Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    dosnt work anymore they changed the rez file types in latest patch

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    No they haven't. It's been the same .rez since the creation of the game. The only problem is these are new .rez files then were used in older Lithtech Engines. there is a new encryption in the files. Still haven't got around to unpacking the .rez's and probably won't until I have a lot of time on my hand. Right now I'm mainly concerned with learning C++ and passing classes. I don't have time for much else. I'll try to get started learning about packing and unpacking .rez's this weekend then maybe I can get a good idea of what needs to be done and how to do it. Hopefully I can understand how to pack, unpack, and change .rez's by the end of the year.
    One thing I don't think CA does is check the files it uses to make sure every client side version of the game is using the same files because it doesn't kick people out for deleting .rez files.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    lol thats gonna be really HARD, still lets try it xD!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    we can ask the guy who cracked encryption for player.txt for the key to try use that to decrypt?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
    No they haven't. It's been the same .rez since the creation of the game. The only problem is these are new .rez files then were used in older Lithtech Engines. there is a new encryption in the files. Still haven't got around to unpacking the .rez's and probably won't until I have a lot of time on my hand. Right now I'm mainly concerned with learning C++ and passing classes. I don't have time for much else. I'll try to get started learning about packing and unpacking .rez's this weekend then maybe I can get a good idea of what needs to be done and how to do it. Hopefully I can understand how to pack, unpack, and change .rez's by the end of the year.
    One thing I don't think CA does is check the files it uses to make sure every client side version of the game is using the same files because it doesn't kick people out for deleting .rez files.

Yeah I updated and the rez files are still the same.. not sure where this person got their info from. As far as the rez file format and how etc just ask XD.
    (still working on those 44 bytes, changed some of it and the game didn't tell me to redownload anything so that's a good step in the right direction)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by doommach View Post
    we can ask the guy who cracked encryption for player.txt for the key to try use that to decrypt?
    That'd be a step in the right direction.. if you know him go for it!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to B1ackAnge1 For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Beex (09-03-2009)

Over the hill where the green grass grow...
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Worried
    any updates so far? im dying to mod this game

Thanks
    dude nexon is using a different type of coding i think? o.0

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Hey guys do you mind if i join in too help? I Know Some Coding Some C# A little C++. This jusst Looked really interesting + i want to be famous for when im one of the first people to crack a CA .rez So Far ive managed to get ingame and my texture looks different but when i die i switch back >.< im woeking on editing the attributes but the extra bits are making some of this really hard >.> as soon as Ange1 figures out the extra code ill be able to really help Good luck!

Over the hill where the green grass grow...
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Worried
    hehe so far i can only do is make the models disappear. Doesnt evry1 want to be the first person to crack a CA rez?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    WOOT! lol so i got a speedhack to work. i dont know what i did im gonna have to look back through and find out what i did as soon as i do ill post it!

edit:B1ack i might need your assistance not sure yet.
    Last edited by Beex; 09-03-2009 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Adding a request

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Duke View Post
    WOOT! lol so i got a speedhack to work. i dont know what i did im gonna have to look back through and find out what i did as soon as i do ill post it!

edit:B1ack i might need your assistance not sure yet.
    A speedhack by editing a .rez?

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    The only thing i want to edit the weapons to write my name on the side of it .. XD that would be so awesome but there is no way to yet right? or am i missing something? XD
    keep on the good work, and i hope there will be a way to do that soon XD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Nice Good Job....

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom445 View Post
    Nice Good Job....
    hmm idk what i did for the speedhack im still looking it over its looking normal

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast