Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    WinRez is way dif. than Res editor.

"WinRez LT Studio is a collection of tools created to aid in the development of games and mods for games that utilize any of the LithTech Engines. Popular examples are: Shogo, Blood II, No One Lives Forever, Aliens Versus Predator 2, Global Operations, Purge, No One Lives Forever 2, and Tron 2.0."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Hmmm well I'll be damned seems your right....
    Let me try to lad the files.....
    Hmmm says the CHAR files aren't valid Lithtech rez files :L

If you could get this program to open up a CHAR file I'd be very thankful, but as it looks there is a problem when it tries to open Combat Arm files. Is there something different about CA .rez files then other ones ?:|
    Last edited by why06; 08-04-2009 at 10:24 AM.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    idk but I have used a program to open CHAR files before. It was a BHD (Black Hawk Down [First person shoot]) modder. The main game file is 200+ mb that opened as a notepad looking text.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    I edited one thing in UI_HUD_WeaponInfo.rez and when I loaded game none of my weapon's names showed up in my HUD when I took them out. Lol xD

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    from what i understand, your computer uses these files to render the game. it only changes how you see them, not how every one else sees them. in order to actually change it, the server must be edited, or needs to register the change. that is my opinion, if you disagree, its your problem
    Last edited by IME; 08-04-2009 at 10:15 PM.
    [IMG]https://i744.photobucke*****m/albums/xx88/ToyMaker_07/MPGH/Sig.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    OMG, I THINK THIS IS HOW THIS PERSON GOT THE SANTA HAT FROM THIS LINK TO ANOTHER FORUM THAT YOU MAY HAVE READ :https://www.mpgh.net/forum/164-combat...-returned.html

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by IME View Post
    from what i understand, your computer uses these files to render the game. it only changes how you see them, not how every one else sees them. in order to actually change it, the server must be edited, or needs to register the change. that is my opinion, if you disagree, its your problem
    I disagree. If any of you have been a previous or current Maplestory hacker than you have known the resourcefulness of .wz hacking. The .wz files are similar to the .rez files in Combat Arms. Things possible through .wz editing are walking speed hack, Infinite MP for certain Skills, And a no delay hack. So i believe that editing .rez files could be a great step for CA hacking. Someone just needs to go the extra mile and create an editor. Thats what they did for MS and the editor is call DemsWz
    Latest ======= =
    =
    === =

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    hey guys i was just wondering could u use hammer or something like that to open the files because i have some game making software on my computer i can try
    [IMG]https://i607.photobucke*****m/albums/tt152/bran92don/27yangl1.png[/IMG][IMG]https://i607.photobucke*****m/albums/tt152/bran92don/kratos1.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by !~_Creedy_~! View Post
    i dont get it
    then dont mess with it 0.o

Press The Thanks Button If I Helped =D
    Quote Originally Posted by mamakiller13 View Post

and im aint fag,
    FORMERLY KNOWN AS SloaMoeDaea

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    I HAVE AN IDEA!!!

I am going to try to turn my head into a pair of pants

PS: dont put this in your siggy or ill look stupid

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisafoo View Post
    I HAVE AN IDEA!!!

PS: dont put this in your siggy or ill look stupid

Dont worry NO One is going TO PUT YOUR QUOTE INTO THEIR SIGGY....
    Look Down
    Latest ======= =
    =
    === =

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    fucking amazing good luck

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Xxkratosx View Post
    hey guys i was just wondering could u use hammer or something like that to open the files because i have some game making software on my computer i can try
    Ive been looking all around for a .rez editor. I suppose I coould try to make one, but I wouldn't know where to start becasue I dont know the method of encryption. :L

I can't find anything....

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisafoo View Post
    I HAVE AN IDEA!!!

PS: please put this in my siggy so ill look stupid
    ^Your welcome.

fail:

Quote Originally Posted by oanator View Post
    hey does this give a viris? if so i will tell an admin and u will be band

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Hi,

I'm the guy who originally wrote WinRez & WinRez LT Studio.
    Rez Files are LithTech Resource files much like Zip Files.

If you can get me a small file to download I can take a look at what they've changed since i've last worked on it (LONG time ago). Probably some header changes would be my guess..

Thanks

BA

edit: One thing we used to do 'way back when' was to find another game that did have the mod tools available released at roughly the same time and use the 'LithRez.exe' from the tools on the rez files of the other game to do the creation/extraction of the rez files.. perhaps worth looking into?
    Last edited by B1ackAnge1; 08-20-2009 at 06:39 PM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast