Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin)

I just caught up with the series because a lot of people recommended it, and I have to say I'm really impressed. I assume that most, if not all of you here watch it already.

I'm just going to go over some key points though. The animation is different, I haven't really seen much that shares this art-style/animation. For the most part I like it, but there are some things that annoy me. Such as when the captain was freaking out about Eren's titan powers and they kept zooming in on his face to show how freaked out he was and those black lines came over his face. I get what the point of them is, I just think they overdid it a bit. I'm also not as big of a fan of the S2 opening and ending as I am of the S1, but oh well.

I'm glad that there's a Shonen starting up that's looking to be fairly long. Based on how far the manga is now (I have a friend who reads it, so we were talking about it) there's going to be at LEAST 50 episodes. Not to mention that the manga isn't going to be ending any time soon, they STILL haven't answered the thing about the key and his basement. Plus, these areas are FUCKING huge, they're like the size of a small country. So, I think there's going to end up being 150+ episodes. (Which makes me happy. ^_^)

Anyways, what do you guys think?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    "shounen".

I doubt it will reach a hundred + without significant quality drop, but maybe. The popularity of it in japan is pretty good so it might get that insane amount of funding it would need.(not to mention the story is only at 50 chapters/episodes, and there really isn't enough plot as is.).

I would prefer it end sooner than later, since quality is what drives this show, not being some kids toy advertisement.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    "shounen".

I doubt it will reach a hundred + without significant quality drop, but maybe. The popularity of it in japan is pretty good so it might get that insane amount of funding it would need.(not to mention the story is only at 50 chapters/episodes, and there really isn't enough plot as is.).

I would prefer it end sooner than later, since quality is what drives this show, not being some kids toy advertisement.
    I doubt they'll do that, right now AOT is making lots of money and I think they'll keep it that way.

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Color For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (07-19-2013)

Threadstarter
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    "shounen".

Whatever, you know exactly what I meant Mr. "Midara". :P

My friend who reads the manga says the quality hasn't dropped so far (and it's at chapter 47). So I don't think it will. I don't think it's going to be big 3 status long, I'd estimate around 150-200 episodes, not much more than that.

But yeah, I agree with Color, I don't think it's going to end sooner than later.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Whatever, you know exactly what I meant Mr. "Midara". :P

My friend who reads the manga says the quality hasn't dropped so far (and it's at chapter 47). So I don't think it will. I don't think it's going to be big 3 status long, I'd estimate around 150-200 episodes, not much more than that.

But yeah, I agree with Color, I don't think it's going to end sooner than later.

No the joke is its "shonen" even though the majority for that magazine is romance, so its not exactly the "shonen" genre you'll see in sites.
    -Which honestly is very odd to me, that they'd put something like this there, oh well.

Well let me put it this way, the quality of shingeki's episodes cost a lot. Very few anime(very very few) get past the 30 mark with that. Going 100+ would be making anime history(which would be awesome).

The manga has a decent story, its just not exactly "long"

Threadstarter
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    No the joke is its "shonen" even though the majority for that magazine is romance, so its not exactly the "shonen" genre you'll see in sites.
    -Which honestly is very odd to me, that they'd put something like this there, oh well.

Well let me put it this way, the quality of shingeki's episodes cost a lot. Very few anime(very very few) get past the 30 mark with that. Going 100+ would be making anime history(which would be awesome).

The manga has a decent story, its just not exactly "long"
    Oh...well that doesn't mean it's NOT Shonen. Shonen just means it's aimed at males that are 13+. Usually that implies lots of action AND love related stuff, but it just has to be targeted at boys above the age of 13 (which this is). :S

I thought you were talking about story, not animation. xD I think they're going to receive the funding they need to keep the animation quality up. (It's getting VERY big in Japan). Even if it drops a bit, I'm not too worried.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    It had a good start but i got bored and haven't bothered to go back to it also I agree with empire it Going 100+ is not going to happen.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Oh...well that doesn't mean it's NOT Shonen. Shonen just means it's aimed at males that are 13+. Usually that implies lots of action AND love related stuff, but it just has to be targeted at boys above the age of 13 (which this is). :S

I thought you were talking about story, not animation. xD I think they're going to receive the funding they need to keep the animation quality up. (It's getting VERY big in Japan). Even if it drops a bit, I'm not too worried.
    shonen usually means ages 8-14, actionish, and yeah, that's about it.

I just hope its not another soul eater.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    4 eps in and then I start to read the manga then dropped it a month or two ago
    Fear the old blood.

Threadstarter
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    shonen usually means ages 8-14, actionish, and yeah, that's about it.

I just hope its not another soul eater.
    Shonen

It's 13 or older, but they're the same shit really.

And what do you mean, did Soul Eater start good and then turn shit? (I don't know much about it, I just have a friend that fanboys the shit out of it).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Not so sure about the whole "not getting enough money" is an issue at the moment. They've recently got a Ferrari covered in AoT decals (estimated at about 60 million Yen/ $601,850 USD) It's going to be used for the next month to promote it's first Blu-ray/DVD volume of AoT. They even got a guy in a full body Titan costume.

Source/more Info: Attack on Titan Gets Promotional Ferrari With Full-Body Suit Titan - Interest - Anime News Network

13. The Following User Says Thank You to -Madara_Uchihă- For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (07-20-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Shonen

It's 13 or older, but they're the same shit really.

And what do you mean, did Soul Eater start good and then turn shit? (I don't know much about it, I just have a friend that fanboys the shit out of it).
    Soul eater followed the manga till about halfway(through the castle) then since the manga had yet to make its next big arc it ended in filler(in the anime).

Threadstarter
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Soul eater followed the manga till about halfway(through the castle) then since the manga had yet to make its next big arc it ended in filler(in the anime).
    Oh...that sucks. :S I agree, I hope that doesn't happen here.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Oh...that sucks. :S I agree, I hope that doesn't happen here.
    Well at the rate of chapter x episode, shingeki will definitely need to take a break.

Threadstarter
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Well at the rate of chapter x episode, shingeki will definitely need to take a break.
    Maybe they'll just take a season off or something. :S Honestly, I don't care if they add some filler, as long as everything from the manga actually GETS transferred over to the anime.

But yeah, I don't think it was a smart move to try and turn a monthly manga into a weekly anime.
    Last edited by scotbud123; 07-20-2013 at 09:28 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast