade View Post
    Everything Else Not Allowed
    Fuck you

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Temperrr View Post

Fuck you
    That applies to arabs.

Thanks
    My HTC battery hates Android...instead of my mind. Android !

Thanks
    Apple has way to many restrictions.

I have had a iPad, iPhone, iPod, etc.

I now have a Galaxy S4, and getting a HTC One, I love android these days.

The one thing that gets me with apple products is FLASH. Steve Jobs claimed that all internet video or other types of java will be all html 5, but this is false, java wins.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Another vote here for Android.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    IOS is not very customizable and android has way too many glitches. Fuck Android and IOS, I'll stick with my windows phone.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Arun's Bitch For This Useful Post:

Fuzi8n (06-13-2013)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast