Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

Question [GUIDE] Sniper...

Before we start off, I should probably talk about the individual sniper rifles themselves as they are the key part to the sniping business (duh). So here is the list and a quick description of each one (and just for the record, these are the defaults, no fancy camo or supply case Red Flag):

M24

The M24 is a very accurate sniper rifle with a fairly good amount of damage. It has a five shots stored inside the chamber only because this is a bolt-action rifle. This gun is good for long or close range, but do not be tempted to throw on a silencer. The M24 walks on a fine line between a one-shot and two-shot kill. Putting a silencer on it would probably send it into the two-shot kill range (and since its a bolt-action, you would probably not get a chance for the second shot). Overall a good weapon choice for beginners and pro snipers.

SR-25

The SR-25 is basically a modded M16. Now don't run when I say that. This semi-auto sniper rifle is actually really accurate if you don't spam the living Red Flag out of that gun and firing it like a red-neck (sorry if I offended anyone). Since this is a semi-auto sniper rifle it comes with a 10-round clip and can be fired quickly enough to take down an enemy. Like the silenced M24, this gun is a two-hit kill but you can stay scoped-in in between shots (unless you have to reload). Adding a silencer to this gun will not do much to how quick you kill someone, but you will have to work a little harder to aim for their chest and head. This gun is not my favorite choice, but hey, a sniper rifle is still a sniper rifle. Using this gun will put you at a slight advantage when you are playing as a mobile sniper.

L96A1

This sniper rifle is used the most in the game (please correct me if I am wrong). The L96A1 is a bolt-action rifle with five shots stored in the gun. This bad-boy is a one shot, one kill weapon so don't be afraid about aiming for the legs once in a while. Being a heavy shooter as it is, the L96A1 comes packed with a lot of recoil. This causes you to zoom out in between shots (just like the M24). This gun, unlike the M24, will still kill players in one hit with a silencer attached so if you need the recoil down a little, you can stick the S1 Silencer Attachment and still kill like crazy. If you are a player with enough patience and good accuracy, this rifle will be your best friend (besides your primaries, but I will get to that in a different post).

MSG-90

This is the last default rifle that has not been mentioned. The MSG-90 is a semi-auto sniper with a 10 round magazine. This gun has a little more damage and recoil than the SR-25 but comes with the downside of being less portable and having a slower rate of fire. If you can overcome these challenges, the MSG-90 is a good, fast-paced weapon to use for a sniper. Adding the silencers on it will still allow this gun to be a two-hit kill, but beware if you miss because chances are you will be running through 5-6 rounds with it if you cannot hit your target above the waist. Out of the two semi-auto snipers, I would choose this one. Overall a good weapon.

OK.......Now that we have gone through the actual rifles themselves, I can get on with this guide.

Now before you even choose your sniper rifle, you need to know what kind of sniper you want to be. You have the choice between a camping sniper and a mobile sniper. A camping sniper needs to be ready to fend off his position at anytime while being watchful of enemies sniping back at him. This tends to be what the majority of players do. A mobile sniper is a little harder to master, but can be rewarding if done right. Mobile snipers don't have to watch their back as much but will have to watch themselves when moving to a different position. Both types of snipers are found in this game and you have to make sure you have decided which one you want to be.

Camping Sniper

A good loadout for this class is to have a bolt-action rifle (for a hopeful one-hit, one-kill) with either a shotgun or a good, fast shooting primary to defend yourself with. Another good item to have is the M16A1 Anti-Personal Mine. This could distract players or kill them allowing you to make a quick getaway.

Once you have found a secure location to snipe at, be sure to place your mines where you want them so the enemy will have to shoot through them or step on them. When you are sniping as this type of sniper, you have to use your ears as much as your eyes. If you hear an enemy sneaking up on you, be sure to take them out before they do so to you. That is the trickiest part of this type of sniping. Most players will just scope in and sit there for a long time and eventually get killed from behind because they do not bother to check behind them. Mastering the use of your ears and eyes at the same time will help you become a good camping sniper.

Mobile Sniper

A good load out for this type of sniping will normally consist of a semi-automatic sniper rifle and an assault rifle. The reason for choosing an assault rifle for this type of sniping is because you will normally move a lot and may need to defend yourself against multiple enemies. Please do not mistake this as me saying, "don't use a sub-machine gun or a light-machine gun". You can choose to use these, but I am just letting you know that I have found the most success as using an assault rifle. If you really want to you can use your smgs and machine guns all you want for all I care.

Sniping this way will most likely lead to, kill your enemy then move on. This type of sniping involves the second part of the snipers mantra (the moving on part). You will be hard-pressed to get killed if you take out the guy who you are shooting at and move to a different location. A good thing about sniping like this is that if someone sees you, they probably will not have time to kill you if you get away right away. I have found this useful on smaller maps that have a lot of action in a central area. If you have quick feet and an itchy trigger finger, this type of sniping may be found to be more useful to you.

Quick Tips for Both Snipers

1. Do not attract to much attention when you are getting to your camping spot or moving from one place to another.

This is the quickest way in losing your advantage when sniping. If you are moving to your sniping position, try to keep away from enemies. In the chance that you find some in your way, try to eliminate them as quickly as possible so that you don't start a firefight.

2. If you know you have been spotted, do yourself a favor and do not stick around to see if they have a sniper rifle.

Bad idea if you think you can snipe someone who has seen you. Most of the time, they will be ready with the gun out to shoot you once you peek out. The best way to get out of this situation is to run (or retreat for those who do not like using the term run). This may look cowardly, but you will be the one smiling when you catch the fool looking for you and you snipe him.

3. Do not waste your shots on people way out of range.

Most of the time if you are sniping someone, you will get them fairly quickly. Once in a while though, they will be too far out for you to hit. My advice, do not give away your position by spamming as many shots as you can in his general direction. Unless you know you can hit him, do not shoot.

4. And finally, do not rush yourself when sniping.

I have seen people make this mistake time in and time out. They know they are getting shot at, so they take a quick peak and shoot off 7-8 rounds hoping they can hit a lucky shot. If you do this, I will personally come to your house and call you the biggest ***** in all of first-person shooters and I will take a picture of you and put it up on my wall of shame next to the tea-baggers and suicide bombers. Sniping is not something done by luck or chance. You may get a lucky shot once in a while but sniping requires skill and patience.

Hopefully, you num-skulls who do not know how to snipe now know and maybe those pros out there might learn a thing or two. Good luck with your sniping and I hope this guide will help.

Hope this helps your sniping.
    This is your life and it's ending one second at a time.

Thank you Godlike for this amazing signature :3

Help me raise my Habamon!

my pretty sniper guide https://www.mpgh.net/forum/186-combat...de-sniper.html
    my pretty one hit kill weapon guide https://www.mpgh.net/forum/186-combat...l-weapons.html
    Don't know how to take/post screen shots??
    your hack isn't geting approved becouse of no screen shot?
    No Problem!! just click the following link ^^
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/164-combat...reen-shot.html

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    IMO the MSG90 and the PSG-1 are horrible high recoil guns when going on auto. I've just been spoiled by the M416 and the M416CQB being my "snipers". IMO the best sniper is the L96A1, its a one shot kill so you can aim anywhere (basically....). And if your too slow at switching the gun, just no scope the enemy while he desperately tries to knife you.
    Any donations would help

Quote Originally Posted by Bombsaway707

HOLY SHIT ITS USER1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood

HOLY SHIT ITS USER1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alby-kun

HOLY SHIT ITS USER1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali

HOLY SHIT ITS USER1
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeDemon
    HOLY SHIT ITS USER1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jussofresh View Post
    HOLY SHIT ITS USER1!
    [21:13] CoderNever: HOLY SHIT ITS USER1!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by User1 View Post
    IMO the MSG90 and the PSG-1 are horrible high recoil guns when going on auto. I've just been spoiled by the M416 and the M416CQB being my "snipers". IMO the best sniper is the L96A1, its a one shot kill so you can aim anywhere (basically....). And if your too slow at switching the gun, just no scope the enemy while he desperately tries to knife you.
    Again the L9 is not a oneshot kill weapon, it sometimes feel.

Also the MSG90 and the PSG-1 are the same weapon. One is a police version and one is a the military version.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Great guide, no really!
    It was easy to understand , and had great grammar.
    I'm currently working on a sniping guide myself, but for like sniping styles such as quick scoping.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    well, good luck with that hoodedsony1 !

my pretty one hit kill weapon guide https://www.mpgh.net/forum/186-combat...l-weapons.html

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Didnt help

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Sorry.. If you need any additional help feel free to ask me for it

edit: wow i can't belive this guide disappeard so quickly..
    Last edited by czudej; 08-05-2009 at 02:14 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to czudej For This Useful Post:

happyhax (08-05-2009)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    You didn't mention the psg? psgs are a good two hit semi auto! ;3

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    your right i did not ^^
    lol i don't feel like doing it know though i need to get some sleep waking up early tomorrow for skatepark.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by czudej View Post
    L96A1

This sniper rifle is used the most in the game (please correct me if I am wrong). The L96A1 is a bolt-action rifle with five shots stored in the gun. This bad-boy is a one shot, one kill weapon so don't be afraid about aiming for the legs once in a while. Being a heavy shooter as it is, the L96A1 comes packed with a lot of recoil. This causes you to zoom out in between shots (just like the M24). This gun, unlike the M24, will still kill players in one hit with a silencer attached so if you need the recoil down a little, you can stick the S1 Silencer Attachment and still kill like crazy. If you are a player with enough patience and good accuracy, this rifle will be your best friend (besides your primaries, but I will get to that in a different post).

Also if it hasn't been mentioned yet (I didn't bother reading the whole thread) the L96A1 is extremely glitched. Here's why..

First of, unlike most of the other snipers the L9 does NOT headshot on a regular basis. Headshots are almost impossible and purely random even while aiming for them from a tower and the guy is sitting or standing still.

Snow Valley: Enemies who are crouching behind the sand bags on the hill in Alpha spawn or the sand bags infront of Bravo spawns will never be headshoted with the L96A1.

The L96A1 is only useful for sniping the torso. I'd have to give it a 90% kill (10% being shots in legs or arms or high ranked players with multiple upgrades + NX).

Thanks
    Gr8 guide, good contributuion to mpgh. tahnks

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapakalypse View Post
    Also if it hasn't been mentioned yet (I didn't bother reading the whole thread) the L96A1 is extremely glitched. Here's why..

First of, unlike most of the other snipers the L9 does NOT headshot on a regular basis. Headshots are almost impossible and purely random even while aiming for them from a tower and the guy is sitting or standing still.

Snow Valley: Enemies who are crouching behind the sand bags on the hill in Alpha spawn or the sand bags infront of Bravo spawns will never be headshoted with the L96A1.

The L96A1 is only useful for sniping the torso. I'd have to give it a 90% kill (10% being shots in legs or arms or high ranked players with multiple upgrades + NX).
    Proof like a video?

I and other get headshots just fine.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Nice Guide :-]

Thanks
    This Should Be In Genreal Its Not About Hackin

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    I don't know if you noticed but the general section is gone >.<

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Also Waka, the s1 is a HORRIBLE silencer to put on the L9, unless you're planning on quickscoping a lot. At far range, what you really want is the s2.

Read the rules, love the rules, follow the rules, and we'll get along pretty damn well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast