Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

:/ I feel sasuke shows that more than naruto.

Naruto wins most of his fights thanks to his lack of willpower to supress the kyubi, his determination is "meh" considering his options.
    Created an account just so I can post this video: youtube dot com /watch?v=A3zUrQX3MzI
    Of course Naruto is faster than the Raikage, I agree 100% with everything scotbud123 has said.
    Naruto is far better than Sasuke. It wasn't always like this, Sasuke had the upper hand against Naruto in Part 1, but I feel the tables turned in shippuden whenever Naruto mastered the sage mode (A lot better and faster than Jiraiya I should add).
    I've read all of the posts between you two and I can't say you've been right in any of your major points

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TheWizKid95 For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (07-29-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWizKid95 View Post
    Created an account just so I can post

I agree 100% with everything scotbud123 has said.

I've read all of the posts between you two and I can't say you've been right in any of your major points
    No offense but I don't really care, if all you are going to say is +1 then just say that.
    --------
    Last edited by Empire; 07-29-2013 at 10:44 PM.

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    :/ You are severely overblowing naruto's speed among many other things.

Why bother arguing if you don't even watch/read the series? I mean clearly naruto doesn't move that fast in the show or manga, he couldn't even pass the raikage, let alone move at some godlike speed vs obito, an actual opponent.

Oh well, fanboys will be fanboys.
    What the fuck are you talking about? Of course he's faster than the Raikage, did you not pay attention when he entered the war?

(And that was BEFORE he even got Bijuu mode).

And I have read the entire series, and I've watched it 3 times.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWizKid95 View Post
    Created an account just so I can post this video: youtube dot com /watch?v=A3zUrQX3MzI
    Of course Naruto is faster than the Raikage, I agree 100% with everything scotbud123 has said.
    Naruto is far better than Sasuke. It wasn't always like this, Sasuke had the upper hand against Naruto in Part 1, but I feel the tables turned in shippuden whenever Naruto mastered the sage mode (A lot better and faster than Jiraiya I should add).
    Thank you! Finally someone who understands. xD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    *sigh* fanboys.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    >Proves him wrong
    >*sigh* fanboys.
    >lolwut?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    >Proves him wrong
    >*sigh* fanboys.
    >lolwut?
    You got me, your character is totally better than mine because you care enough to exaggerate to ridiculous lengths and I'm tired of arguing with a child.

:/ *sigh* fanboys

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    >Using references from the show as his arguments
    >"exaggerate to ridiculous lengths"
    >Alright there buddy

Everything I said is right out of the show. You just hate any character (or show for that matter) that focuses on morals. I don't know, guess you're just a fucking nihilist.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    >Using references from the show as his arguments
    >"exaggerate to ridiculous lengths"
    >Alright there buddy

Everything I said is right out of the show. You just hate any character (or show for that matter) that focuses on morals. I don't know, guess you're just a fucking nihilist.

:/ Again, "haters gonna hate"? Really?

Oh I must hate shows that focus on morals......I must hate naruto.........

Scot, just because people dislike something doesn't mean they are "hating on" whatever it is.
    ----------------------------------------

Also just for the record, I've watched and liked/loved a ton of shows "about morals" lol.

5:00 should be good enough.

Last edited by Empire; 07-30-2013 at 02:05 AM.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    No, that argument he's making at 5 min in that video doesn't apply here at all. If anything, he's talking about you way more.

He's speaking about reductive thought patterns and ideologies. Yes, I know there's good and bad in the series. There's plenty of bad, I know that, there's also plenty of good. You're the one that's CONSTANTLY reductive, all you ever do is point out the bad. Every, single, post that you've made since I've started posted in this section in relation to Naruto has been negative.

So really, out of the two of us, who's being more reductive?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    No, that argument he's making at 5 min in that video doesn't apply here at all. If anything, he's talking about you way more.

He's speaking about reductive thought patterns and ideologies. Yes, I know there's good and bad in the series. There's plenty of bad, I know that, there's also plenty of good. You're the one that's CONSTANTLY reductive, all you ever do is point out the bad. Every, single, post that you've made since I've started posted in this section in relation to Naruto has been negative.

So really, out of the two of us, who's being more reductive?
    Is reductive your new favorite word? Its not the right word for that......, reductive means kind of "simplifying", in a way, but in a different sense. Who's simplifying more? Uh......hmmmmmm........that's an actual question? Are you asking me to go into detail, or what?

Do you mean reductionism? Still not exactly relevant, or even true really. A really obscure way to say "haters gonna hate" though, which is sad.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    :/ I'm negative towards naruto?(and?) You practically suck Kishi's dick lol. You should read your post and how much you overly defend stuff that wasn't even offensive in nature.

Still see nothing wrong in being critical of Naruto, at least in the fourth war where its gone to shit so fast. Its no surprise that when a mediocre series turns bad, some people don't like it anymore.
    Last edited by Empire; 07-30-2013 at 02:37 AM.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Being reductive means you look at things as just black or white, without a possibility of a "grey" in between.

I never said it's wrong to be critical of Naruto, but ALL you ever DO is be critical. The only half good thing I ever heard you say about Naruto is that it had "potential". Out of the 1.5 years that I've been here, the best you've said is "it had potential". (Which is another way of saying "it could have been good, but it sucks dick").

Even your "compliment" (the one and only) was an insult. So yeah, you are being extremely reductive.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Being reductive means you look at things as just black or white, without a possibility of a "grey" in between.

I never said it's wrong to be critical of Naruto, but ALL you ever DO is be critical. The only half good thing I ever heard you say about Naruto is that it had "potential". Out of the 1.5 years that I've been here, the best you've said is "it had potential". (Which is another way of saying "it could have been good, but it sucks dick").

Even your "compliment" (the one and only) was an insult. So yeah, you are being extremely reductive.
    That is not what reductive means......

And no surprise out of the 1.5 years you've been here only the 4th war has been going on. I mean really scot, even you have to realize how shitty it started out, continued to drag on with just an extreme amount of bs, and now were here. With obito being well.....a weak character, and giant monster/energy battles.

:/ Cry me a river if I don't praise naruto.
    Last edited by Empire; 07-30-2013 at 10:46 PM.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I loved the concept of the 4th war, and I still like the arc as a whole. It's not my favorite, because it IS dragging on a little, but I don't hate it by any means. I don't hate any (canon) Naruto arc. I guess my least favorite would have to be the Sasuke and Sai arc just because there wasn't really much action (and when I thought there was going to be, Kishi is like lolnope). But I still didn't hate that arc.

(Actually 4-tails Naruto did rip the shit out of Orochimari, but still).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I loved the concept of the 4th war, and I still like the arc as a whole. It's not my favorite, because it IS dragging on a little, but I don't hate it by any means. I don't hate any (canon) Naruto arc. I guess my least favorite would have to be the Sasuke and Sai arc just because there wasn't really much action (and when I thought there was going to be, Kishi is like lolnope). But I still didn't hate that arc.

(Actually 4-tails Naruto did rip the shit out of Orochimari, but still).

:/

Not gonna lie, the 4th war is probably one of the worse arcs in manga history. Its not the lesser quality, the "cliche" of bringing back everyone from the dead, or the absolute shame of having the majority of the characters who sacrificed themselves for some purpose revived to give another flashback/parting gift.

Its the pacing, the storytelling, the entire thing being well.......bad. Naruto is the only series I have ever read (and I've read pretty damn much everything) where the author has drug on one arc, this shamelessly, for 200 chapters.
    -Don't get me wrong, this wasn't a problem pre 4th war, for several big reasons:

1. In this arc people stand around. Characters introduced(again) and are taken care of 10 chapters later. Its just like "hey lemme ressurrect that, oh he's gone now" there wasn't exactly a point for this in the first place outside of filling panel time.
    2. There is just so many flashbacks. Half these people don't even matter anymore, the other half didn't really benefit from them.
    3. The details of the ressurection technique basically being whatever Kishi thinks of to suit the plot at the moment.(i.e. orochimaru's mask, kabuto's "it can't be shut down", but then it can).
    4. None of the revived baddies are even a threat. I mean none of them actually made me go "oh man, that guy is a badass" outside of the hokage(not the other kage) and madara. That being said, they kill some random good-guy cannon fodder then get sealed.
    5. The zetsu. They take up a lot of panels, but do absolutely nothing. Ever.
    6. There isn't a clear objective for well over a 100 chapters.(half the arc)
    7. Obito sucks. He is just so whiny and his motives are very childish. Its actually worse than "my pain is greater" thing.

All in all, its probably just the longest most drawn out arc in manga history, with some of the laziest writing. I can't think of the last manga I've read where 100 went by and nothing really happened.

:/ Scot, just so you know, this arc is why a lot of naruto fans dropped it. Its like MoP for WoW actually.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Not even responding to that, not worth my time. MoP is great. And reviving the dead was a great way to flesh out the lore of the series.

Didn't read anything else, not worth the time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast